B25 or one of the B*25 guns?

keeper96

I can’t understand why any B25 won’t ‘like’ steel shot ( after all it shouldn’t come into contact with the barrels ) but I’d still go for a 425/525 personally, from that choice. 
I had a 325 once; cracking gun but as far as I can recall the barrels aren’t chrome lined?
Just thinking the newer models may be easier to clean off the crud from whatever steel shot wads are going to be made of? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:
1 hour ago, Scully said:

I can’t understand why any B25 won’t ‘like’ steel shot ( after all it shouldn’t come into contact with the barrels ) but I’d still go for a 425/525 personally, from that choice. 
I had a 325 once; cracking gun but as far as I can recall the barrels aren’t chrome lined?
Just thinking the newer models may be easier to clean off the crud from whatever steel shot wads are going to be made of? 🤷‍♂️

Browning stated in their owners guides that they did not recommend the use of steel shot .This was 30 plus years ago when steel was being first used . I have no doubt this was to cover themselves against litigation in the USA for damage , as so many things had warning notices . Cartridges have improved since these warnings were first issued . B25's a great guns but like all now largely out of production guns many spares are getting harder to obtain, of this I have had experience having been involved in the rebuilding and customizing of B25's ,so please do not tell me I can get them from Chambers or Brownells.

As with any second hand guns it all comes down to condition ,price and whether the gun feels and looks  good  . 425's/525's will know doubt look better cosmetically for the money 

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what's wrong with the Zoli ??

Nothings wrong with it, I just can’t shoot it! 

just one of those guns I haven’t clicked with despite persevering.

it’s lovely to look at and handle and other people shoot it well but for me it’s a waste sitting in the cabinet 

48 minutes ago, bhawk said:

Hi Why are you not getting on with the zoli

As above mate, It’s a lovely gun but I just haven’t clicked with it. 

B25's take a bit more looking after than the modern 425/525's but they are a world apart when it comes to handling and balance. The bores will go orange in the time it takes for you to get home after shooting but its nothing to be concerned about. You can buy a reasonable B2G for £2k and it would be a pleasure to own and shoot.

1 hour ago, keeper96 said:

Nothings wrong with it, I just can’t shoot it! 

just one of those guns I haven’t clicked with despite persevering.

it’s lovely to look at and handle and other people shoot it well but for me it’s a waste sitting in the cabinet 

As above mate, It’s a lovely gun but I just haven’t clicked with it. 

Hello, my friend has just bought a 525 Sporter, 👍

image.jpeg.6edce2a39920e032a020609f7026b608.jpeg

Everyday's a school day. 
Browning are still at it to a certain extent, being that the Crown is a modern built shotgun but designated ‘lead only’ by means of a bright yellow sticker on the barrels! 
Nephew is having his HP proofed, if he hasn’t already. 
It will increase its resaleability if nothing else. 

Edited to add: Nephew has had the work done; Teagued and HP proofed.
Another case of once again proving he needn’t have! 🙂

Edited by Scully

10 hours ago, Scully said:

3 hours ago, Scully said:

image.jpeg.6edce2a39920e032a020609f7026b608.jpeg

Everyday's a school day. 
Browning are still at it to a certain extent, being that the Crown is a modern built shotgun but designated ‘lead only’ by means of a bright yellow sticker on the barrels! 
Nephew is having his HP proofed, if he hasn’t already. 
It will increase its resaleability if nothing else. 

Edited to add: Nephew has had the work done; Teagued and HP proofed.
Another case of once again proving he needn’t have! 🙂

I think it was something to do with ring bulges / the steel not being able to cope with the extra pressure - but it might have been because it was on an American forum and their cartridges are a bit hotter than ours?

10 hours ago, Scully said:

I own a Miroku 7000 which is technically identical to the B325. The barrels of both guns are indeed not chrome lined but polished to such a high standard mirror finish that cleaning them has never been any issue. Neither did the thousands of steel shot charges that went down my 7000 any harm to the bores.

4 minutes ago, reindeer said:

I own a Miroku 7000 which is technically identical to the B325. The barrels of both guns are indeed not chrome lined but polished to such a high standard mirror finish that cleaning them has never been any issue. Neither did the thousands of steel shot charges that went down my 7000 any harm to the bores.

I had no problems cleaning my 325 either, whether I used felt wads or plastic. What I was referring to was the possibility of eco-wad materials being more difficuilt to remove, as someone mentioned on one of the relevant threads on here some time ago.  

Despite some advice offered I went with the B25, tried a 425 light weight and a 525 sporter in the shop but they felt too bulky, I could have gotten away with the 525 if it weren’t for the extra weight though. 

but I’ll use this b25 as long as we’re allowed lead and then it should be good for standard steel with 1/4 choke in both barrels. 

D988E0A1-47CA-40D0-B9C1-73038AAE5361.jpeg

A1DAA74D-6FEC-46E9-9C11-23B1A00D68CC.jpeg

E023E7D1-95D2-4248-8ED3-1508B8ED577B.jpeg

28 minutes ago, keeper96 said:

Despite some advice offered I went with the B25, tried a 425 light weight and a 525 sporter in the shop but they felt too bulky, I could have gotten away with the 525 if it weren’t for the extra weight though. 

but I’ll use this b25 as long as we’re allowed lead and then it should be good for standard steel with 1/4 choke in both barrels. 

D988E0A1-47CA-40D0-B9C1-73038AAE5361.jpeg

A1DAA74D-6FEC-46E9-9C11-23B1A00D68CC.jpeg

E023E7D1-95D2-4248-8ED3-1508B8ED577B.jpeg

Very nice. At that choking I’d have no qualms about putting HP through it too. 

30 minutes ago, dessyb said:

what about this

IMG_0052 (2).JPG

IMG_0053 (2).JPG

Very nice! 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

Very nice. At that choking I’d have no qualms about putting HP through it too. 

Only a 2 3/4 chamber… I believe the HP stuff is all 3”?

35 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Enjoy the experience.  That's the one from Park Street isn't it?

No, it’s the one from Gilsan guns