Shocking Parking in Stamford

TIGHTCHOKE

We have a local chippy on a main road with a light controlled crossing outside of the shop. This type of parking happens most evenings just recently and not always the same person. There is a usually empty small free car park not 25 yards away.

And if you'd said anything it could potentially get turned into into racism because many of our city drivers didn't get taught to drive in this country, and even if they were, our rules only apply to us. Park in any fast food car park and see who feels its too demeaning to take empty wrappings to the bins.

Edited by Dave-G

On 05/04/2023 at 09:18, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, I just paused briefly in disbelief and took a couple of pictures.

I popped in to a small mini mart shop this afternoon and a young female waited behind me to purchase one whole entire mahoosive small bag of crisps !!! She came out and got into the driver's seat of this marvelously parked vehicle πŸ˜–πŸ˜† A close second to yours ? πŸ˜ƒ20230406_160026.jpg.df7e2c821a2f899e0ce638bca33d5c6f.jpg

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett, I wonder if a passing police Officer would actually do anything?Β  Β :w00t:

My best guess is they would just drive past.Β  Β 

Actually, they would take action and have done along that stretch of road before (I actually witnessed it and was mildly surprised!) Opposite is a co-op,,,, most people park outside there too, so to deter such foolish vehicle positioning, railings were installed. It doesn't stop the idiotic parking one iota !!!

Also, traffic wardens only visit the entire local area about once every 2-3 months !!! Why ? Because there's only about 6 staff in that department πŸ€·πŸ€”

4 minutes ago, JKD said:

Actually, they would take action and have done along that stretch of road before (I actually witnessed it and was mildly surprised!) Opposite is a co-op,,,, most people park outside there too, so to deter such foolish vehicle positioning, railings were installed. It doesn't stop the idiotic parking one iota !!!

Also, traffic wardens only visit the entire local area about once every 2-3 months !!! Why ? Because there's only about 6 staff in that department πŸ€·πŸ€”

Stamford has "Parking Wardens" I have seen them several times and last week one of them had actually written out a ticket.

IMG_20230330_164417.jpg

IMG_20230330_164422.jpg

Well, in Dartford town centre they are on the ball big time !!! As in most towns I suspect.

This next one is at the junction of my tiny little street. A small crossroad with up and down being dead-ends. Every night you can hardly see a kerb there's so many vehicles, so any 'space' is used πŸ€”πŸ˜²πŸ€£

This was taken mid morning if I remember correctly, a few years ago, with most people having driven out somewhere.

Since then, double yellow lines are on each of these corners and many others in the area. That has helped a little, but not eradicated the senseless parking. Large vehicles simply can't turn into these small roads,,,, especially the refuse collection vehicles !!!

1680846741860_20190828_072054.jpg.eff919c361bbc2410b0f78164c77429a.jpg

Edited by JKD