Is it April fools Day ???? !!!!!!!

oldypigeonpopper

22 minutes ago, yates said:

As I understand it the expert meant toilet water after it been treated?

Hello, good point but how are they going to treat toilet water to the extent of it becoming pure drinking water, it is not a simple process and would be very expensive , but seems better than to let in flow into rivers and sea estuaries , by this I mean after all the solids from sewers have been taken out they let the dirty water go in nearly every sewage plant after heavy rain, to stop this and put through another cleaning process for pure drinking water maybe the EA expert will drink some first,Β 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

40 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, good point but how are they going to treat toilet water to the extent of it becoming pure drinking water, it is not a simple process and would be very expensive , but seems better than to let in flow into rivers and sea estuaries , by this I mean after all the solids from sewers have been taken out they let the dirty water go in nearly every sewage plant after heavy rain, to stop this and put through another cleaning process for pure drinking water maybe the EA expert will drink some first,Β 

I’m not sure of the exact process. We’re just short of an unbelievable water crisis. Some of this I believe an attempt to divert our attention from the utter shambles our water companies mismanagement of the industry. Millions of gallons lost through leaking pipes and raw sewage being pumped into our rivers and sea.

1 hour ago, RyanMc said:

Treated water already goes straight back to our waterways, but as above it only works if managed correctly which in many cases is not for a variety of reasons, greed being one of them in terms of bonuses, fat-cat pay etc.

Hello, I don't think any of the water fat cats have ever been to a sewage plant πŸ€”

1 hour ago, RyanMc said:

Treated water already goes straight back to our waterways, but as above it only works if managed correctly which in many cases is not for a variety of reasons, greed being one of them in terms of bonuses, fat-cat pay etc.

Hello, yes but depends how well the treated water is compared to the foul water they discharge after heavy rain as it not the same , it would be good if it was clean water ,Β 

1 hour ago, yates said:

I’m not sure of the exact process. We’re just short of an unbelievable water crisis. Some of this I believe an attempt to divert our attention from the utter shambles our water companies mismanagement of the industry. Millions of gallons lost through leaking pipes and raw sewage being pumped into our rivers and sea.

According to a sky news paper reviewer last night it's billion of gallons , London and TWA region loose the most,Β 

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I don't think any of the water fat cats have ever been to a sewage plant πŸ€”

Hello, yes but depends how well the treated water is compared to the foul water they discharge after heavy rain as it not the same , it would be good if it was clean water ,Β 

Treated water currently returned to rivers is not clean, containing hormones, drugs, heavy metals and "forever chemicals".

To further treat this to remove the above to safe to drink would be outrageously expensive.

It is a con.....

4 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Treated water currently returned to rivers is not clean, containing hormones, drugs, heavy metals and "forever chemicals".

To further treat this to remove the above to safe to drink would be outrageously expensive.

It is a con.....

Hello, I agree,Β 

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

It is a con.....

True.

Water quality results - Northern Ireland Water (niwater.com)Β - went looking at hte PDF, a lot of padding and a few numbers. make head or tale of what you wish. but the chemicals etc. are definitely a concern.

Β 

2 hours ago, Stonepark said:

It is a con.....

This has been true for decades, raised years ago about the estrogen affecting the fish, that was just one of many chemicals that is difficult to remove from the waste water.Β 

16 hours ago, Dougy said:

This has been true for decades, raised years ago about the estrogen affecting the fish, that was just one of many chemicals that is difficult to remove from the waste water.Β 

Could be a winner, saves tha NHS prescribing it to us old guys?

16 hours ago, Dougy said:

Not only fish. Look at how human male fertility has fallen over the last 40 years; we're drinking it too.