China emboldened attacks on UK soil.

oowee

38 minutes ago, oowee said:

We must start to introduce sanctions against China this is going to get a lot worse. Russia is a lesson that we need to learn. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63280519

Absolutely, why the western world continues to buy from them is beyond me.

In fact, the globalist model simply does not work, its allowed the rich to get richer, while the working masses has had to put up with mass uncontrollable immigration, serious suppression of wages, degradation of all public services, ever more restrictive laws in an attempt to prevent the new conflicts that have arisen from imported criminality, giant company's and its owners able to dodge paying tax, the killing off of domestic buisness and destruction of the environment. 

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely, why the western world continues to buy from them is beyond me

Because its cheap, and profit can be made. 

8 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

In fact, the globalist model simply does not work

But read the rest of your post, and see that it does work.. If you're a globalist elite. 

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

its allowed the rich to get richer, while the working masses has had to put up with mass uncontrollable immigration, serious suppression of wages..... 

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely, why the western world continues to buy from them is beyond me.

In fact, the globalist model simply does not work, its allowed the rich to get richer, while the working masses has had to put up with mass uncontrollable immigration, serious suppression of wages, degradation of all public services, ever more restrictive laws in an attempt to prevent the new conflicts that have arisen from imported criminality, giant company's and its owners able to dodge paying tax, the killing off of domestic buisness and destruction of the environment. 

That model of exploitation made us rich it's just now that we know better. I see the post from @Stimo22above and I cringe. I try to avoid chinese stuff where I can but it's near impossible. Things like cars we can take a stand. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

That model of exploitation made us rich it's just now that we know better. I see the post from @Stimo22above and I cringe. I try to avoid chinese stuff where I can but it's near impossible. Things like cars we can take a stand. 

Correction, the empire and industrial revolution made some in this country rich and globalisation continues to keep the privaliged few rich. Its done very little for the average person other than destroy the quality of life. 

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Because its cheap, and profit can be made. 

But read the rest of your post, and see that it does work.. If you're a globalist elite. 

Agreed 

55 minutes ago, Stimo22 said:

Totally agree, BMW are going to build the electric mini in China . After all there problems with Russia you would think the penny would drop

This is a win for them surely?  Their supply chain is mostly located there, especially for EVs.  It's also a huge market.  Shipping being what it is ATM, seems like a sensible move to me.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We must start to introduce sanctions against China this is going to get a lot worse. Russia is a lesson that we need to learn. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63280519

How do we sanction the country that provides practically everything we buy?

Imagine if China were sanctioned and responded by saying they would not trade with the UK,  it would be absolute madness. 

For as long as I've been working we have lost production lines and entire factories to cheap labour in China, Brazil and India

But BMW moving production to China is massive and not something I would have expected. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

How do we sanction the country that provides practically everything we buy?

Imagine if China were sanctioned and responded by saying they would not trade with the UK,  it would be absolute madness. 

For as long as I've been working we have lost production lines and entire factories to cheap labour in China, Brazil and India

But BMW moving production to China is massive and not something I would have expected. 

Lets start by identifying all companies that use Uyghurs or child labour and bar them from trading with the UK. Ramp up the requirements for ESG reporting for UK business and increase transparency.

Imperfect but it's a start and i am sure with some thinking there are lots of options.

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Lets start by identifying all companies that use Uyghurs or child labour and bar them from trading with the UK. Ramp up the requirements for ESG reporting for UK business and increase transparency.

Imperfect but it's a start and i am sure with some thinking there are lots of options.

That would be nice, but like you said above,  trying to avoid items made in China is near on impossible. 

43 minutes ago, oowee said:

This

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Lets start by identifying all companies that use Uyghurs or child labour and bar them from trading with the UK.

Cant see that working for many reasons .
1. How can you be sure that 'slave' labour is the actual source of the product , the Chinese are very good at hiding supply train origins.?
2. Are you actually helping the 'slaves' by removing their employment ? What might happen to them if they become 'useless' ?
3. Western companies , big corps with a lot of political clout, arent going to let this happen, their huge profits count on cheap labour out of China, and yes thats you Apple.
Are we really going to ditch our iphones , Pads and Macs, because we have grown a bit a moral fibre, I highly doubt it.

Won’t be easy without every nation on board.
China and Chinese companies own vast swathes of land in Australia and N. Zealand I think, and much of the latter fishing catch is bought by the Chinese. 
Im not sure about the rest of Italy, but in Venice many restaurants are Italian run but Chinese owned, and the same goes for the majority of leather goods retailers. 
It’s not easy to boycott a company on which you depend for your living. 

Edited by Scully

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

Won’t be easy without every nation on board.
China and Chinese companies own vast swathes of land in Australia and N. Zealand I think, and much of the latter fishing catch is bought by the Chinese. 
Im not sure about the rest of Italy, but in Venice many restaurants are Italian run but Chinese owned, and the same goes for the majority of leather goods retailers. 
It’s not easy to boycott a company on which you depend for your living. 

Exactly, plus they are building and owning huge infrastructure projects in S.America and Africa.

I cant speak for other cities in the UK , but Chinese students in Nottingham number in the tens of thousands too.
China has massive leverage in all aspects of western economy, and as @Houseplantsays , if China wants to flex, theres little we can do about it, it may well be a case of them sanctioning us in the end.

5 hours ago, Stimo22 said:

Totally agree, BMW are going to build the electric mini in China . After all there problems with Russia you would think the penny would drop

I worked at Rolls Royce Motors on the Phantom launch 2017 and as it is BMW owned they told me they were trialing the building of minis in Helmond at DAFs old  factory near Eindhoven in Holland as a safety net plan for when UK fully left the EU. Quandt (the BMW main owners don't care) btw Magda Goebbels was part of the Quandts before she hooked up with that master of propaganda.