Recommend me…..

Scully

We use HP inkjets pretty exclusively in work for personal printers. They seem to be fairly decent and user friendly. Most problems we see are from lack of use as the heads / jets can dry up which will stop them from printing so I would recommend using it every few weeks at least to stop this.

If it is just for invoices and statements a black and white printer may be suitable? In which case I would go for a laserjet to avoid the above.

It seams though with printers you buy the ink and the printer comes free initially. The costs are recouped on subsequent ink purchases.

Brother printer - they just work - no drying out - and I have had £300 HP's etc (and that was 10+ years ago)...now using the cheapest version - also takes "after market" inks

Something like this

Brother DCP-J1050DW Wireless Colour Inkjet Printer | 3-in 1 (Print/Copy/Scan) | Wi-Fi/USB 2.0/NFC | Photos | Ink Included|UK Plug : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Edited by discobob

1 hour ago, paul87 said:

We use HP inkjets pretty exclusively in work for personal printers. They seem to be fairly decent and user friendly. Most problems we see are from lack of use as the heads / jets can dry up which will stop them from printing so I would recommend using it every few weeks at least to stop this.

If it is just for invoices and statements a black and white printer may be suitable? In which case I would go for a laserjet to avoid the above.

It seams though with printers you buy the ink and the printer comes free initially. The costs are recouped on subsequent ink purchases.

Thanks. Current one is an HP, but like you say, with infrequent use the inks dry up, and they ain’t cheap! 
Seems laserjet is the at to go. You’re correct, black and white would suffice. 
Thanks again. 
Thank you everyone, much appreciated. will have a think. 👍

Currently using a Canon Pixma after 20 years plus of HP printers,  Ink became so expensive tried another brand.  Have not been failed by the Canon yet.  Simple to use, simple to set up, has a scanner included (may be useful for your invoices etc) I w ould say its a good buy from a reputable company. Pushkin:good:

20 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Epsom printers - cheaper on inks using non branded.

Epsom for me too, bought in Tesco's for less than £50, operates via wi fi from our 2 phones, an I pad and a laptop. Also photocopies, which I use for making our own scorecards for the gang I shoot with. I get 3 colours and a black ink replacement for £10, but it seems very economic on ink cartridges.  It is around 8 years old now, but still going strong.