Electric wheelbarrows?????? Any suggestions

Walker570

On 11/05/2023 at 04:41, loriusgarrulus said:

I have one of these. Not electric, but much easier to use than a wheel barrow. I can't manage a barrow with any amount in it anymore, but these 4 wheeled trolleys are easy to pull about. I have had one down the wood for years to cart logs in and now bought a second one for home. The tipper function works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0743FDY24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61ljD4EXnzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Looks perfect for the job, the tipper function is the icing on the cake: mix compost or soil etc in it then tip it where needed. It also an easier height for saving old folks backs and knees - and more stable than a one wheel barrow. A bit of scaffold board across the top would make for a good seat too.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

That's a good shout,  Nev can just wander along with the remote 😀 

Not that type that fit against the main axle caravan wheels. They work fine, but are a bit overkill on a barrow. 

Its this type that you put in place of the jockey wheel. They are useless for most caravans as underpowered, but would work on a small truck.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

I have a petrol, caterpillar tracked power barrow wrapped up under a tarpaulin never been used. It was delivered just before Andrew went into hospital. It was bought to use in the wood. My Nephew finished putting it together and powered it up to check it for me. It is a bit of a beast though and a bit much for tootling round a  normal garden with. I might put it on here in other sales shortly as I am never going to use it. 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Not that type that fit against the main axle caravan wheels. They work fine, but are a bit overkill on a barrow. 

Its this type that you put in place of the jockey wheel. They are useless for most caravans as underpowered, but would work on a small truck.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I have a similar one sat in the garage, unused. Makes more noise than a tractor with no exhaust and I think the speed is 1 yard(metre) per minute.

On 10/05/2023 at 23:03, ditchman said:

Yep, looked at one of those but not good reviews.   I think I am going to try and build the golf cart into a garden truck. It is purely for weeding and carrying the necessary tools.

That will cost me just a few hours work and I have a plastic 25ltr drum I can cut for the container.

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I have a petrol, caterpillar tracked power barrow wrapped up under a tarpaulin never been used. It was delivered just before Andrew went into hospital. It was bought to use in the wood. My Nephew finished putting it together and powered it up to check it for me. It is a bit of a beast though and a bit much for tootling round a  normal garden with. I might put it on here in other sales shortly as I am never going to use it. 🤷‍♀️

Yes, seen and used one of those. Great for recovering deer etc but as said just a bit over the mark for what I need.

On 10/05/2023 at 21:08, Pushkin said:

I got a new(Aldi's) petrol mower yesterday.  Delivered on time and on the day stated.  Up and running within the hour and it has self propulsion - oh why oh why did I put it off for so long?????.  Anyway, to get to the point, I have my old mower available for uplift/ take away, still works very well (Briggs and Stratton engine) serviced by myself over the last 20 years of ownership.  The sprung bit that holds onto the grass box broke off and I could not be bothered welding it - and fixing the carriage as well ,so any takers?????

Near Glenrothes in Fife.

:good:

Pushkin

Is that the one that is compatible with E10 petrol?

Edited by yates

• 4 weeks later...

Is that the one that is compatible with E10 petrol?

Edited May 15 by yates

Yates, yes I believe so.  Just use petrol from our local garage and it works fine.  Isn't all petrol E10 compliant in the UK now?  Sorry for the delay in answering.

:good:Pushkin