More morons with dogs

B725

Just taken my dog out and he was still on his lead when this bloke came towards me with 4 dog's off the lead. I sat Tom up as the bloke said it's okay they are friendly, next minute one of the cockapoos launches at Tom trying to bite Tom's face luckily Tom went behind me as the other was still trying to bite him it only stopped after a booted it, the bloke said oh he's never done that before. 

I cannot understand why they don't put their dog's on a lead until you know everything is going to be okay. I am hoping this doesn't set him when we meet up again with the other dog's on the shoot next season. 

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Just been talking to my mate about it and suprise suprise this dog who has never done it before actually has quite a few times. 

It’s no excuse 

dose getting bitten hurt any less because it hasn’t done it before? 

if you see him again tell him if it’s known that it bites it’s had one chance if there’s a next time it’s a trip to the vet for it 

There was some footage circulating a week or so ago of two police horses being attacked by an American bulldog, the owner was doing very little to get his dog under control I couldn't see him with a lead a brave member of the public grabbed the dog by its collar,  but in the back ground there were people walking past even a woman with a push chair. that incident although unpleasant as it was could have been far worse. The brain of Britain owner stated that his dog was safe and friendly.

On 15/04/2023 at 15:39, holloway said:

They don’t put them on the lead because they know they have no chance of calling them back and putting them back on the lead because they haven’t bothered to train them ,I see it all of the time drives me mental .Hope it doesn’t affect Tom to much .

Indeed.

Went fishing on a local river in January; just myself and another car in the car park. My lab was sat on the tail gate whilst I got the gear our and loaded. The owner of said other car, who had an unruly and excitable mongrel (lab/poodle), who said in passing as walking by,"see, that's a well behaved dog" to hers as tried jumping up to mine. "No" I replied, "that's a well trained dog, there's a difference", to which she took umbridge and stormed off muttering.

i had a confrontation with a mongrel owner cocopoo the dog jumped at me and hit me hard in the tackle i reacted and kicked the dog which was not on a lead the women complained i told her to do one.Next day her old man came up to me and threatened me at which point laught at him and carried on have not been to the same park again  

I had a spaniel run from a field and attack my boy Jake,he had no chance as he was old and could hardly see, i wacked it with my stick and booted it, the woman came up grabbing her dog and putting it on a lead, she was all apologetic, i simply told her that if her dog ever attacked mine again i would simply kill her dog, she scurried away.

Speaking to at least 5 other dog owners her dog has attacked them and even on a lead it goes bonkers when it sees another dog, totally untrained and a danger to others.

My boy Jake has gone now but she still takes a very big detour round my house when she walks to the fields.