Land passed for FAC use....

46 minutes ago, Lucky Shot 1958 said:

Afternoon Gents,

Would anyone happen to know if the Police keep a database of land that has been passed for FAC use ?

TIA.

i would imajine ...NO..........FAC land permission would only be granted...on how the applicant would use the land........all "shootable" land is suitable for FAC providing the right calibre is used... and dependent on how the person would use it

that is my own personal opinion

They do have a data base and it's incomplete and inaccurate. It refers to farms and often over time parts are sold and absorbed into other farms. Farm names change. Different forces apply different criteria. Some clear to calibre requested some clear to what they consider appropriate. It's a complete mess. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

They do have a data base and it's incomplete and inaccurate. It refers to farms and often over time parts are sold and absorbed into other farms. Farm names change. Different forces apply different criteria. Some clear to calibre requested some clear to what they consider appropriate. It's a complete mess. 

that sounds about it 

21 hours ago, old'un said:

they must do, as before I had an open ticket they always seemed to know which farms were or were not approved when I asked.

They will tell you that land has been passed for that calibre so i don't see a problem  you getting one . Or although its passed for that theres 6 folk shooting 22 rimfires on there 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

As above and in my experience they have officers doing the job who don't know their from their elbow regarding the safe use of firearms but very often there are those who do, it is a mess as said as often they only pull up Google Earth or similar but do not actually walk the ground.

I have recently had some land I own that is attached to my house, cleared for rimfire and not suitable for c/fire. The FEO came with boots to check it out and advised I only shot north to south as it is a small valley. they had no record of it previously being cleared. They now have Land Registry maps to show the area which I was asked to provide.

As this was my first FAC, I can only shoot on approved land.

On 09/01/2023 at 17:04, ditchman said:

i would imajine ...NO..........FAC land permission would only be granted...on how the applicant would use the land........all "shootable" land is suitable for FAC providing the right calibre is used... and dependent on how the person would use it

that is my own personal opinion

Yep, pretty much how it should be. You should know the calibre and it's capabilities. And the land and it's limitations 

Yes they do. In the past I've phoned & asked when my ticked was closed & I could only shoot on approved land. When I applied for my first fac the feo mentioned my nominated farm hadn't been visited for a long time so he was going to inspect it again. They wouldn't visit, inspect, pass for certain cal' without keeping a record for future reference.