More Green insanity

Weihrauch17

They are not the full shilling. These are sick people trying to force their view of the future and what we eat, how we travel etc. on the public, without going via the ballot box. They have no regard for the law and it is high time the mainstream political parties told them to do one.

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

The claim appears to be that DEFRA are ignoring the 2008 legislation. It doesn't seem to be unreasonable to ask the courts to determine if that is the case.

So in 2008 the Govt legislated against Meat and Dairy?  Rubbish and where is there any proof that killing Cattle will in any way effect the climate, it is absolute insanity of the highest order.

Look forward to your insects and factory produced milk/meat type substances. I commented a couple of weeks ago about the move to register all poultry - once registered.... 200k cattle over three years - what will be the carbon footprint of that I wonder....

I have also heard mutterings about pets... and I am not on about Chickens.... Fido and Felix could be up for the chop in the near future because of their carbon footprint.

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

What we produce (and consume) in this country is insignificant in comparison.

As long as you ignore the fact that you are using up 75% more resourses per capita in this country then what is sustainable everything seems reasonable.

/M

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

Its an interesting ruling and looks like our promises to deliver are being tested. 

The only promises being made are from our totally clueless woke virtue signalling politicians.  There has been no rational debate with the Public on whether we want to impoverish ourselves for absolutely no good reason.

53 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The only promises being made are from our totally clueless woke virtue signalling politicians.  There has been no rational debate with the Public on whether we want to impoverish ourselves for absolutely no good reason.

The public never understood Brexit let alone the climate debate. Fortunately the debate is largely informed (woke) unlike a general public discourse on the subject. Either way they are our politicians put in power for the very purpose of making decisions on our behalf. Its inevitable that they will make decisions that will be beyond the immediate self interest of us as individuals. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

The public never understood Brexit let alone the climate debate. Fortunately the debate is largely informed (woke) unlike a general public discourse on the subject. Either way they are our politicians put in power for the very purpose of making decisions on our behalf. Its inevitable that they will make decisions that will be beyond the immediate self interest of us as individuals. 

Understatement of the decade.  So what you are saying is the General Public are stupid and our wonderful Politicians know best, how patronising they are totally clueless.

Edited by Weihrauch17

18 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Understatement of the decade.  So what you are saying is the General Pubic are stupid and our wonderful Politicians know best, how patronising they are totally clueless.

I guess that's why they do what they do and you do what you do. As for the general public. Since when have they ever been able to make a decision beyond the here and now?  We are as a species predisposed to greed and self satisfaction. 

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

I guess that's why they do what they do and you do what you do. As for the general public. Since when have they ever been able to make a decision beyond the here and now?  We are as a species predisposed to greed and self satisfaction. 

Yep very patronising.  If you are so Green maybe you need to stop flying round the world every year to kill things.

Edited by Weihrauch17

Back with a bit more fatuous rudeness then. Carry on if it makes you feel better. 

I think you have cornered that market.

I object to taxpayers money being used to satisfy the woke / green / stop oil / save the planet numpties. These pressure groups have got politicians talking about net zero etc. It isn't achievable, but let's waste billions, rather than looking after the elderly, the poor, the homeless. Forget improving Policing, the NHS and more when we can spend the money on nonsense.