Electric wheelbarrows?????? Any suggestions

Walker570

42 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I hear you on the electric/battery option . We needed a new mower and the Mrs wanted an electric/battery one rather than a nice lovely petrol one. I like the petrol option because I like tinkering and mixing the two stroke etc. We ended up getting the electric battery one. Bloody thing doesn’t last. It’s light and plasticky and I hate it.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just finding pushing a wheelbarrow around our large garden etc a pain looked at the very limited offers on the web. Anyone on here have any knowledge views etc??

Apologies should be two ggs but blame the three fingers of Scotch just deboured.

Have a look at the carp porter ones there good and you could easily alter it to a garden barrow. 

I got a new(Aldi's) petrol mower yesterday.  Delivered on time and on the day stated.  Up and running within the hour and it has self propulsion - oh why oh why did I put it off for so long?????.  Anyway, to get to the point, I have my old mower available for uplift/ take away, still works very well (Briggs and Stratton engine) serviced by myself over the last 20 years of ownership.  The sprung bit that holds onto the grass box broke off and I could not be bothered welding it - and fixing the carriage as well ,so any takers?????

Near Glenrothes in Fife.

:good:

Pushkin

Thanks all....I'm not looking for a heavy duty job as it will likely only have to move a bag of compost at most  25k/50lbs. I have an elctric driven golf trolley in the garage which is no longer used and thinking to convert that.   I have a special orange friend, my Kubota 7001 tractor with front end loader to do the heavy stuff but it can't get in and out of flower beds etc when weeding or planting.  Will keep looking and listening though.

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Thanks all....I'm not looking for a heavy duty job as it will likely only have to move a bag of compost at most  25k/50lbs. I have an elctric driven golf trolley in the garage which is no longer used and thinking to convert that.   I have a special orange friend, my Kubota 7001 tractor with front end loader to do the heavy stuff but it can't get in and out of flower beds etc when weeding or planting.  Will keep looking and listening though.

For now try extending  the handles on the barrow  , will make the load feel lighter .

I have one of these. Not electric, but much easier to use than a wheel barrow. I can't manage a barrow with any amount in it anymore, but these 4 wheeled trolleys are easy to pull about. I have had one down the wood for years to cart logs in and now bought a second one for home. The tipper function works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0743FDY24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61ljD4EXnzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Big fan of the builders wheelbarrow my self, but, we have one of the pull along carts and I've told the better half I'm going to adapt it so she can pull it with her mobility scooter 😀.  We also have a large double wheel, wheelbarrow which is huge but much easier to push as yout nor having to balance as you push, you don't lift as it pivots, was the daughters horse poop barrow. I'm sure there must be smaller versions.

https://www.wynnstay.co.uk/jfc-twin-wheel-tipping-barrow.html

Edited by manthing

3 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I have one of these. Not electric, but much easier to use than a wheel barrow. I can't manage a barrow with any amount in it anymore, but these 4 wheeled trolleys are easy to pull about. I have had one down the wood for years to cart logs in and now bought a second one for home. The tipper function works great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0743FDY24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now could that be motorised with a 12 volt battery 🤔

5 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I wonder who dreamed up the name on  that one:hmm:

I`ve got one similar to the above and bought it from Aldi about 10 years ago. It was initially up for £80 then the last one was priced at £38 so I bought it, took it to the till and was charged £28 for it. It was initially green, but has faded to a bluish colour over the years. I did use it for carrying all the decoying stuff and found it ok over level ground and easy to pull and the handle is easily taken off to get in the car. It`s now just used around the garden and is invaluable for transporting a delivery of logs from my front drive to the log store round the back. Probably the best £28 I`ve ever spent apart from a special marriage licence,possibly. :w00t:

As Oldypigeonpopper said, could fairly easily be motorised I would have thought.

It does get a good clean occasionally:whistling:

OB

IMG_3538.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

I wonder who dreamed up the name on  that one

I`ve got one similar to the above and bought it from Aldi about 10 years ago. It was initially up for £80 then the last one was priced at £38 so I bought it, took it to the till and was charged £28 for it. It was initially green, but has faded to a bluish colour over the years. I did use it for carrying all the decoying stuff and found it ok over level ground and easy to pull and the handle is easily taken off to get in the car. It`s now just used around the garden and is invaluable for transporting a delivery of logs from my front drive to the log store round the back. Probably the best £28 I`ve ever spent apart from a special marriage licence,possibly. 

As Oldypigeonpopper said, could fairly easily be motorised I would have thought.

It does get a good clean occasionally:whistling:

OB

IMG_3538.JPG

I bought it despite the name. 🤷‍♀️

The one I have in the wood is greenish blue like yours. I can't remember where I bought it. It could have been Aldi as its been my main shopping supermarket since the mid 90's. 

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Cannot believe they are only £90 🤔

The instructions that came with the orange one are useless, but one of the reviewers on Amazon put better instructions on which I used to good effect. I put it together on my own with no problem. There is one reviewer put pictures up of what it looked like assembled which was useful. A German reviewer put instructions up for a similiar truck. I used amazons translate to English for the review. The instructions sheet for the green truck they put up is mainly pictorial, so translating not really needed. 

Unless you are doing a lot of heavy loads going uphill it trundles along very nicely.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

16 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

The instructions that came with the orange one are useless, but one of the reviewers on Amazon put better instructions on which I used to good effect. I put it together on my own with no problem. There is one reviewer put pictures up of what it looked like assembled which was useful. A German reviewer put instructions up for a similiar truck. I used amazons translate to English for the review. The instructions sheet for the green truck they put up is mainly pictorial, so translating not really needed. 

Unless you are doing a lot of heavy loads going uphill it trundles along very nicely.

Hello, it certainly looks a handy addition for anyone with a large garden or wood as you have shown us with some nice posts and photos, I am sure with some ingenuity they could be motorised, 

11 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it certainly looks a handy addition for anyone with a large garden or wood as you have shown us with some nice posts and photos, I am sure with some ingenuity they could be motorised, 

A caravan manoeuvring mover might work. Most are underpowered for caravans, but might work on a truck. Or an old mobility scooter motor. 

Edited by loriusgarrulus

22 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

A caravan manoeuvring mover might work. Most are underpowered for caravans, but might work on a truck. Or an old mobility scooter motor. 

That's a good shout,  Nev can just wander along with the remote 😀