• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, jall25 said:

Why - would you give up after round 1 ?

Spent literally another 1 minute 12 seconds replying to the letterย 

ย 

Yes, when the outcome is as predictable as I predicted! Itโ€™s got nothing to do with shooting and everything to do with politics and a money making agenda for them and stakeholders, as I pointed out from the outset! They wonโ€™t change their minds.ย 
You can spend 1 minute 12 seconds or 12 minutes and 1 second; the outcome will be the same.ย 
It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SHOOTING! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
ย 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Yes, when the outcome is as predictable as I predicted! Itโ€™s got nothing to do with shooting and everything to do with politics and a money making agenda for them and stakeholders, as I pointed out from the outset! They wonโ€™t change their minds.ย 
You can spend 1 minute 12 seconds or 12 minutes and 1 second; the outcome will be the same.ย 
ย 

Everything TO DO WITH SHOOTING AND CONSERVATIONย 

1 hour ago, jall25 said:

Everything TO DO WITH SHOOTING AND CONSERVATIONย 

Oh please! Come on, youโ€™re an intelligent bloke! Get a grip! It has nothing to do with shooting, or conservation!
That land and its birds existed long before the invention of black powder, let alone driven game shooting, when somebody thoughtโ€ฆ.โ€™Ohhhh! These are jolly fast birds! I bet we could charge a small fortune for shooting on this land!โ€™ย 
The birds will move elsewhere more suitable to their lifestyle, as will those involved in their upkeep, and UU will carry on regardless. THEY DONT CARE.ย 
I am fully aware of your frustration and commend your efforts, I really do, but they are efforts better spent elsewhere on those moors still tenable.
UU couldnโ€™t care less and they wonโ€™t until you can offer them a bigger pay check and more long term offer than is currently the case. Grouse shooting on their land has served its purpose financially, but they now have a better offer.ย 

On 27/07/2023 at 11:35, HantsRob said:

Firstly, I'm all for conservation and protecting peoples rights and what not.

But.... am I the only one thinking if it's their land, I am not sure what anyone can do to change this if they've given notice to stop shooting on their land? I am not sure how much sway anyone will have to legally enforce a change, when they own from what I understand is only a small piece of land?

Is it really theirs though?ย  Was it gifted to them from Public ownership when they took over from North West Water and Norweb, if it was it is highly dubious why it was and why they needed the Shooting rights?

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Oh please! Come on, youโ€™re an intelligent bloke! Get a grip! It has nothing to do with shooting, or conservation!
That land and its birds existed long before the invention of black powder, let alone driven game shooting, when somebody thoughtโ€ฆ.โ€™Ohhhh! These are jolly fast birds! I bet we could charge a small fortune for shooting on this land!โ€™ย 
The birds will move elsewhere more suitable to their lifestyle, as will those involved in their upkeep, and UU will carry on regardless. THEY DONT CARE.ย 
I am fully aware of your frustration and commend your efforts, I really do, but they are efforts better spent elsewhere on those moors still tenable.
UU couldnโ€™t care less and they wonโ€™t until you can offer them a bigger pay check and more long term offer than is currently the case. Grouse shooting on their land has served its purpose financially, but they now have a better offer.ย 

ย 

Indeed

The head of Natwest bank didnt care 3 or 4 weeks agoย 

As i say - people move mountains Scully

I do spend 99.9 percent of my efforts elsewhere - to me its crazy that as a community we dont all just stand together and send a letter or email or twoย 

But i think "our" debate on this has perhaps ran its course - as im sure many are bored of reading our differing opinionsย 

9 hours ago, jall25 said:

ย 

Indeed

The head of Natwest bank didnt care 3 or 4 weeks agoย 

As i say - people move mountains Scully

I do spend 99.9 percent of my efforts elsewhere - to me its crazy that as a community we dont all just stand together and send a letter or email or twoย 

But i think "our" debate on this has perhaps ran its course - as im sure many are bored of reading our differing opinionsย 

