Need a new .22FAC

Dekers

OK, my Falcon FN 19 Skeleton which I bought new in about 2000 is in need of more work.

Its not been the most reliable gun in the world throughout its life, but more problems now.

I'm beginning to think it is time for a new gun, technology has changed a lot in the last 23 years.

Let me be clear, this is a work gun, my Falcon has run between about 19-30ft lb throughout is life as circumstances dictated, it is currently running at 28, which works fine for the work it is generally doing now, that gives me a first zero around 12 yard and a zero of 58 yards with little more than an inch high between.  The incredible thing is, despite the rifles assorted shortcomings, and having a barrel about as flexible as a bass guitar string, it has always been remarkably accurate.   I was doing pigeons at several schools over the half term and knocking them down to 60 yards with no problem at all.   

So, I need a decent shot count, power to potentially 30 ft lb and ACCURACY!

Suggestions appreciated please.

Many thanks.

37 minutes ago, Dekers said:

OK, my Falcon FN 19 Skeleton which I bought new in about 2000 is in need of more work.

Its not been the most reliable gun in the world throughout its life, but more problems now.

I'm beginning to think it is time for a new gun, technology has changed a lot in the last 23 years.

Let me be clear, this is a work gun, my Falcon has run between about 19-30ft lb throughout is life as circumstances dictated, it is currently running at 28, which works fine for the work it is generally doing now, that gives me a first zero around 12 yard and a zero of 58 yards with little more than an inch high between.  The incredible thing is, despite the rifles assorted shortcomings, and having a barrel about as flexible as a bass guitar string, it has always been remarkably accurate.   I was doing pigeons at several schools over the half term and knocking them down to 60 yards with no problem at all.   

So, I need a decent shot count, power to potentially 30 ft lb and ACCURACY!

Suggestions appreciated please.

Many thanks.

Air Arms S510 FAC?

I have the S410 version at 28 ft/lb 

Edited by steve_b_wales

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, is that bottle or air tube, being your falcon is lighter than most fac air rifles

On board reservoir, and skeleton stock, so yes, it is very light.  At 28Ftlb  I get about 32 full power shots, its beginning to tail off there, but that's 4 full mags and is ok (I could do with a few more just the same).

Just now, Gameking said:

Rapid 7 , the original and best !

I had one of those as well, I had 2 x FAC Air, sold the Rapid about 8 months back, how daft is that, so gone from 2 to none!

Rapid is great and likely to last a long time, but I'm looking for more modern technology now! 👍

12 minutes ago, Dekers said:

On board reservoir, and skeleton stock, so yes, it is very light.  At 28Ftlb  I get about 32 full power shots, its beginning to tail off there, but that's 4 full mags and is ok (I could do with a few more just the same).

Hello, you will not get much lighter than you falcon, those fac rifles with air tubes tend to be around 6.5 LLB, shot count up to 50 shots per fill, a friend has a HW 100 doing 27 ft llb and like Steve's AA 510 it's very slick loading ,that's 7.5 LLB, what's your budget ? Have you thought to get your falcon serviced ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, you will not get much lighter than you falcon, those fac rifles with air tubes tend to be around 6.5 LLB, shot count up to 50 shots per fill, a friend has a HW 100 doing 27 ft llb, that's 7.5 LLB, what's your budget ? Have you thought to get your falcon serviced ?

I'm looking to get it fixed, it has a couple of issues, not sure if this will be possible or cost effective, so thinking it may be time to invest in something newer.

No sure, but I seem to remember my Falcon is about 5.8 lb, someone will know, whatever, it is very light!

2 minutes ago, Dekers said:

I'm looking to get it fixed, it has a couple of issues, not sure if this will be possible or cost effective, so thinking it may be time to invest in something newer.

No sure, but I seem to remember my Falcon is about 5.8 lb, someone will know, whatever, it is very light!

Hello, my book says just over 6llb, something newer ? There are some very nice fac rifles now away from the heavy rapids, good luck with your choice 👍

A mates mate has an XS (?) something or other. He was telling me it puts out some incredible ft/Ibs and he‘d pinged one rabbit at 105 yds the other night and his mate killed it with a head shot. 
I’ll get in touch with him and see if I can get more detailed info’; I was up a ladder when he was telling me over the phone so was a bit distracted.