what does the future hold

bostonmick

Non .that are safe or work well .

So in the absence  of a suitable  replacement  for lead , we are left with lead as the only viable option as airgun ammunition  .

Either that or just ban airguns completely ,as it adds up to the same thing .

Ps I 've got around 50k pellets in stock should keep me going for a while. 

Edited by Ultrastu

11 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

So in the absence  of a suitable  replacement  for lead , we are left with lead as the only viable option as airgun ammunition  .

I think that's the way to go really, and you won't be the only one doing so. 

Hello, many  I see on the UK AGF are stocking up like ultrastu, I will most likely  use around a tin full this winter ratting, I found a cheaper pellet that goes well in my FX , spitfire domed, although a few distorted but will still get 450 from 500 for £10, most JSB s are out of stock, there are lead free pellets but from what I read, expensive and don't suite most air rifle barrels, if lead is banned i think most shooters will carry on using their large stock , if the spitfires go well I will get a few more tins, I cannot see pellet manufactures give up lead for many many years

Hi l use a ( sub 12) air rifle. I have used the non lead pellets BSA green star in  .177  l found them accurate and very flat trajectory. I’ve used them for woodpigeon and rabbits and I found them good enough they seem to hit with more of a smack. I found the pellets caused more bleeding the same as steel shotgun pellets. I always test any new pellets on fresh shot pigeons to see the damage before using them on live quarry. Two years ago I tried hades pellets in my BSA ultra and they wasn’t accurate a few months ago I bought a gamo gx 40 the hades pellets were very accurate. I think the very lightweight non lead pellets will be better for 12ft lb air rifle, a heavier pellet would be needed for a higher power air gun. When I zero my air gun before I use it I fire at used cartridge cases I show a picture of one I shot with a hades pellet. I don’t think I could do that again.

image.jpg

On 02/09/2022 at 22:05, Ultrastu said:

I thought I was doing well with 20k in my cupboard! ☺️

10 hours ago, Mice! said:

Do you really think it would be enforced?

No chance, they'll just stop selling them. 

Kev, unfortunately I think the banning of lead shot and pellets will just be another legal condition to be included in our leases.

You can also bet your bottom dollar that the major landowner that you hopefully will be doing field trials for, will insist on a lead ban.

(They probably haven’t heard about it  yet- so don’t tell them!)

3 hours ago, Sciurus said:

Kev, unfortunately I think the banning of lead shot and pellets will just be another legal condition to be included in our leases.

You can also bet your bottom dollar that the major landowner that you hopefully will be doing field trials for, will insist on a lead ban.

(They probably haven’t heard about it  yet- so don’t tell them!)

Don't tell them your name Pike 😳