Eagle goes missing

billytheghillie

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

Here we go again, golden eagle missing in the Scottish Borders, guess who they are pointing the finger at!

Why do you say that? The bird was on a tracker and has gone missing under suspicious circumstances is all i have read. Presumably there is something in the tracker that leads to suspicion. No mention of pointed fingers. 

15 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Then why does SGA get involved?

They are not involved. Simply posting a statement. It has some good advice. 

“Unlike other organisations, however, we are not going to convene a trial by media or trial by implication. Similarly, we will not label people criminals simply because something occurred within a geographic distance from their work. In no other walk of life does this happen.

14 hours ago, holloway said:

News report states there is evidence to support suspicious disappearance.   I wonder if we will ever hear the evidence ?

2 hours ago, old man said:

Possibly unlikely, never disclose the truth to derail a good story?

My guess is the tracker moved normally then stopped for a time then moved very quickly and then stopped and could not be recovered. No physical evidence to be found. 

7 hours ago, old man said:

Possibly unlikely, never disclose the truth to derail a good story?

That’s more likely. 
Either tracker has come away or been killed by wind turbines but they won’t ever admit that because it doesn’t help their pockets

4 hours ago, oowee said:

My guess is the tracker moved normally then stopped for a time then moved very quickly and then stopped and could not be recovered. No physical evidence to be found. 

Or it broke!  My money is on a Windmill which broke the bird and the Tracker. .

Edited by Weihrauch17

17 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

A lot of Windmills over a vast area.  

They would only need to go to the one where it stopped. 

14 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

They go for a easy target doesn't matter if its true or not , In the scottish borders it might never turn up a lot of barren ground nobody might look near for ages 

Who is they? 

Just now, Weihrauch17 said:

I did say if, I can't get my head round anyone killing such a magnificent creature.

I do not condone any such killing in the U.K., but you might feel differently if you witnessed an eagle carrying off your favourite Jack Russel as did an acquaintance of mine in South Africa..

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

I do not condone any such killing in the U.K., but you might feel differently if you witnessed an eagle carrying off your favourite Jack Russel as did an acquaintance of mine in South Africa..

Never heard of a Golden Eagle killing a dog in this country and if they did it wouldn't be personal just nature.