Next Prime minister lads/lassies ?

ditchman

On 07/07/2022 at 17:22, oldypigeonpopper said:

Can anyone remember a prime minister who put our country in a better place, how many times have we heard, we are going to make our country great again!!!! I never see Great Britain head lines, 

Before I was born but Clement Attlee

The Health Service

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I know she is unlikely to get it but I do like the attitude of that coloured lass who has just put up. It realy does need a new face from outside the present bubble.

Do you perhaps mean Suella Braverman, the current Attorney General?

was amazed at the "sudden" election video that sunak put up....that must have been thought out and put together quite a while before releasing it

just find it very difficult to warm to someone who "wants" to be prime minister....just dosnt feel right

think Ben Wallace is going to be in the mix somewhere...

my worry is that who ever they choose the media / press will go to town on them to drag up dirt....and the future of the country will be determined on someone who was found out to have (many years ago) have wee'd on a hedgehog whilst out camping with aunti meg and uncle bert...

know what i mean ?

Edited by ditchman

22 minutes ago, ditchman said:

was amazed at the "sudden" election video that sunak put up....that must have been thought out and put together quite a while before releasing it

just find it very difficult to warm to someone who "wants" to be prime minister....just dosnt feel right

think Ben Wallace is going to be in the mix somewhere...

my worry is that who ever they choose the media / press will go to town on them to drag up dirt....and the future of the country will be determined on someone who was found out to have (many years ago) have wee'd on a hedgehog whilst out camping with aunti meg and uncle bert...

know what i mean ?

Not seen the video but hearing a lot of Ben Wallaces name. When will we start to filter the runners a riders.

Not Suknacker.

I can't see the public taking to him in these financially tough times. With his wealth and his Mrs did her best not to pay tax.

I think we need a fresh face, not someone from the old guard who have history.

Edited by redial

What follows is a list of candidates and supporters which – given the multiplicity of candidates, the obscurity of the timetable, the variety of sources and the mutability of “the most sophisticated electorate in the world” – will be frequently updated and amended.

We name below as candidates all those known to us who have either declared that they intend to stand or have suggested that they may do so, either directly or indirectly.

The date against the names of supporters record when we made the entry on this blog – not when the MP in question made a statement.

Kemi Badenoch

Lee Rowley (9/7)
Tom Hunt (8/7)

Jake Berry

Suella Braverman

Julian Lewis (9/7)
John Hayes (9/7)
Steve Baker (8/7)
Henry Smith (8/7)
Robin Millar (8/7)
Jason McCartney (8/7)
Desmond Swayne (8/7)

Robert Buckland

Jeremy Hunt

Steve Brine (8/7)
Philip Dunne (8/7)
Andrew Mitchell (8/7)

Sajid Javid

Penny Mordaunt

Michael Fabricant (8/7)
Nicola Richards (8/7)
John Lamont (8/7).
Andrea Leadsom (8/7)

Grant Shapps

Robert Courts (8/7)

Rishi Sunak

Liam Fox (8/7)
Julie Marson (8/7)
Mel Stride (8/7)
Bob Neill (8/7)
Robert Jenrick (8/7)
Paul Maynard (8/7)
Kevin Hollinrake (8/7)
Clare Coutinho (8/7)
Mark Spencer (8/7)
Laura Trott (8/7)
John Glen (8/7)
Angela Richardson (8/7)
Jacob Young (8/7)
Mark Harper (8/7)
Oliver Dowden (8/7)

Liz Truss

Rob Butler (8/7)
Chloe Smith (8/7)
Julian Knight (8/7)
Jackie Doyle-Price (8/7)
Therese Coffey (8/7)
Dehenna Davison (8/7)
Kwasi Kwarteng (8/7)
Alec Shelbrooke (8/7)

Tom Tugendhat

Sir Robert Syms (8/7)
Aaron Bell (8/7)
Damian Green (8/7)
Stephen Hammond (8/7)
Robert Largan (8/7)
John Stevenson (8/7)

Ben Wallace

David Mundell (8/7)
Graham Stuart (8/7)

Nadhim Zahawi

Sara Britcliffe (8/7)
Jonathan Gullis (8/7)

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

4 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Would love to see Penny in the position as PM , a great speaker  , and can keep taking over the heckling 

https://youtu.be/S5eKIoAJbAw

This one is quite satisfying as well

If she wins the leadership election, then the Conservatives may get my vote back, they will not under Sunak.

And this one

Edited by Newbie to this

On 07/07/2022 at 17:22, oldypigeonpopper said:

Can anyone remember a prime minister who put our country in a better place, how many times have we heard, we are going to make our country great again!!!! I never see Great Britain head lines, 

Ermm. Yes. And I'll await the flak coming back. Margaret Thatcher in that she broke the power of the National Union if Mineworkers and other closed shop unions to hold the country to ransom. And got the Channel Tunnel done.

Unfortunately she also did a great deal of harm and destroyed Britain as a country that "made things" and privatised some nationalised companies that should have remained state owned.

I personally think her idea of a "poll tax" was a good idea just wrongly executed. Why should the old widow woman next door pay who had no kids and has no car pay the same tax as her neighbour with three kids all educated (at public expense) and with four cars parked on the street.

The problem with Thatcher was she didn't know when to stop or where to stop.

25 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Ermm. Yes. And I'll await the flak coming back. Margaret Thatcher in that she broke the power of the National Union if Mineworkers and other closed shop unions to hold the country to ransom. And got the Channel Tunnel done.

