Geert Wilders

ditchman

And too many entering the country using up services paid for by our workers and retirees who should come first but due to civil servants past and present dishing out taxpayers hard earned like confetti Would be nice to find out the amount of people drawing out of the system who have never ever worked those who come here by illegal means and high earners companies etc who sell here work here and avoid paying tax. The Gov. looked at how the US tax system which takes worldwide income into play and decided not to go this route how much tax are we missing out on from these companies etc On a side note N.I. is paid as percentage of wage which bosses also pay per worker at same percentage and as this is for pension then it means it is paid for like a private pension and should rise in line with inflation . I AWAIT FOR SOME ONE TO CORRECT ME ON THIS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, armsid said:

then it means it is paid for like a private pension and should rise in line with inflation . I AWAIT FOR SOME ONE TO CORRECT ME ON THIS

National Insurance despite it's name, actually gets paid into general Treasury funds (i.e not 'ring fenced' for pension, health, social services, benefits etc. which is what it was originally for).

Current pensioners payments are paid out of Treasury funds.  The UK has no equivalent of a private pension fund - known often as a Sovereign Wealth fund.  (Some) other countries do have a Sovereign Wealth fund, notably Norway, and it is truly HUGE (roughly $250,000 per citizen) as they have saved VAST sums partially from oil revenues to cover future pensions.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Pension_Fund_of_Norway

10 minutes ago, armsid said:

And too many entering the country using up services paid for by our workers and retirees who should come first but due to civil servants past and present dishing out taxpayers hard earned like confetti Would be nice to find out the amount of people drawing out of the system who have never ever worked those who come here by illegal means and high earners companies etc who sell here work here and avoid paying tax. The Gov. looked at how the US tax system which takes worldwide income into play and decided not to go this route how much tax are we missing out on from these companies etc On a side note N.I. is paid as percentage of wage which bosses also pay per worker at same percentage and as this is for pension then it means it is paid for like a private pension and should rise in line with inflation . I AWAIT FOR SOME ONE TO CORRECT ME ON THIS

Pensioners should get pension benefit proportionate to contributions. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

You can cut it whatever way you like but we are in a financial mess no amount of Tory bluster will sort it.  Fiscal drag, record levels of tax, increased debt, unfunded pension benefit increases, record nhs lists, crumbling schools

Best get labour in ASAP then, theyll sort it in no time with their money tree? 

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

National Insurance despite it's name, actually gets paid into general Treasury funds (i.e not 'ring fenced' for pension, health, social services, benefits etc. which is what it was originally for).

Current pensioners payments are paid out of Treasury funds.  The UK has no equivalent of a private pension fund - known often as a Sovereign Wealth fund.  (Some) other countries do have a Sovereign Wealth fund, notably Norway, and it is truly HUGE (roughly $250,000 per citizen) as they have saved VAST sums partially from oil revenues to cover future pensions.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Pension_Fund_of_Norway

Believe it or not I only found this out a few years ago.

I naively thought NI went into a pot where all government paid pensions came out of.

I was quite shocked when I found out it all goes in the same bin to be paid out from as everything else 🤦🏻‍♂️

:shaun:

On 24/11/2023 at 09:24, ditchman said:

as i said the far right is gaining strenghth and is not being reported until its in yer face.....Widers is seriously right wing...and i mean seriously....yet the Dutch are turning to him..

What is ‘far right’ these days?

Controlled borders, a proper immigration policy/system, freedom of speech, freedom to call a man a man or a woman a woman, a demand to the end of two tier policing etc…

And yet we see it’s the left being antisemitic  calling for the destruction of Israel. The left seeking to police language and remove any freedom to speech which disagrees with them…

Where we are now is not about left or right; it’s sane vs insane. 

On 24/11/2023 at 09:55, old'un said:

Don't think we will see a UK version of Wilders, can you imagine what would happen if someone in the UK came out with his proposals.

Farage, leading the Tories out of the wilderness, the election after next.

On 24/11/2023 at 14:36, Rewulf said:

An example.
A man comes to Holland as an asylum seeker in 2000, it doesnt matter where from or how , but he gains citizen ship and marries/has children.
18 years later , those children have a vote, are natural born Dutch citizens, and are highly unlikely to vote for any anti migrant party like Mr Wilders.

