So it has rained and was even quite heavy in places!

TIGHTCHOKE

Why do normally quite sensible people bother to drive if their mental capacity cannot cope with some water?

I had a damned taxi driver stop at the exit from a roundabout this evening, dual carriageway on to roundabout. Dual carriageway off the roundabout and the **** just stopped dead!

Loads of other cars are crawling along while it rains. I have good tyres and brakes and my windscreen wipers work very effectively!

Even saw one clown with rear auxiliary (FOG) lights on in all the spray.

If you are scared of driving in the rain, DON'T bloody drive in it.

Gordon Bennett!

45 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why do normally quite sensible people bother to drive if their mental capacity cannot cope with some water?

I had a damned taxi driver stop at the exit from a roundabout this evening, dual carriageway on to roundabout. Dual carriageway off the roundabout and the **** just stopped dead!

Loads of other cars are crawling along while it rains. I have good tyres and brakes and my windscreen wipers work very effectively!

Even saw one clown with rear auxiliary (FOG) lights on in all the spray.

If you are scared of driving in the rain, DON'T bloody drive in it.

Gordon Bennett!

Gordon control yourself , you must allow that not everyone have drove in those conditions before such as youngsters who have just passed there test , then at the other end of the scale where the older ones ( like me )there reactions are not as sharp as it once was , with some it is not the case of being scared of driving in heavy rain it is a case where they are driving to suit the conditions , just remember if you live long enough you will be old one day and if you don't like the driving of other drivers then don't bloody drive  :lol:

Well it's raining steadily here in NW Kent/SE London, and I've been driving around for an hour for various purchases and nothing is different !!! Oh, except for the odd car going quite slow and weaving because the windows are all STEAMED UP !!! 🙄🤨

15 hours ago, marsh man said:

Gordon control yourself , you must allow that not everyone have drove in those conditions before such as youngsters who have just passed there test , then at the other end of the scale where the older ones ( like me )there reactions are not as sharp as it once was , with some it is not the case of being scared of driving in heavy rain it is a case where they are driving to suit the conditions , just remember if you live long enough you will be old one day and if you don't like the driving of other drivers then don't bloody drive  

Correct👍

16 hours ago, marsh man said:

Gordon control yourself , you must allow that not everyone have drove in those conditions before such as youngsters who have just passed there test , then at the other end of the scale where the older ones ( like me )there reactions are not as sharp as it once was , with some it is not the case of being scared of driving in heavy rain it is a case where they are driving to suit the conditions , just remember if you live long enough you will be old one day and if you don't like the driving of other drivers then don't bloody drive  :lol:

Really, I hope you are NOT the cause of an accident because you are OLD.

15 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

flooded ford crossings again :lol::yahoo::lol::yahoo:

Well I’ve been out this morning to collect something with the horse trailer and at one point I needed to cross the river on a main ‘A’ Road. I couldn’t even see the bridge! It was underwater somewhere in the middle of a half mile wide flood. Had to detour about twelve miles.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Really, I hope you are NOT the cause of an accident because you are OLD.

I don't class myself as a driver who never make a mistake and I doubt if there is a driver in the U K who never make a error , even the police , where not long ago we reported the police driver who was also a firearms officer drove in the back of the car in front and never reported the accident , now he is off the road and no longer hold a firearm , there are good and bad drivers in every age group and I find those who have been been driving for a few years tend to be some of the worst , drink and drugs now play a major part in driving and the best drivers in the world cannot avoid a driver who is high on drugs or drink decide to aim his or her motor at the next oncoming car which seem to be happening a lot this day and age , if the roads were that bad where it was dangerous to go out then I wouldn't but old people can cause accidents and so can just as many people at your age .          MM