Bad Customer Service - its just this country

discobob

DPD sent an email to my wife, with a photo of the parcel and a front door, saying that they had delivered said parcel to us.

Problem was that the photo wasn't our front door.

My wife spent a few hours wandering the local streets until she found the photographed front door, several streets away. It wasn't even our house number. The householder said, "Oh, I hadn't realised that it wasn't mine".

On 20/12/2022 at 11:29, Newbie to this said:

I've found almost every company's customer service, to be next to non-existent since Covid. With Currys being the worst.

Without adding insult to injury anybody who buys anything from Currys aka PC World fka Dixons needs their head read.

Edited by enfieldspares

10 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Without adding insult to injury anybody who buys anything from Currys aka PC World fka Dixons needs their head read.

It's nice if you have options, some of us don't.  Wife bought a tablet on line and had problems with it from the off. The call center tried to get it sorted and did everything they could to avoid it being returned, got very frustrated with it. If she'd got it from Curry's we could have just walked into the shop and said fix it, replace it or refund it.

All my information from work is going digital next year. Plans, lists and renders will only be available on line so I'll be looking for a decent tablet, guess where I'll be looking?

I have bought a number of things from Curry's over the years, phone, tablet, laptop, fridge/freezer, computer bits and no doubt others.  I've never had any problems.  I have (maybe) been lucky in that only one (a separate hard drive) gave me any trouble - and that was replaced at once with no issues.

Their 'reserve on line and collect in store' works well, there are easy access free car parks at all three locations I have used, the web site works reliably, so absolutely no complaints.

35 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have bought a number of things from Curry's over the years, phone, tablet, laptop, fridge/freezer, computer bits and no doubt others.  I've never had any problems.  I have (maybe) been lucky in that only one (a separate hard drive) gave me any trouble - and that was replaced at once with no issues.

Their 'reserve on line and collect in store' works well, there are easy access free car parks at all three locations I have used, the web site works reliably, so absolutely no complaints.

We must be the odd ones out John by going what other members think of the service from Curry's , all our electrical items have ended up coming from Curry's , this is after searching for the best price from other retailers , our nearest one is 10 miles away and I must admit we have always had good service and up to now everything have lasted longer than the warranty so I comment on returning faulty items .