Bank Interest Rise , How Will It Affect You ?

marsh man

4 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Client with a property in France 

just got a French passport for his dog 60 euros from the French vet practice 

travels dog out on one back on the other say’s it saves him a fortune in time and money 

seems Crazy to me but it works for him 

Sounds great. For me I would need to leave boat in France travel back to UK on Ferry with dog. Leave dog in UK travel back to France on the ferry. Pick up boat and sail back to UK. Collect dog. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Sounds great. For me I would need to leave boat in France travel back to UK on Ferry with dog. Leave dog in UK travel back to France on the ferry. Pick up boat and sail back to UK. Collect dog. 

If that’s not a solid gold reason to vote remain and commit the UK to Eu rule then I just don’t know what is 😆

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Or moor your boat in the med and travel down to it I believe Palma is nice 🙄or montecarlo 

It’s a dog 

get it in kennels or ask a mate to look after it 

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

What do you do with the chicken and the bag of corn ???!!! 🤔😀

43 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Or moor your boat in the med and travel down to it I believe Palma is nice 🙄or montecarlo 

It’s a dog 

get it in kennels or ask a mate to look after it 

I could but only for 90 days and it would take me 30 days to get there. Then there is the VAT issue on the boat where vat is payable if we keep the boat in the EU. 

Dogs do not do well in kennels for months and mates that want dogs will have their own. 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

If that’s not a solid gold reason to vote remain and commit the UK to Eu rule then I just don’t know what is 😆

None of this stuff is an issue for most. The ever creeping cancer of economic decline and isolation won't be a problem too for those that look only at little Britain. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

I could but only for 90 days and it would take me 30 days to get there. Then there is the VAT issue on the boat where vat is payable if we keep the boat in the EU. 

Dogs do not do well in kennels for months and mates that want dogs will have their own. 

None of this stuff is an issue for most. The ever creeping cancer of economic decline and isolation won't be a problem too for those that look only at little Britain. 

So the economic downturn is hammering you only 90 days  And your not wanting to pay tax 

my heart goes out to you 🤔

11 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Seems it’s all about you and not all about us 

your more worried about your holiday sailing and dog than the bigger picture 

the biggest picture is the nation voted for out and most are happy with the outcome 

I think you maybe need to read a few more posts. 

ps. I don't believe most are happy being poorer. I don't believe that there is a single benefit of Brexit unless you tell me that just being able to come out was a relief on it's own. If so I completely accept your right to self expression. 

8 hours ago, oowee said:

ps. I don't believe most are happy being poorer. I don't believe that there is a single benefit of Brexit unless you tell me that just being able to come out was a relief on it's own. If so I completely accept your right to self expression. 

The Brexit will make you poorer line is interesting because there is truth to that assertion but….

1. Measured / compared to what (and adopting what baseline) and

2. over what period of time?

We are seeing the economic baseline trashed because of covid and making comparisons pointless : ‘oh look brexit will make you one billion pounds poorer, but oh look, covid has just made you a trillion pounds poorer and we have inflation running at North of 10%’

Then we have the ‘comparator’ of Europe, and which collectively is far deeper into the toilet than us. I remember not that long ago being directed to the economic wonders of Germany and then came along Ukraine.

Oh and I was also directed to the better economic productivity of Ireland - anyone seen the news recently about all the Irish economic issues coming to a head? Again, in the same ‘toilet’.

And this brings me onto the time line. Right here and now, everything is in the toilet and everywhere but nothing stays the same.

The remainers really do need to let Brexit go. That ship has long sailed and in the meantime we’ve had two Titanics in covid and Ukraine.

Why aren’t people getting as angry about the economic catastrophe that was covid as they have done about Brexit? Answer me that…

Why aren’t people getting as angry about the economic catastrophe that was covid as they have done about Brexit? Answer me that…

One of the big things that Brexit supporters were saying was "I don't care, we just have to leave." That is something to be angry about.

With covid we can only be angry about the way it was handled we can't be angry with a virus. 

The common factor between the two is the Tories.

^^^This, it is the root cause of the majority of our economic woes, indeed the Worlds economic woes, printing money and shutting the World down, for a flu-like virus.

We now have the person mostly responsible for our woes, running the country (after losing the vote), and him and his chancellor now looking to put taxes up to pay for his mistakes. Beggars belief.

Edited by Newbie to this

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

This, it is the root cause of the majority of our economic woes, indeed the Worlds economic woes, printing money and shutting the World down, for a flu-like virus.

We now have the person mostly responsible for our woes, running the country (after losing the vote), and him and his chancellor now looking to put taxes up to pay for his mistakes. Beggars belief.

Nail/Head.

What blows my tiny mind is that the people* who are still angry about Brexit**, are the same people who say, with a straight face, that Sunak is 'credible' or that they'll give him a chance.  At the same time detesting Boris.

The cognitive dissonance is off the scale.

No Boris without Sunak, and vice versa.  He was Boris' no 2.  You can't detest Boris and his Brexit, or even his covid policy, and then welcome Sunak.

*Both on here, in the media, and in real life

**the concept, not its ****-poor implementation

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

And this brings me onto the time line. Right here and now, everything is in the toilet and everywhere but nothing stays the same.

But is it? I went out to meet a mate last night so arranged to meet at a pub between us, very borded up and closed, it probably closed during covid, quick msg letting him know and met at another place further up the road, now this is the Lakes but a meal(one) and 2 pints was £31.50 😳😳 that seemed very dear to me, on a wet Wednesday night in November, but the place was busy, its also a hotel and spar so people are spending money.

