FAC has arrived and now own used CZ452 22

smokingdragon

38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, never had that with my 455 fitted with a SAK silencer also what's this about gas in the mod ? , Is that just the first shot of many or first one from magazine, my 455 is just as quite as a PCP, RWS subs

I would give the rifle a good clean, including barrel and silencer , and try a new box of subs, I did find Eley subs give a bit more crack sound 

4 hours ago, smokingdragon said:

morning guys

FAC finally arrived Friday and I've bought a used CZ452 with scope and mod.

Is it normal for a the first round to be louder than the subsequent shots? My son reckons it's because the mod fills wiith gas and this helps, but that would mean the first shot is always loud?

cheers

You are correct over the years using my CZ 22 I myself have noticed the first shot using Winchester 22 subs being a bit louder sounds more echoing if that makes sense I have a sak mod on mine but the rifle shoots fine and stays on zero Don’t think it’s nothing to worry about 👍

In my CZ452 .22LR I've found Winchester Subs to give a seriously noticeable crack, so no longer use them.... One shot and the remaining bunnies leg it!!.

I use Eley Subs and they're very quiet and accurate.

Have a play with a few different brands until you find the one that suits your gun the best.

1 hour ago, Schmitty said:

In my CZ452 .22LR I've found Winchester Subs to give a seriously noticeable crack, so no longer use them.... One shot and the remaining bunnies leg it!!.

I use Eley Subs and they're very quiet and accurate.

Have a play with a few different brands until you find the one that suits your gun the best.

Agreed, slightly less hitting power, no surprise cracks and a lot more consistent.

I have a 452 and a Parker Hale silencer and use winny subs and its whisper quiet.  The only trouble i've had with

winnies is that sometimes the spent cases have not ejected.  I've put new claws and spring in and cleaned chamber

and all is ok now. But i'm running low on ammo so might try something else for a change. 50 Eley and 50 CCI.

and see how i get on.

8 hours ago, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

Never had that only on a first shot, the odd one or 2 out of a box now & then. My thoughts are the mod isn't very good & sounds loud 1st shot then your brain goes into auto pilot & ignores following shots

There were 2 of us shooting and the first shot was definetely louder. When it stops raining I'll give it another go. 

3 hours ago, smokingdragon said:

There were 2 of us shooting and the first shot was definetely louder. When it stops raining I'll give it another go. 

Remmingtons had a high % of hyper rounds. Other possible is your ammo is also inconsistent through the box. If your noisy rounds are also flyers I'd blame it on inconsistency & your first out of the box is **** law finding bad ones first. 

1 hour ago, smokingdragon said:

Went out last evening until rain stopped play! Defintely the winchester subs at fault! First shot air rifle quiet, shot about 20 rounds and the last one was much quieter and dropped on the target. I'm staying clear of Winchesters from now on!

I have the same rifle and found Eley subs the best round for my CZ