Rescue dog.

samboy

1 hour ago, samboy said:

we will assess you and tell you what dog you can have. I don't think so. Will be looking elsewhere.

So, they take in dogs from broken homes/people who can't cope, and you're seriously expecting them to just hand over said poor mutts to anyone who turns up?

Don't think they would last long as a charity if they did that! Would you donate your hard-earned to an outfit that operated like that?

I had this as well years ago, I was happy to be assessed and they interviewed me, firstly they didn't think I could look after a dog as I worked 36 hours a week and then when I let slip about wanting a potential shooting companion who would be receiving better training than a lot of other pets she went mental about how they couldn't give a dog to someone so cruel and who would likely be beating the dog into submission. I have since had damn all to do with rescue centres

I never made myself quite clear. I don't mind being assessed but i took umbrage at them saying they would sort out a dog that would suit

me best. If i wanted a Mastiff i don't want to come home with a Yorkshire terrier. I've had 21 dogs over the years so i know a little bit about them.

And i've looked after them all as they should be looked after. So if they want to come to my house and check it out that is no problem but i'm

not being fobbed off with something they just want to get rid of. One rescue site even asked if i was prepared to take a sick dog on.

No i'm not, would you ?. I respect the comments made above but i hope this clears my earlier comment up.

On 08/08/2023 at 21:45, samboy said:

I never made myself quite clear. I don't mind being assessed but i took umbrage at them saying they would sort out a dog that would suit

me best. If i wanted a Mastiff i don't want to come home with a Yorkshire terrier. I've had 21 dogs over the years so i know a little bit about them.

And i've looked after them all as they should be looked after. So if they want to come to my house and check it out that is no problem but i'm

not being fobbed off with something they just want to get rid of. One rescue site even asked if i was prepared to take a sick dog on.

No i'm not, would you ?. I respect the comments made above but i hope this clears my earlier comment up.

Absolutely, but as much as they might deem a dog suitable for you, you also will have your own peramiters.

Don't forget, there assessment is probably set to make it idiot proof. It has to be because they probably get all sorts of idiots come for dogs who shouldn't even own a gold fish. Once they've met you and can gauge your not a idiot, I'm sure you'll have a pick of any dog you want. Don't take it personally as they currently don't know you from Adam.

49 minutes ago, Aled said:

Are you looking for a working dog? If so you would be better contacting Battersea, Black Retriever cross, and gundog specific rehoming sites as they do rehome dogs to working homes. 

Cheers. Aled

No just looking for a little companion. My dog working days are over as i'm an old boy now and my BeddyxWhippet is 14.