6 hours ago, Mungler said:

The Brexit will make you poorer line is interesting because there is truth to that assertion but….

We are seeing the economic baseline trashed because of covid and making comparisons pointless : ‘oh look brexit will make you one billion pounds poorer, but oh look, covid has just made you a trillion pounds poorer and we have inflation running at North of 10%’

Then we have the ‘comparator’ of Europe, and which collectively is far deeper into the toilet than us. I remember not that long ago being directed to the economic wonders of Germany and then came along Ukraine.

Oh and I was also directed to the better economic productivity of Ireland - anyone seen the news recently about all the Irish economic issues coming to a head? Again, in the same ‘toilet’.

The remainers really do need to let Brexit go. That ship has long sailed and in the meantime we’ve had two Titanics in covid and Ukraine.

Because according to the OBR the impact of Brexit is twice that of Covid and was voluntary. You can argue all you want with the data but the OBR is there for that very purpose. 

I can see why those in favour of Brexit want to forget all about their part in the process of supporting the decline of the UK. Unfortunately all of the points raise in objection to Brexit remain and continue to hamper trade and growth. 

5 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

^^^This, it is the root cause of the majority of our economic woes, indeed the Worlds economic woes, printing money and shutting the World down, for a flu-like virus.

As above. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because according to the OBR the impact of Brexit is twice that of Covid and was voluntary. You can argue all you want with the data but the OBR is there for that very purpose. 

I can see why those in favour of Brexit want to forget all about their part in the process of supporting the decline of the UK. Unfortunately all of the points raise in objection to Brexit remain and continue to hamper trade and growth. 

As above. 

How many times, brexit has not been embraced by the political elite. You can try and say I told you so from your high horse as much as you like, the fact remains, our political elite want back in, they never wanted out. Do you not remember them trying to overturn the vote. 

The OBR were if I recall also agaist leaving.

Brexit was always going to be a challenge and was always going to take time to bear fruit. But to say Brexit was worse than the covid debacle is laughable.

The whole World shutdown, and still hasn’t restarted fully, if it ever will, what with impending doom always just around the corner.

I do find it funny how brexit causes the same problems worldwide.......

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

How many times, brexit has not been embraced by the political elite. You can try and say I told you so from your high horse as much as you like, the fact remains, our political elite want back in, they never wanted out. Do you not remember them trying to overturn the vote. 

The OBR were if I recall also agaist leaving.

Brexit was always going to be a challenge and was always going to take time to bear fruit. But to say Brexit was worse than the covid debacle is laughable.

The whole World shutdown, and still hasn’t restarted fully, if it ever will, what with impending doom always just around the corner.

I do find it funny how brexit causes the same problems worldwide.......

OK, so we need to clear up a few things; 

1 - Who are "our political elite"?

2 - If the OBR are there to provide independent fiscal forecasts and advice to the government are you saying that they are not independent?

20 minutes ago, henry d said:

OK, so we need to clear up a few things; 

2 - If the OBR are there to provide independent fiscal forecasts and advice to the government are you saying that they are not independent?

This isn't really worthy of a reponse, but here goes.

1 - our politicians, you know the ones that sit in both houses and govern (I use the word loosely) us. The ones that tried their hardest to overturn the referendum, and have to a fashion succeeded. The ones that know what we want, better than ourselves.

2 - yes, I am saying that even the OBR has an agenda.

9 hours ago, Mungler said:

Very well put.
I will add in there that this whole manufactured fuel crisis, which is not an issue of supply , but simply a manipulation of global prices.

8 hours ago, henry d said:

One of the big things that Brexit supporters were saying was "I don't care, we just have to leave." That is something to be angry about.

Something Im very happy about.
Where is this cliff edge ?
Where is this recession that will bury the UK ? Its actually the EU suffering more than us.

Yes its a mess , but its that way because the government is battling against a remainer civil service, who say things like this .....

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Covid cost half a trillion quid , how much has Brexit cost ?
NOTHING like that all , their projections were completely wrong, who was it said that Brexit would cost each household  £16K a year ?

6 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

The cognitive dissonance is off the scale.

:good:

28 minutes ago, henry d said:

Does that really need to be answered ? 

Or this ? Independent ?

29 minutes ago, henry d said:

19 hours ago, oowee said:

Get a grip, seriously Brexit hasn't caused any of that 😂

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

1 - our politicians, you know the ones that sit in both houses and govern (I use the word loosely) us. The ones that tried their hardest to overturn the referendum, and have to a fashion succeeded. The ones that know what we want, better than ourselves.

Yup thought so...

Screenshot_20221005-170710_Chrome.jpg.37314443814fcb2c9e8864fdba5b5ff1.jpg

8 hours ago, henry d said:

With covid we can only be angry about the way it was handled we can't be angry with a virus. 

The common factor between the two is the Tories.

I am very happy that we left even if it has caused the damage you claim (which it hasn't), the ability for this country to rule itself is more important than some lofty growth figures that affect high flying investment bankers far more than the average man on the street. 

16 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Spot on, but your trying to explain how to send an email to a goat, he'll never get it. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Get a grip, seriously Brexit hasn't caused any of that 😂

? Its directly as a result of Brexit. British boats stuck in europe as they can't be brought back without paying vat. The 90 in 180 day rule is also a direct result of Brexit. Fortunately I can by residence in Turkey.