An invite from my mate

maxwell

My friend kindly asked if my son and myself would like a day on the pigeons on one of his permissions, we arrived and watched the field, discussed the plan to keep the birds moving and set up accordingly, I left the decoying birds for our Thomas taking the passing or higher birds myself, we finished with 62 on the clicker, a few to pick after the picture, I am really enjoying watching my son shoot, his enthusiasm is great.

0BBB09CB-AC9E-4AB6-AF83-ABDCA0EB1DA1.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

Sounds like you both had a good day! I can’t  wait to take my daughter out with me, she already loves coming out on peg with me….or more to the point sneaking off with the beaters for the day 

It’s a pleasure seeing the kids coming through and taking an interest in country sports 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well done, yes it is great to watch your offspring enjoy themselves.  :good:

It certainly is Dave, thank you.

He is already asking if we are shooting this weekend.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Brilliant! Son has no interest nowadays, nor my daughter. Nephew is the only one I took out regularly as small children to still be involved, and it’s a huge part of his life! 

Do you still get to shoot with him Scully?

1 hour ago, Lsto said:

Nice, I hope to get my boy into it when he is old enough, he has been out fishing alot with me this summer, also it will be an excuse to get out more as the nights creep in. Well done 👍

Both my lads also like to fish 

13 minutes ago, maxwell said:

It certainly is Dave, thank you.

He is already asking if we are shooting this weekend.

Do you still get to shoot with him Scully?

Now and again. He and his mates ( most of whom I used to take beating, ferreting and shooting along with my own when kids ) have their own syndicate, which clashes dates with mine, but we sometimes beat together on BIG shoot. Bump into him at clay grounds quite often. 
He blames me for getting him into something very expensive he is compelled to spend his hard earned money on! He was married in August, but it hasn’t slowed him down; he has a great work ethic and is self employed, earning good money, so plenty to go round. We’ll see what parenthood brings! 🙂

10 hours ago, Scully said:

Now and again. He and his mates ( most of whom I used to take beating, ferreting and shooting along with my own when kids ) have their own syndicate, which clashes dates with mine, but we sometimes beat together on BIG shoot. Bump into him at clay grounds quite often. 
He blames me for getting him into something very expensive he is compelled to spend his hard earned money on! He was married in August, but it hasn’t slowed him down; he has a great work ethic and is self employed, earning good money, so plenty to go round. We’ll see what parenthood brings! 🙂

Good to hear you helped and introduced him to this fantastic sport of ours, well done.

On 04/10/2022 at 16:36, maxwell said:

My friend kindly asked if my son and myself would like a day on the pigeons on one of his permissions, we arrived and watched the field, discussed the plan to keep the birds moving and set up accordingly, I left the decoying birds for our Thomas taking the passing or higher birds myself, we finished with 62 on the clicker, a few to pick after the picture, I am really enjoying watching my son shoot, his enthusiasm is great.

Be careful with this as you did not have permission from the land owner your mate did, the way I understand things there is potential for you being charged with armed trespass. If either of you are with BASC it would be worth checking this out before you are tempted to do things like this in the future.

Edited by sportsbob

On 14/10/2022 at 15:46, sportsbob said:

Be careful with this as you did not have permission from the land owner your mate did, the way I understand things there is potential for you being charged with armed trespass. If either of you are with BASC it would be worth checking this out before you are tempted to do things like this in the future.

Never had the above situation as a problem , if whoever I invite is under my supervision then it is fine with the land owner , if that person ever went without me knowing then it is a totally different ball game , and not only will he never come with me again he could well be charged with armed trespass .

This have never happened in the past and with the people I invite it is never likely to happen , 100% certain .

On 15/10/2022 at 17:36, marsh man said:

Never had the above situation as a problem , if whoever I invite is under my supervision then it is fine with the land owner , if that person ever went without me knowing then it is a totally different ball game , and not only will he never come with me again he could well be charged with armed trespass .

This have never happened in the past and with the people I invite it is never likely to happen , 100% certain .

Its fine if you have land owners consent to take someone else but many other shooters don't hence the heads up.

53 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

Its fine if you have land owners consent to take someone else but many other shooters don't hence the heads up.

I have shot on this farm for several years, my friend who’s permission it is always clears it with the farmer prior to shooting.

On 08/10/2022 at 22:49, pigeon controller said:

Well done, a day you will both remember.

Thank you PC