Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Rewulf said:

13 years of (the last) labour government cost us 10 years of austerity, and for all those years labour blamed the tories for austerity ! Thats laughable.
Now labour blame the tories for the tax hikes to try and pay back covid monies, and for energy hikes they had virtually no control over.
labour do a great blame game, yet come up with NO solutions other than borrow more money, and tax the rich, yet when they were in power , they did a lot of borrowing , and DIDNT tax the rich .
They fight a class war that doesnt exist anymore, across an imaginary divide in society.
Utterly pathetic.

Place is in a mess who do you look at the party in power or the party that was in power? 

The energy crisis was avoidable. 

20 hours ago, Rewulf said:

13 years of (the last) labour government cost us 10 years of austerity, and for all those years labour blamed the tories for austerity ! Thats laughable.
Now labour blame the tories for the tax hikes to try and pay back covid monies, and for energy hikes they had virtually no control over.
labour do a great blame game, yet come up with NO solutions other than borrow more money, and tax the rich, yet when they were in power , they did a lot of borrowing , and DIDNT tax the rich .
They fight a class war that doesnt exist anymore, across an imaginary divide in society.
Utterly pathetic.

Good post

Looks like the candidates for next PM now recognise the failure of their own party over the last few years. How do they expect the public, anyone with an ounce of integrity or common sense to have any faith in them going forward. What a shambles. 

wonder if we will end up with Kimi as our first black prime minister..........stranger things have happened at sea !

how would she handle the slavery issue

how would she handle the illeagal immigration issue

how would she handle the race issue

does she realise how insanely difficult her life would become ?

24 minutes ago, ditchman said:

wonder if we will end up with Kimi as our first black prime minister..........stranger things have happened at sea !

The same goes for any of them I guess. To me she seems to have little depth but it's all very artificial and I am not sure we understand them any more as a result. The more i see of Truss and Sunak the less I like. I would like to here say 20 mins from each of them on their vision for change. Unless we have had that already and i missed it? 

29 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Femi Don has already come out and accused her of not being the correct type of <insert colour here>!! I have seen a video on YT of her in parliament ripping a labour MP <female of insert colour here> about their calls of racism.

Apparently a famous chocolate bar name is used when referring to her by certain elements 

To me - she is appearing to be the best in a poor pool of options.... 

at the end of the day (to use a well worn phrase)......it dont matter one single nano jot what we the people think.......

the person who will end up as ruler of my / your country ...will be decieded as a result of "whats in it for them"..they will bit by bit transfer their votes to the person who will succeed in the next round ...so they will be remembered when they dish out the directorships/ commitee places/fact finding tours to mustique/junior minister roles etc...........oh and heads up on insider dealing...manipliating markets........you know...the usual stuff

cynicle ..moi................!

On 16/07/2022 at 21:45, oowee said:

Place is in a mess who do you look at the party in power or the party that was in power? 

So if you move into a new property, and it was left in a poor state by the previous occupier, its still you that made the mess ?:lol:

On 16/07/2022 at 21:45, oowee said:

The energy crisis was avoidable. 

If it was  (and Im not saying it wasnt) why arent labour hauling the tories over the coals for it daily.
Ive hardly heard them mention it ?
I fancy its because labour havent a scooby how to deal with it.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Looks like the candidates for next PM now recognise the failure of their own party over the last few years. How do they expect the public, anyone with an ounce of integrity or common sense to have any faith in them going forward. What a shambles. 

Yep , lets just change the government over to a Starmer led labour one, that will fix everything wont it ?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have to agree oowee , the latest question time with remaining candidates shows some true colours of their dislikes for each other, but when asked if they become PM would they have Boris in their cabinet ? or maybe he will be made a Lord ? 

When have you ever seen a TV debate where everyone was nice to each other ?

The idea of these debates is to show the public who these people are , and what their mettle is like.
Its bound to be aggressive as they try to alpha each other for dominance.

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So if you move into a new property, and it was left in a poor state by the previous occupier, its still you that made the mess ?

If it was  (and Im not saying it wasnt) why arent labour hauling the tories over the coals for it daily.
Ive hardly heard them mention it ?
I fancy its because labour havent a scooby how to deal with it.

Yep , lets just change the government over to a Starmer led labour one, that will fix everything wont it ?

When have you ever seen a TV debate where everyone was nice to each other ?

The idea of these debates is to show the public who these people are , and what their mettle is like.
Its bound to be aggressive as they try to alpha each other for dominance.

Whats your fixation with labour? Is that your only option? 

If you have been in the house ten years then yes the mess is your fault. I can understand that those who thought Bozo was a wet dream come true would also think that these losers were also wonderful. 

I don't expect the TV debate to be love island but when they all start to agree with everyone else that they have created a big pile of do do for the economy then you know something is seriously wrong. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Whats your fixation with labour? Is that your only option? 

Whats your fixation with the tories ?
Are you seriously suggesting the current labour opposition would do a better job ?
Because I believe a large majority of this country would disagree with you.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

If you have been in the house ten years then yes the mess is your fault.