Unfortunately she also did a great deal of harm and destroyed Britain as a country that "made things" and privatised some nationalised companies that should have remained state owned.

I personally think her idea of a "poll tax" was a good idea just wrongly executed. Why should the old widow woman next door pay who had no kids and has no car pay the same tax as her neighbour with three kids all educated (at public expense) and with four cars parked on the street.

Hello, good post, trade unions can be benefit to workers but not to the extent of crippling the country at this present time, saying this some companies need to respect it's worker and not treat them like numbers , 0 contracts and easy to sack , but there's millions who don't have much say in their work place so just get on and do their best for their families

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Can't disagree with any of that :good:

Last time I was in a Conservative club, I got them to remove the picture of the not so conservative Cameron (PM at the time), and to replace it with the last truly conservative PM Thatcher. Which they did but I don't know if it lasted. She is still the last truly conservative PM we have had.

She was very controversial for some, but in my opinion history has proved her to be a good leader.

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

This one is quite satisfying as well

If she win the leadership election, then the Conservatives may get my vote back, they will not under Sunak.

And this one

All very good but balance this with her belief that a trans woman is a woman.

I think l was born much to early in time.

Lord Frost has made a statement in the Express in the last 24 hours which I cannot disagree with.

Lord Frost sets out his red lines for next Tory leader: 'No return to Cameron-Osborne'

This was the start of it.

Edited by Good shot?
Add on

Why is the focus on the candidate. Have wyou not learnt anything from Trump, Johnson or Corbyn?

What are they going to do that's different. Heal division, how? Pursue wealth and equality, how? Make Britain great (excuse me whilst I puke) how? 

Let's have some content. Ooops forgot. It's not upto the public who is in charge. 

25 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why is the focus on the candidate. Have wyou not learnt anything from Trump, Johnson or Corbyn?

What are they going to do that's different. Heal division, how? Pursue wealth and equality, how? Make Britain great (excuse me whilst I puke) how? 

Let's have some content. Ooops forgot. It's not upto the public who is in charge. 

That's right!  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, oowee said:

You suggested filtering out the candidates in your earlier post.

Lord Frost has made a statement in the Express in the last 24 hours which I cannot disagree with.

Lord Frost sets out his red lines for next Tory leader: 'No return to Cameron-Osborne'

I said earlier I agree with all of his requirements from a candidate.

That should shorten the odds.

I’m just hoping whoever gets the job of pm has a name that I can pronounce properly when I’ve had a few beers 🤭

try saying a few of these candidates names when your intoxicated it’s just got to end in disaster 🙄

11 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What follows is a list of candidates and supporters which – given the multiplicity of candidates, the obscurity of the timetable, the variety of sources and the mutability of “the most sophisticated electorate in the world” – will be frequently updated and amended.

We name below as candidates all those known to us who have either declared that they intend to stand or have suggested that they may do so, either directly or indirectly.

The date against the names of supporters record when we made the entry on this blog – not when the MP in question made a statement.

Kemi Badenoch

Lee Rowley (9/7)
Tom Hunt (8/7)

Jake Berry

Suella Braverman

Julian Lewis (9/7)
John Hayes (9/7)
Steve Baker (8/7)
Henry Smith (8/7)
Robin Millar (8/7)
Jason McCartney (8/7)
Desmond Swayne (8/7)

Robert Buckland

Jeremy Hunt

Steve Brine (8/7)
Philip Dunne (8/7)
Andrew Mitchell (8/7)

Sajid Javid

Penny Mordaunt

Michael Fabricant (8/7)
Nicola Richards (8/7)
John Lamont (8/7).
Andrea Leadsom (8/7)

Grant Shapps

Robert Courts (8/7)

Rishi Sunak

Liam Fox (8/7)
Julie Marson (8/7)
Mel Stride (8/7)
Bob Neill (8/7)
Robert Jenrick (8/7)
Paul Maynard (8/7)
Kevin Hollinrake (8/7)
Clare Coutinho (8/7)
Mark Spencer (8/7)
Laura Trott (8/7)
John Glen (8/7)
Angela Richardson (8/7)
Jacob Young (8/7)
Mark Harper (8/7)
Oliver Dowden (8/7)

Liz Truss

Rob Butler (8/7)
Chloe Smith (8/7)
Julian Knight (8/7)
Jackie Doyle-Price (8/7)
Therese Coffey (8/7)
Dehenna Davison (8/7)
Kwasi Kwarteng (8/7)
Alec Shelbrooke (8/7)

Tom Tugendhat

Sir Robert Syms (8/7)
Aaron Bell (8/7)
Damian Green (8/7)
Stephen Hammond (8/7)
Robert Largan (8/7)
John Stevenson (8/7)

Ben Wallace

David Mundell (8/7)
Graham Stuart (8/7)

Nadhim Zahawi

Sara Britcliffe (8/7)
Jonathan Gullis (8/7)

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

You suggested filtering out the candidates in your earlier post.

Lord Frost has made a statement in the Express in the last 24 hours which I cannot disagree with.

Lord Frost sets out his red lines for next Tory leader: 'No return to Cameron-Osborne'

I said earlier I agree with all of his requirements from a candidate.

That should shorten the odds.

I am happy to go on record to say Frosty is door handle. Hopefully he is on the fringe sufficiently not to count.