Falcon FN19 FAC

Dekers

Hi Everyone, I need the help of you clever people please.

My FN19, about 22 years old and running around 26Ft Lb is not cocking.   This has started, and got worse over about the last 4-5 magazines (around 36 shots).   It works sometimes and then you try and cock it, and no matter how hard and far back you pull the bolt, it simply will no cock.  I struggle for a while and then it will maybe cock properly 2 or 3 times and then simply refuse to cock again.

I don't pretend to be a Falcon expert but this seems strange to me, can anyone help me solve this problem please?   Gun is pretty useless as it stands, and as it is a work tool it is a big problem.

Quick removal from stock isn't showing any obvious issue.

205.jpg.15ebb41861216c0823dd8e6038ec00f6.jpg

Help PLEASE!!!!

Can you see the trigger sear ? 

Sounds like its not engaging, you say its got worse over the last few magazines i'm betting its worn with a rounded edge. 

Try altering the amount the sear engages the sear if what i think it is it will eventually engage. But it should really be looked at by a pro.

I'm no expert just like taking things apart and fiddling. 

Edited by Dougy

6 hours ago, Dekers said:

Thanks again for replies, trying logunator! 👍

Have you managed to get in touch? Let me know if not and I'll text him, your gun will come back as good as new.

I can understand you wanting something new, but for a fraction of the cost your Falcon will be sorted,  then get something else when you have more time to search for what you want, there always look to be some real bargains in FAC.

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Have you managed to get in touch? Let me know if not and I'll text him, your gun will come back as good as new.

I can understand you wanting something new, but for a fraction of the cost your Falcon will be sorted,  then get something else when you have more time to search for what you want, there always look to be some real bargains in FAC.

Yes, he's been back to me, having a chat later!

I have some issues with my Falcon, but one BIG issue is the indexing problem.     Have any of you tried these, apparently they do away completely with the OEM Falcon indexing system and are completely independent.    I don't quite follow how, but if they work that is a big problem solved with mine!

Self Indexing Nylon Magazine for Multi Shot Falcon and RWS Air Rifles – SMWEngineering

40 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I have some issues with my Falcon, but one BIG issue is the indexing problem.     Have any of you tried these, apparently they do away completely with the OEM Falcon indexing system and are completely independent.    I don't quite follow how, but if they work that is a big problem solved with mine!

Self Indexing Nylon Magazine for Multi Shot Falcon and RWS Air Rifles – SMWEngineering

Magic, can't fault them.😊👍

1 minute ago, snarepeg said:

Magic, can't fault them.😊👍

Great!!  Have you removed your indexing wheel???

Ok, if logunator can fix my other issues we may be in business then, and I may be able to salvage mine, rather than starting from scratch and buying a new FAC Air.

This is just one tool in the box, it doesn't get a great deal of use, but I have a few jobs it is essential for, I feel lost without it already.  

There is a small alen key screw in the bolt next to indexing cog. Loosen this cycle the bolt through magazine retighten when bolt is down. The magazine will have to be set with the hole fully open not half way like it is when mag is full

This will reset the bolt to magazine hpefully. The bolt should cycle freely then. 

Common issue with all moving parts loosening a bit

The plastic magazine aren't great alloy ones are a lot better

20 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

There is a small alen key screw in the bolt next to indexing cog. Loosen this cycle the bolt through magazine retighten when bolt is down. The magazine will have to be set with the hole fully open not half way like it is when mag is full

This will reset the bolt to magazine hpefully. The bolt should cycle freely then. 

Common issue with all moving parts loosening a bit

The plastic magazine aren't great alloy ones are a lot better

I've tried everything, so have several clever people including Falcon themselves, at the Game Fair many years ago, they sent me a new wheel and even that didn't work.  Had another so called expert look at it about 3 years back and simply got a bill for nothing. 

4 hours ago, Dekers said:

Great!!  Have you removed your indexing wheel???

Ok, if logunator can fix my other issues we may be in business then, and I may be able to salvage mine, rather than starting from scratch and buying a new FAC Air.

This is just one tool in the box, it doesn't get a great deal of use, but I have a few jobs it is essential for, I feel lost without it already.  

No need, it's made to not interfere.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for input everyone. 

Managed to get the main problem fixed by a very clever guy on the south coast!  Indexing is a known problem with Falcons, and I am now the owner of 2 x SMW magazines, which work great and solve the indexing issues!

Feels like a new gun and a joy to use again, so £1.5-£2.5k on a new FAC Air can wait a while!!!!!

👍

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

Thanks for input everyone. 

Managed to get the main problem fixed by a very clever guy on the south coast!  Indexing is a known problem with Falcons, and I am now the owner of 2 x SMW magazines, which work great and solve the indexing issues!

Feels like a new gun and a joy to use again, so £1.5-£2.5k on a new FAC Air can wait a while!!!!!

👍

Spot on 👍