Euros 2024.

Minky

2 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

When we where out yesterday i said to the wife maybe pop into a bookies and bet on Germany winning 3-1 good job i didn't  saved a fiver 

Yes he seemed unable to hold the ball punched it out most of the time and the Germans took full advantage of it 

It was looking a good bet when it was 3.0 by half time , then they went to pieces and were relying on the Germans to score for them , glad I ain't a betting man:lol:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

It was looking a good bet when it was 3.0 by half time , then they went to pieces and were relying on the Germans to score for them , glad I ain't a betting man

With football from Scotland  all you get is excuses afterwards better with the rugby 

Spain have looked the best team so far, followed by Italy. Germany were good, but their oppo were dire. All other teams have looked mediocre. Denmark v Slovenia on now,,,, scrappy start.

Main event for us English on in a few hours. Our performance needs to be solid and clinical 🤓

On 15/06/2024 at 06:50, Zoli 12 guage said:

that bald *** who represents jockland in the commons as he said so in a tv interview last week.

he's happy to take his pay in English currency though.

that **** tennis player is another.

c,mon the serbs,

Well,,,, England started really well, then came the second half struggle 🙄 Great teams grow into the tournament apparently 🙃 Well done Bellingham,,,, player of the match 👏 Well done to Serbia for making a great effort in the 2nd half 👏

I did smile the other night when the Scots fans were full of it and were right up for it.  Then it all went wrong and they looked so destroyed and put in their place.  Lowest of the pack.  STILL they're out there in the sun enjoying the matches.  Good on them.  look forward to better times.  They'll miss the horizontal rain and the freezing wind Still they'll be back home soon.

41 minutes ago, Minky said:

I did smile the other night when the Scots fans were full of it and were right up for it.  Then it all went wrong and they looked so destroyed and put in their place.  Lowest of the pack.  STILL they're out there in the sun enjoying the matches.  Good on them.  look forward to better times.  They'll miss the horizontal rain and the freezing wind Still they'll be back home soon.

I am sure the boys over the border can rely on our support as they will be the following day give us the same support :hmm:, joking apart , I had a holiday in Scotland once and I must say they were some of the nicest and friendliest people you could wish to meet and I did enjoy the holiday , the following year we went to Wales where the C L A Game Fair was , the game fair was alright , was it worth going all that way and spend a whole week in the Green Green grass at home ? , all I will say it was nowhere as nice as Scotland :lol:

I just watched the match between Turkey and Georgia.   what a fantastic game.  end to end flat out for 96 minutes.  None of this tippy tapping backwards.  It was full speed ahead and trust in the lord stuff. Brilliant.  I wish that we were as committed as either of these two teams were.

43 minutes ago, Minky said:

I just watched the match between Turkey and Georgia.   what a fantastic game.  end to end flat out for 96 minutes.  None of this tippy tapping backwards.  It was full speed ahead and trust in the lord stuff. Brilliant.  I wish that we were as committed as either of these two teams were.

I agree, it was a brilliant game to watch 😃 Best game of the tournament so far, including two of the best goals of the whole tournament,,,, IMO 🥳😆

I saw earlier that a large quantity of the see you jimmy brigade are arriving in Cologne to get ready for the game tomorrow against Switzerland.  Switzerland appear to be a strong and resilient team. Steve clark the Scotland manager tried hard to put the best foot forward. The jimmys seemed to be happy and as if they were at home in Cologne.   The rain was lashing down and the beer was free flowing. Good luck to them. They only need a win to succeed.  So come on the Jimmy's,  it's in your hands. Don't really want to see the jimmys trailing back home like drowned rats with their tails between their legs... again.

25 minutes ago, London Best said:

I really don’t care. 
I hate the ruddy game.

....and garlic......

...and foreighners...

..and strange food..

...and nancy boys..

..and............:lol:

52 minutes ago, London Best said:

I really don’t care. 
I hate the ruddy game.

25 minutes ago, ditchman said:

....and garlic......

...and foreighners...

..and strange food..

...and nancy boys..

..and............

25 minutes ago, London Best said:

People!

LB you are NOT alone...................:good:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

....and garlic......

...and foreighners...

..and strange food..

...and nancy boys..

and....... beef in any way, shape or form 🥳🍻😂🫠

1 hour ago, London Best said:

People!

Agree,,,, sometimes 🤦‍♂️😁

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

....and garlic......

...and foreighners...

..and strange food..

...and nancy boys..

🤣😃😁....... the garlic is the worst. It makes me heave.  One Christmas it was shoulder to shoulder in WH Smiths except for one area.  There were two Chinese students there.  Other customers would try to get a bit of space there but the vile stench of neat garlic acted like a sort of force field and the people sort of bounced off of it.  My previous neighbour used to cook it a lot.  The stench was like a curry shop .  Her husband used to come home from work and chew on a neat clove. Then he'd mooch off into the pub for a swift half and breathe deeply on people.   Eventually he got banned due to loss of trade from the customers.

Beef is good.   When not overcooked and morphed into the sole of a boot.  A bit of horse radish. nice.