Boar

Rim Fire

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Had a call last week the Boar had been back on fields so went up done a bit of feeding went Monday night rained all night got soaked went back last night and they turned up got some video of fallow bucks calling but keep saying file to big 

20221026_213853.jpg

Very well done 👍 been a lot of years since i shot one of those in the UK 😞

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

will you be eating some of it ?....looks as if it has been feeding well.....sausages ??

Yes it will be split into three the land owner myself and my mate in the pic as for sausages to much hassle by the time you get the crumb skins and additive  

1 minute ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Very well done 👍 been a lot of years since i shot one of those in the UK 😞

They are starting to get about the country now 

Brilliant result.  The loins should be delicious..............hmmmmmmmm home made apple sauce ?????  now do I have sufficient apples??????????????

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

Nice one. Be interesting to see how long they take to return. 

If the food is there then 48hrs and they could be back.   It's a bit different out in Texas but under the auto deer feeders was a good place and you could shoot them two or three times before they became very wary.  The good eating youngsters would always come in.  You could see large shadowy creatures lurling in the background and a thermal scope would have been mustard back then.    The feeders had red lights underneath on all night run on solar panels.

Edited by Walker570

21 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Brilliant result.  The loins should be delicious..............hmmmmmmmm home made apple sauce ?????  now do I have sufficient apples??????????????

If the food is there then 48hrs and they could be back.   It's a bit different out in Texas but under the auto deer feeders was a good place and you could shoot them two or three times before they became very wary.  The good eating youngsters would always come in.  You could see large shadowy creatures lurling in the background and a thermal scope would have been mustard back then.    The feeders had red lights underneath on all night run on solar panels.

Here they are turning around in weeks rather than days. The range is great. Maybe it will change now the fields are bare.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Nice one. Be interesting to see how long they take to return. 

To be honest i hope they don't come back for some time the field is more like a giant lawn and has got to be put back right  and  the owner said  i can have the Fallow off there as well for doing it 

52 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Plus the time to remove the Hair would take rather a long time and be a PITA

This what Dougy said i will put up a pic when skinned 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Nice job. :good:

How is the Fishing Walshie you must have some good Bass this year loads about 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Watched a few videos from Texas they have a big problem with them there

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Had a call last week the Boar had been back on fields so went up done a bit of feeding went Monday night rained all night got soaked went back last night and they turned up got some video of fallow bucks calling but keep saying file to big 

20221026_213853.jpg

Excellent. I wish they were down my 'neck of the woods'. I'd love a crack at them.

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

20221026_213853.jpg

you say “went back last night and they turned up” did you see more than one?

11 hours ago, old'un said:

Blimey, good job you did not shoot two, there enough there for a banquette.

😂 Believe me she took some doing it's the skinning that is the hard bit with a Deer you can peel the skin off

With Boar you gotta knife all of it off the slicing and dicing is the easier part especially as we head soot so no blood meat to keep cutting out  

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

😂 Believe me she took some doing it's the skinning that is the hard bit with a Deer you can peel the skin off

With Boar you gotta knife all of it off the slicing and dicing is the easier part especially as we head soot so no blood meat to keep cutting out  

I bet.

On the full carcase you can see the amount of knife cuts its taken to remove the skin from the fat.

So is there any more precessing i.e. sausages, curing for bacon, etc. ?

There's someone on here into that type of stuff , Jonty...https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/420211-curing-stuff/#comment-3897497

58 minutes ago, old'un said:

I bet.

On the full carcase you can see the amount of knife cuts its taken to remove the skin from the fat.

So is there any more precessing i.e. sausages, curing for bacon, etc. ?

There's someone on here into that type of stuff , Jonty...https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/420211-curing-stuff/#comment-3897497

Wild boar dont have the belly fat to do bacon as for sausages we head shoot so no waste which is what sausages is made out of

Edited by Rim Fire