Well if you want to go down that road, do you believe the two are comparable? Really?
If youย can get the BBC to report on this on nationwide news, and all the msm onboard so this reaches the front pages of the tabloids, then find someone who claims the UU decision to not renew shooting leases was based upon the opinion the CEO or the UU board are xenophobic and racist ( although why that would be reason to reverse their decision about shooting grouse on their land, I wouldnโ€™t know ย ) then the two cases might just be comparable and you may be onto a winner.ย 
Even if the board admitted they have banned shooting because they think killing birds for sport is abhorrent, what difference would that make? It is their land and they simply donโ€™t care. They care about making money for the company and its stakeholders, some of whom for all we know enjoy a bit of grouse shooting themselves. Who knows?ย 
I agree; I too find it very frustrating when the shooting community doesnโ€™t stand together, and weโ€™re steadily losing the fight bit by bit by bit, but there are causes worth fighting and causes which are lost; this is the latter.ย 
Thatโ€™s me done.ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Well if you want to go down that road, do you believe the two are comparable? Really?
If youย can get the BBC to report on this on nationwide news, and all the msm onboard so this reaches the front pages of the tabloids, then find someone who claims the UU decision to not renew shooting leases was based upon the opinion the CEO or the UU board are xenophobic and racist ( although why that would be reason to reverse their decision about shooting grouse on their land, I wouldnโ€™t know ย ) then the two cases might just be comparable and you may be onto a winner.ย 
Even if the board admitted they have banned shooting because they think killing birds for sport is abhorrent, what difference would that make? It is their land and they simply donโ€™t care. They care about making money for the company and its stakeholders, some of whom for all we know enjoy a bit of grouse shooting themselves. Who knows?ย 
I agree; I too find it very frustrating when the shooting community doesnโ€™t stand together, and weโ€™re steadily losing the fight bit by bit by bit, but there are causes worth fighting and causes which are lost; this is the latter.ย 
Thatโ€™s me done.ย 

ย 

Goodย 

On 26/07/2023 at 14:21, jall25 said:

ย 

Highlighting the potential loss of biodiversity with the loss of gamekeepers and shoot helpers

The loss of expertise in fire management and associated equipment

The loss of jobs and ways of life for many

The fact that no science has been followed and an "agenda" hasย 

The impact on the local rural economy

ย 

You are right.if we don't try,then how can we complain? It's always the same,the people who sit on their hands are always the ones to complain-to anybody except those who they should have.

23 hours ago, Scully said:

ย 

It has a lot to do with shooting.ask the people who have lost their renewal on a lease.ask the people who go beating, shooting,run the local pub,b&b,petrol station etc. Or even ask a non shooting true naturalist,for they will know the benefits that shooting bringsย 

58 minutes ago, Mr grumpy said:

ย 

It has a lot to do with shooting.ask the people who have lost their renewal on a lease.ask the people who go beating, shooting,run the local pub,b&b,petrol station etc. Or even ask a non shooting true naturalist,for they will know the benefits that shooting bringsย 

Give me strength!ย 

Iโ€™m talking about the decision to not renew shooting leases having nothing to do with shooting!

UU have obviously been perfectly happy to lease the shooting while it suited their needs, so it would seem they had no problem with shooting.
It obviously doesnโ€™t suit their needs or agenda any longer.ย 

ย 

Brian May possibly a new estate owner ย now also if thereโ€™s any truth in this:ย 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/92599588128/permalink/10159842682208129/

Now the reason for this probably really DOES have something to do with shooting. A land which will become full of all manner of predators and very little else; certainly no ground nesting birds anyhow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Didn't he once hire a deer stalker to stop the deer on his land ring barking all his trees?ย 

8 hours ago, Scully said:

Brian May possibly a new estate owner ย now also if thereโ€™s any truth in this:ย 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/92599588128/permalink/10159842682208129/

Now the reason for this probably really DOES have something to do with shooting. A land which will become full of all manner of predators and very little else; certainly no ground nesting birds anyhow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Didn't he once hire a deer stalker to stop the deer on his land ring barking all his trees?ย 

ย 

Yes he did Scully and he was outed for it

23 i think they culled on his land

ย 

Had another reply from UU toady - many of the same points but addressed to me this time

Replied again and copied in their Chairman this time tooย 

I am away for the week with someone who is high up for UU, first thing he mentioned to me is that โ€˜thousands of your lot have been writing to my bossโ€™. Even if UU donโ€™t reverse their ban on lease renewal we need to set an example of them, exposing their woke pandering as a warning to other land owners. ย 

Edited by WalkedUp

6 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I am away for the week with someone who is high up for UU, first thing he mentioned to me is that โ€˜thousands of your lot have been writing to my bossโ€™. Even if UU donโ€™t reverse their ban on lease renewal we need to set an example of them, exposing their woke pandering as a warning to other land owners. ย 

Well that cant be a bad thing can itย 

We just never need to be rude - no matter how passionate we are = and we need to highlight the loss of wildlife and jobsย 

I have also highlighted that we are a minority community and should be supported as so many of the other minority communities areย 

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ‘

I write to them allย 

MPs

Councils

We must keep making the think and realise they are accountable for their actions

Some may say i waste my time - but i do plenty in the day - and it only takes half an hour to do so

Better than sat watching the TV in my mind

4 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

โ€˜Need to set an example of themโ€™? What does that mean?
A โ€˜warningโ€™ of what exactly?ย 

31 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Perhaps a warning that they cant do what they like with their own land, or the grouse shooters will write them letters, that go straight in the bin ?

Quite. If people feel they have to write, then at least it needs to bear some relevance and logic.ย