It is a matter of sociological fact that immigrants create a ‘safety blanket’ in the country they arrive in by having large extended families and as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I’m not anti immigration in the slightest, however, I crave an Australian leaning system - we need to be selective and have a limit.

What drove the Dutch vote was (surprisingly) the young vote - everyone worked out that there weren’t enough houses or jobs going around and adding extra bodies year on year wasnt in their best interests.

Whats frightening is the UK annual net immigration figures are nearly 5x higher than the Dutch and we’ve still not worked out what’s best for us as a country - and that dovetails with your point; who will this country belong to in the future?

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

What drove the Dutch vote was (surprisingly) the young vote - everyone worked out that there weren’t enough houses or jobs going around and adding extra bodies year on year wasnt in their best interests.

Whats frightening is the UK annual net immigration figures are nearly 5x higher than the Dutch and we’ve still not worked out what’s best for us as a country - and that dovetails with your point; who will this country belong to in the future?

Some of us, many in fact have worked it out years ago.

Unfortunately the liberal / woke / snowflake section have now taken over the asylum and we are on a steep downward slope.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Some of us, many in fact have worked it out years ago.

Unfortunately the liberal / woke / snowflake section have now taken over the asylum and we are on a steep downward slope.

It’s odd isn’t it. I know lots of people and deal with a lot of people in my job - okay in my job the people I naturally come into contact with are people of business who are at the coal face running businesses, employing people and ‘creating’ ie they are net contributors who in their own lives are busy and who make the country spin through what they do every day. However, everyone I come into contact with is saying the same thing.

The best I can make of the nonsense to hand is that the silent majority are too busy getting on with it (as always) and in the background the distance between normal working people and those in charge is widening.

Normal working people don’t have the time and resources to get involved in government ie if you have your head screwed on you are too busy running your own stuff to down tools and stand for any sort of election.

Conversely the people in charge / who hope to be in charge, tend to be career politicians from the get go and all are from a very narrow background.

I live in a conservative stronghold. Look at my ‘local’ MP, airlifted in by party HQ against the express wishes of the constituency. Just look at his CV - he’s never done a day’s graft in his life. He is a total local no show and he’d need a map and torch to actually find the town he is elected to represent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Burghart

Another worked example is the career civil servant Dame (yeah how did that happen) Sharon White who crashed John Lewis - just look on Wikipedia at her CV. She couldn’t run a bath. 

11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Believe it or not I only found this out a few years ago.

I naively thought NI went into a pot where all government paid pensions came out of.

I was quite shocked when I found out it all goes in the same bin to be paid out from as everything else 🤦🏻‍♂️

:shaun:

It's not just state pensions. All the Civil Service pensions, Forces Pensions, a lot of the NHS pensions, Police pensions and Local Councils pensions are paid out from current income. No money was ever put away to cover them. They were run like a ponsi scheme.

The reason a lot of Councils are going broke is because so much of their  income is going to pay the pensions of former employees.  The NHS pension bill is massive. 

A lot of it has been addressed now but we are still paying the historical backlog and will be for decades.

But we are far from alone, right across Europe the same problem exists in many other countries.  It is worse in some of them

6 hours ago, Vince Green said:

It's not just state pensions. All the Civil Service pensions, Forces Pensions, a lot of the NHS pensions, Police pensions and Local Councils pensions are paid out from current income. No money was ever put away to cover them. They were run like a ponsi scheme.

The reason a lot of Councils are going broke is because so much of their  income is going to pay the pensions of former employees.  The NHS pension bill is massive. 

NHS pension along with Council pension is fully funded it does not come out of the state pot. The majority of Civil service pensions particularly in non central dept's are also fully funded.

20 hours ago, armsid said:

Could you explain in plain English how these pensions are fully funded (source of income etc.)

Pension pots are paid into by the employees and they are administered the same as private pensions. 

8 hours ago, Kalahari said:

They aren't. The Civil Service pensions model is a financial bomb just waiting to explode.

David.

Mine is. Paid in as an employee of the CS and fully funded. 

20 hours ago, armsid said:

Could you explain in plain English how these pensions are fully funded (source of income etc.)

Well, it isn't all the same and so is complex.  best is to give a link to a page that explains it reasonably clearly and briefly

https://www.civilservant.org.uk/information-pensions-detail.html