Really ?
So after 10 years of cleaning, and trying to put things right, and just after a 2 year pandemic that battered everyone financially, you still cant put any blame on the state the previous occupiers left the place?
Labour started slagging the tories off for the state of the country within a year, its hilarious , and pretty much all theyve got in them.
It took them years to get rid of Steptoe, such is the hold the commies have on the party (and still do) thats how fit and organised they are for government.
Unfortunately Grant , we have the tories for a long long time , so Id get used to it, at least until the labour party re invent themselves, delete the whole front bench and hierarchy, and work from the ground up into building themselves into a proper opposition.

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't expect the TV debate to be love island but when they all start to agree with everyone else that they have created a big pile of do do for the economy then you know something is seriously wrong. 

But did they  ?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Whats your fixation with the tories ?
Are you seriously suggesting the current labour opposition would do a better job ?
Because I believe a large majority of this country would disagree with you.

Really ?
So after 10 years of cleaning, and trying to put things right, and just after a 2 year pandemic that battered everyone financially, you still cant put any blame on the state the previous occupiers left the place?
Labour started slagging the tories off for the state of the country within a year, its hilarious , and pretty much all theyve got in them.
It took them years to get rid of Steptoe, such is the hold the commies have on the party (and still do) thats how fit and organised they are for government.
Unfortunately Grant , we have the tories for a long long time , so Id get used to it, at least until the labour party re invent themselves, delete the whole front bench and hierarchy, and work from the ground up into building themselves into a proper opposition.

But did they  ?

Strangely true but they are the Govt. They are responsible for what we have. I know many of the population were duped but people can learn from their mistakes, evaluate, regroup and call them out for what they are. The only good thing that anyone can say about them is it would have been worse with Labour. :lol::lol::lol: 

That is a very sad indictment. Surely we deserve something better than this? 

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

don't expect the TV debate to be love island but when they all start to agree with everyone else that they have created a big pile of do do for the economy then you know something is seriously wrong. 

Just watching the news, the next live debate on Sky news has been cancelled after Sunak and Truss pulled out, the clip they showed was them just having cheap digs at each other.

I'm still surprised that Sunak is supposed to be in the lead given he was in charge of the budget for the last few years and the stink around him and his wife being filthy rich, plus the tax dodging reported?

Truss?? Has she done anything? Problem is what have the other three done??

It does look like it will be a matter of the best of a poor bunch.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Just watching the news, the next live debate on Sky news has been cancelled after Sunak and Truss pulled out, the clip they showed was them just having cheap digs at each other.

I'm still surprised that Sunak is supposed to be in the lead given he was in charge of the budget for the last few years and the stink around him and his wife being filthy rich, plus the tax dodging reported?

Truss?? Has she done anything? Problem is what have the other three done??

It does look like it will be a matter of the best of a poor bunch.

I do hope its not Sunak. He was right at the heart of the mess created and is just untrustworthy. At least if we get someone new in then they have a chance to make a significant change in culture and delivery. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I do hope its not Sunak. He was right at the heart of the mess created and is just untrustworthy. At least if we get someone new in then they have a chance to make a significant change in culture and delivery. 

It would be nice, but will it happen?

I can't see it being Kimi, too young, the news said Tom was expected to be voted out today,  which leaves Penny? As the only unknown. 

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

That is a very sad indictment. Surely we deserve something better than this? 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Me too, mans a slimeball. Truss is inept.

Mordaunt for me , shes inexperienced , not a great speaker, but theres something fresh about her, down to earth.
With a decent cabinet to guide her ,  I think she'll be OK.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed.

Mordaunt for me , shes inexperienced , not a great speaker, but theres something fresh about her, down to earth.

👍

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed.

If I may enlighten you to a couple of her speeches 

And my favourite 

16 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Very good , I have already seen them , but they are good effective put downs, so I watched them again 😁

However both retorts are written prepared speeches, she delivered them well, but I have noticed she sometimes stumbles with ad lib work.
Practice makes perfect though , and shes no worse than Truss, with far better conviction and personality.
Easy on the eye too, which is never a hindrance 😄

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

They are good speeches - but did she write them?

They are reasonably well delivered, but not exceptionally so - it being quite clear she is reading at times.

I am not 'anti' her - indeed, I don't have a favourite - but I'm not convinced she has anything more than the ability to deliver a pre-written (by the speech writers) reasonably well.

Of course it is quite possible to have a PM who is just very good at bringing together a great team of Cabinet colleagues and civil service mandarins who 'get the job done' and simply being the 'chairman' .......... but I don't believe the backing material is there either at present.

The Cabinet potential candidates are a squabbling rabble who can't agree with each other; the Civil Service ignores the word 'service' and seems both broken, and continuously 'leaking' against the political 'masters'.

And on top of that, the Opposition have singularly failed to make much capital from the governments quagmire because they are also hopelessly divided and still have many of their internal party processes controlled by the Corbynand Momentum supporting 'left' members of the NEC and the Union barons who still have a BIG say in the party machine because of the way the party is set up and run by what is almost a separate party to the Parliamentary party.