Gamebore Evo.

Couldn’t get my normal cartridges so bought some at the ground, and ended up with Gamebore Evo 21grm 7.5’s.
Nice little load and capable of breaking everything you’d expect to see on your average sporting layout. 
Don’t know how they’d cope on some of the longer targets at Westlands or Crabtree perhaps ( I was using skeet and skeet ) but more than adequate for everything we were presented with. 
Was just thinking it’d be a good load for a simulated game day. 🤷‍♂️
Edited: Sorry, should be in ‘cartridges’ section. 

Edited by Scully

6 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

£75 a slab £300 a thousand for 21gm plastic or fibre wads seams expensive to me even at current prices, but then may be not 😊

I wouldn’t know to be honest. My usual 28 grm Eley trap cartridges were £61.00 a slab last time I bought some, but I don’t really shop around looking for the cheapest and generally take what is available when I need them. 
Gamebore if I recall, have always seemed higher priced than others in my experience, but then I don’t buy vast quantities of any brand. 

On 18/04/2023 at 21:49, Scully said:

I wouldn’t know to be honest. My usual 28 grm Eley trap cartridges were £61.00 a slab last time I bought some, but I don’t really shop around looking for the cheapest and generally take what is available when I need them. 
Gamebore if I recall, have always seemed higher priced than others in my experience, but then I don’t buy vast quantities of any brand. 

Have a look at Mole Valley they some times have offers on certain cartridges Eley included, using Fiochi lite speed at the mo,from local gun shop £269/1000 26grm not to punchy in the shoulder 

I bought 2 boxes of these for woodcock as my usual shells were not available.24gm and I found them really lacking. I usually shoot 28gm 7's, 7.5 or 8's in a 65mm shell due to my guns chambers. Never had any issues really over the years of using different brands but these were different. I hit a fee birds that were fairly close and really feathered them but rhey went on. Some I was lucky enough to knock with the second barrel but others I hit with the second barrel which still went on and others I missed with the second and they were lost to me. 

This happened over a few days so it was not that I was just having an off day but I eventually managed to track down some eley shells and went back to them. The gamebore shells have been assigned to the bag for shooting clays at home. 

On 22/04/2023 at 07:51, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Cracking little shell, last lot were £190 a thousand, worth shopping around though.

IMG_20230422_074636.jpg

£190 a thousand? Was it 2016 when you last bought them? Or were they one of your snappy second hand bargains?

They've got to be nearer £290 a thousand today.

14 hours ago, gmm243 said:

I bought 2 boxes of these for woodcock as my usual shells were not available.24gm and I found them really lacking. I usually shoot 28gm 7's, 7.5 or 8's in a 65mm shell due to my guns chambers. Never had any issues really over the years of using different brands but these were different. I hit a fee birds that were fairly close and really feathered them but rhey went on. Some I was lucky enough to knock with the second barrel but others I hit with the second barrel which still went on and others I missed with the second and they were lost to me. 

This happened over a few days so it was not that I was just having an off day but I eventually managed to track down some eley shells and went back to them. The gamebore shells have been assigned to the bag for shooting clays at home. 

As far as I’m aware they are a trap cartridge and not a live quarry cartridge. 

my local shooting ground has these, for me a great skeet cartridge, but whether it was a bad batch or what, they are misfiring on a regular basis so much so that ive stopped using them. Misfires not only in my guns but everyone who bought them has had at least 1 misfire

On 23/04/2023 at 21:43, Poor Shot said:

£190 a thousand? Was it 2016 when you last bought them? Or were they one of your snappy second hand bargains?

They've got to be nearer £290 a thousand today.

Well I have just bought a load of Hull Comp X 28 gramme 7 1/2s for 10p a cartridge.