Duck load recommendations

4 hours ago, grahamch said:
Never used steel before and looking for recommendations for a good duck load for next season on the shore now have used the last of my ITM 5s.

To be used in a Beretta 690/3 3 inch chamber. TIA

I always use Gamebore Silver Steel. These are 3” fibre wadded no4 cartridges and find them good for duck. We can’t use plastic wads on ground so these are ideal

If you need none plastic wads eley eco 32 gram 3 or 5 will do the job just fine.   Plastic wads the gamebore 70 mm wetland steel 32 gram 4 was always great.  Some use 3 inch carts like gamebore mammoths 36 gram 3 but personally unless they are a long long way out they are over kill plus extra recoil.

I reload most of my steel, but for longer passing shots i have used RC three inch 36 gram 1s as above, and for factory ammo they are good. For closer decoying again i reload , but i had some NSI 32 gram 4s a couple of seasons ago, they were acceptable. My advice start reloading.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

If shooting on Scotland under their laws on lead shot I'd use the classic lead shot duck load of 1 1/4 ounce of English #5 in a gun choked half and half in both barrels. It gives you everything, pattern and penetration to give a lethal perfomance. 

Can’t use lead on the shore in Scotland

Eley lightening 3” 36g 3s

shot these through a miruko mk60 high pheasant with 3/4 choke for a season or 2 and certainly killed well

now shoot them when needed through my B25 as well, prefer them to the gamebore mammoths

they used to do a 32g load that was equally as good in a 3 shot.

37 minutes ago, archi said:

Eley lightening 3” 36g 3s

shot these through a miruko mk60 high pheasant with 3/4 choke for a season or 2 and certainly killed well

now shoot them when needed through my B25 as well, prefer them to the gamebore mammoths

they used to do a 32g load that was equally as good in a 3 shot.

I managed to get a few hundred of the 32 g 3s excellent cartridges and the 36 g ones .