BBC news France and migrants

islandgun

"Why do the migrants want to go to England? It's for work. The answer, as I see it, is to forbid migrants from working in England without an employment contract. If the English solve this problem, then we'll have taken a big step," said Dubaele.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68505521

Highlighted the penultimate paragraph..... any thoughts ?

The hand out aren't helping ether!

As I understand it illegal migrants are not able to work legally. If they are then any company (the directors) employing them should be fined out of existence  and the migrants deported.

but that won't happen.

We cannot employ anyone without a right to work number. 1st fine is 15k and then increased to 60k. 

But going back to another topic, if you don't have a right to work just pinch it. 

Penalty, simple,  deport to home country. 

Just to add we have had a few try to get round it. They are reported and dealt with accordingly. (Not how I'd like but it's not my call)

Edited by Dougy

The big question  as far as I am concerned  is, were is the money coming from to pay these Traffickers. In the first place. 

Catch these Traffickers and someone  else will, take there place,

They are not coming here to work , they are coming to take over .its happening  in lots of countries 

We are been invaded  and no one is stopping. Them , this will encourage  more to come , these hotels they are staying in are been staffed with people who don't  even speak good. English. 

38 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

The big question  as far as I am concerned  is, were is the money coming from to pay these Traffickers. In the first place. 

Catch these Traffickers and someone  else will, take there place,

They are not coming here to work , they are coming to take over .its happening  in lots of countries 

We are been invaded  and no one is stopping. Them , this will encourage  more to come , these hotels they are staying in are been staffed with people who don't  even speak good. English. 

We used to have a decent hotel and steakhouse in Burton called The Queens Hotel. Now it's full of immigrants, druggies and dossers, soon to become a slum and likely to be demolished due to lack of maintenance. 

Edited by Dougy

i always thought they tried to get to britain because many of them speak atleast broken English. stands to reason if youre gona try and start again any the nature in which you started is illegal  so you cant seek "legitimate" aid being able to read and speak even slightly would be a leg up

Hello, we have given the French millions of ££££ssss enough to pay for more police to keep guard on the french coast yet more boats seem to cross every day, maybe they are in with the traffickers on orders of Macron, Continue de les envoyer !!!! i can hear Macron say !!!!

They want to come to Britain for several reasons;

1. As has been said above - English is reasonably understood in most 'source' countries
  2. The smugglers tell them they will easily get asylum residency granted, get legal assistance, get pocket money and hotel until asylum approved (which is basically true) and probably give them the contact details of suitable immigration lawyers (who are only to glad to help as it can be well paid).
  3. They are told that the UK has much the best 'welcome' - which is also probably largely true.
  4. They are likely to have relatives/friends/contacts already here
  5. The French have quite successfully made the refugee camps there VERY uncomfortable (muddy tented shanty towns) - whereas we give them decent accommodation

I entirely agree with the comment from @johnphilip above - where do they get the money to pay the smugglers (and the mobile phone contracts etc.)?

5 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I entirely agree with the comment from @johnphilip above - where do they get the money to pay the smugglers (and the mobile phone contracts etc.)?

A lot of it is done by debt. They don't pay the traffickers they owe them for the rest of their lives.  Like pay day loans

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

A lot of it is done by debt. They don't pay the traffickers they owe them for the rest of their lives.  Like pay day loans

Sorry but I find that so hard to belive . All these people with no ID . Thousands of them , in so many different  hotels throught the UK and Ireland. 

Were is the money coming from to buy all these Ribs outboards and life jackets  and fuel and the transport of all this to France. 

On 09/03/2024 at 12:41, dessyb said:

these are the new vikings only difference from the old is they dont come armed

Neither do that have a similar culture; at least the Danes and Norse of old were of Germanic stock as were the Jutes, Angles and Saxons. So it's not a close comparison.

On 09/03/2024 at 15:01, JohnfromUK said:

They want to come to Britain for several reasons;

1. As has been said above - English is reasonably understood in most 'source' countries
  2. The smugglers tell them they will easily get asylum residency granted, get legal assistance, get pocket money and hotel until asylum approved (which is basically true) and probably give them the contact details of suitable immigration lawyers (who are only to glad to help as it can be well paid).
  3. They are told that the UK has much the best 'welcome' - which is also probably largely true.
  4. They are likely to have relatives/friends/contacts already here
  5. The French have quite successfully made the refugee camps there VERY uncomfortable (muddy tented shanty towns) - whereas we give them decent accommodation

George Soros, probably.