Simple Sunday Lunch

Gameking

26 minutes ago, London Best said:

I eat my veg, but only with loadsa meat.

I’m a carnivore.

i used to go regular to a outside resteruant just outside Niarobi....it was called the "Carnvore"...............awesome..... every type of well hung meat there/...with just a touch of vedge..................would suit you sir,...

5 hours ago, Gameking said:

Rare Roast Lamb, Mint Sauce, Cauliflower, Pembrokeshire New Potatoes and Roast potatoes with gravy 😋

IMG_20230625_190513_resized_20230627_033810923 Lamb june 2023.jpg

I could easily eat and enjoy that 😋 I have been thinking about the comments about the meat. I have eaten nearly raw cooked meat ranging to nearly cremated cooked meat and my opinion is any meat is better than no meat. Only thing I would say is I would have liked more gravy. 

1 hour ago, London Best said:

At least the plate is 50% meat as it should be, and not a plateful of veg/spuds such as some serve up as a dinner.

Show some pictures of your dinner next time 👍👍👍

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

i used to go regular to a outside resteruant just outside Niarobi....it was called the "Carnvore"...............awesome..... every type of well hung meat there/...with just a touch of vedge..................would suit you sir,...

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

london Best is a "london grill" guy i rekon

You are right, the Africans know how to cook/serve good meat.

I have no idea what a London Grill is. A London restaurant , maybe? 
Personally, I keep as far away from London as possible. The “London Best” refers to a shotgun, not me.

10 minutes ago, London Best said:

You are right, the Africans know how to cook/serve good meat.

I have no idea what a London Grill is. A London restaurant , maybe? 
Personally, I keep as far away from London as possible. The “London Best” refers to a shotgun, not me.

Google London Grill.......................it is a very meat heavy dish of a proper pork chop (with a kidney in it)...bacon ...sausages....kidneys....served with english mustard.....very popular with the judishery at lunchtime away from chambers...............

i think there are only 2 or 3 eateries that still do a traditional london grill..............either that or join an exclusive london club

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

Ah!

Yuk.

I'm not sure if that was the one to which he was referring, but I remember it as a Crosse and Blackwell product like that in a red labelled tin.  It was meant to be a 'breakfast in a tin' product.  Baked beans with pork(?) sausages, chopped kidney bits and bacon bits I think.  Heinz may have bought the product line or something as I don't remember Heinz doing it at the same time.

I like baked beans - but the add ons always seem such poor quality (the added sausages are revolting) and a can of beans with sausages is MUCH more expensive than the same sized can of just beans.

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I'm not sure if that was the one to which he was referring, but I remember it as a Crosse and Blackwell product like that in a red labelled tin.  It was meant to be a 'breakfast in a tin' product.  Baked beans with pork(?) sausages, chopped kidney bits and bacon bits I think.  Heinz may have bought the product line or something as I don't remember Heinz doing it at the same time.

I like baked beans - but the add ons always seem such poor quality (the added sausages are revolting) and a can of beans with sausages is MUCH more expensive than the same sized can of just beans.

I agree about the beans. Nowt wrong with beans on toast, but if you want sausages with it buy proper ones.