Building a private dove field and pond

NoBodyImportant

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back up to the land and wanted to take a break from clearing trees.  So started a small pond to breed bait fish.   Last time a bought some they had went up to $4 a dozen so I’m going to breed my own. Plus this little pond is a clear shot from the deer blind.  IT will be roughly 100ft by 100ft and about 12ft deep so the bait fish will have enough dept to survive the winter. 925BCD5C-002B-4B79-BBA0-39C8CF0EB027.jpeg.de1960106215aefb808b0a86ac3675df.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Looking good 

how are you finding your new mini digger 

did you make the right choice or with hindsight would you have bought different 

also if you don’t mind me asking 

do you need and planning permission or have to comply with any regulations 

can’t see us being allowed to do a project like this without some bunny huggers saying we were needing a environmental impact report and planning permission 🤔

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Looking good 

can’t see us being allowed to do a project like this without some bunny huggers saying we were needing a environmental impact report and planning permission 🤔

I think the mini ex is awesome. It does everything I ask it to do.  I kinda wish it was bigger but this is the biggest I can go without needing a Commercial license  to pull around town on a trailer. As far as permits I don’t need one because it’s for agriculture and I didn’t dam a creek. I dug a hole and piped the water down hill to it.   The state will put ponds in for free but the waiting list is years. As far as structures I can build water I want without permits or to building code long as it is not used for a permanent resident or for commercial gain. Lots of homes are sold as “vacation home”  meaning it’s not permitted for permanent residence.  One neighbor lives in a shed/camper combo he built. But North Carolina pretty much  don’t care what you do on your own property.  It’s the individual townships that set rules and I’m not in a town. 

1 minute ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I think the mini ex is awesome. It does everything I ask it to do.  I kinda wish it was bigger but this is the biggest I can go without needing a Commercial license  to pull around town on a trailer. As far as permits I don’t need one because it’s for agriculture and I didn’t dam a creek. I dug a hole and piped the water down hill to it.   The state will put ponds in for free but the waiting list is years. As far as structures I can build water I want without permits or to building code long as it is not used for a permanent resident or for commercial gain. Lots of homes are sold as “vacation home”  meaning it’s not permitted for permanent residence.  One neighbor lives in a shed/camper combo he built. But North Carolina pretty much  don’t care what you do on your own property.  It’s the individual townships that set rules and I’m not in a town. 

are you going to line the pond with bentonite or clay ?

5 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Looking good 

Yet they reintroduce Beavers that build dams which in-turn floods meadows/fields, which drowns everything, if you want to build a flight pond get yourself a Beaver not a digger. :)

• 1 month later...