£160/1000

40 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Amazed they are willing to let them go at that price when could get 50% more,and pocket £1,000+ more.Wonder what shops actually pay for all brands?

Think they got them cheap as where mid prints or printed wrong for someone etc

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

What you can be sure of is that from maker to retailer all involved in that supply chain will have made a profit.

That’s what makes the world go round though..

Normal retailer makes 10%

Manufacturer probably making lot more , I’d imagine 40-60%

I can only imagine £160/1000.

When I started shooting back a few years ago you could just about find Eley Selects or Fiocchi Litespeeds for £195 - £200 a thousand.

Same cartridges are now £260+.

At £160 I'd up my shooting to 3 times a week.

UK is crying out for a boggo basic cartridge at less than £200/1000. It would be an instant sell out and the most popular cartridge at shooting grounds overnight.

8 minutes ago, Fargo said:

That’s what makes the world go round though..

Normal retailer makes 10%

Manufacturer probably making lot more , I’d imagine 40-60%

Hull probably aren't even first or second in that supply chain either.

Plastic wads (as well as hulls, shot, primers, powder components, etc) are likely made in the third world then resold by someone like cheddite to the cartridge manufacturer who assemble them into a cartridge which will then (in certain cases) go via a wholesale reseller to your local gunshop.

Each one of those will be putting anything from 5% - 50% markup on the product.

55 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Strange - I had a similar deal a few years ago. They were also Hull ‘pro one’ type cart’s and 24 gram 8s. Can’t remember the price, but basically very much cheaper than everything else. 

Yep, again a few years ago there were some Special Game. Think it was 30g, but definitely  in 6s and 7s. Stepson had to stretch a bit and drove north and bought all that the RFD had in stock. They too were a really attractive price.

If they were actually Pro Ones and not just that age old line "same spec as (premium cartridge) but without the markings" then it goes to show just how cheaply cartridges can be made, distributed and sold. I very much doubt that these cartridges were sold at a loss considering that they'd have easily sold at £200+ per thousand and at a time where we are still seeing shortages of supply. 

Every time I've been into Avalon Guns they have been 15%-20% more expensive than any of my local RFDs for cartridges so I doubt they'd be as generous as to give away those cartridges for cost. 

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

is it true that there is a limit on how many carts you can hold ?.today i was told you can keep a max of 7500.

Bull shine!

9 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

AFAIK there isn't a limit on "cartridges" but the amount of powder that can be kept without relevant paperwork and storage provision. I've always been told not to keep more than 10k in one place.

Nearer the correct answer!

It all comes down to Net Explosive Quantity.

The amount of 1.4S ammunition you can store without special storage conditions.

In simple round figures 10000 X 28 gramme cartridges is usually accepted as the norm.