• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ooooohhhhh i loikes that oi do ...:good:

how did you make the onion gravy ?

Cheated! 

Cooked the onions in the pan with the sausages, browned sausages lightly, then added the onions, and some Madeira wine. 

Cooked for 15 mins whilst the spuds boiled, then removed and added water and bisto best onion gravy powder 🤣… bloody nice mind! 

44 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey "Blonde Bangers"

Need more caramelisation please.

Crispy sausages are for sandwiches… lovely like this for sausage and mash! 

20 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Without wishing to offend - if I was served those sausages in a cafe/restaurant I would send them back.

Yes indeed, "blonde" was being polite, anaemic might be a better description, don't need to be crispy, just cooked and coloured to a reasonable degree.   :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Without wishing to offend - if I was served those sausages in a cafe/restaurant I would send them back.

I'd do the same, but,,,, some people like 'stewed sausages' 🤷‍♂️ ,,,, and lumpy mash 🤭

4 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'd do the same, but,,,, some people like 'stewed sausages' 🤷‍♂️ ,,,, and lumpy mash 🤭

mrs used to do sausages in a couple of tins of tomatoes.......it tasted really nice but the kids called it "dead baby stew"...:lol:

25 minutes ago, JKD said:

Must take them back to their "school days" and the awful food served up. Oh yes the "good old days"   NOT.   :w00t:

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Must take them back to their "school days" and the awful food served up. Oh yes the "good old days"   NOT.   :w00t:

Aah! Gritty chocolate sponge and fluorescent pink lumpy custard.

I remember it well.

I remember my mom cooking the Christmas turkey and stuffing it with sausages and stuffing, must admit I liked the blonde sausages that came out of the turkey.

Mind you I used to like cold Chitlins sprinkled with salt, vinegar and pepper, mates thought it was disgusting when I told them what it was. :)

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Aah! Gritty chocolate sponge and fluorescent pink lumpy custard.

I remember it well.

I used to like school dinners, chocolate concrete, rhubarb crumble...all with custard (non lumpy at our school) :P

1 hour ago, old'un said:

I used to like school dinners, chocolate concrete, rhubarb crumble...all with custard (non lumpy at our school)

TAPIOCA....aka..slimy.frogspawn.................totally and utterly disgusting filth.....and tasteless pink blamange...we used to call it "snotgobblit"

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

It was bloody lovely, similar to sausage in some sort of casserole, it’s meant to be like that 🤣🤣 

Bunch of bloody moaners 🤣🤣

Well we are 'BRITS' ,,,, moaners one and all 🤨🤠🤣

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Well after looking at Lloyds photos i partaked in buying some Tesco Bangers for a midweek dinner , not sure, Frying pan or Georges grill 🤔😀

Air fryer 👍

:shaun:

10 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Well after looking at Lloyds photos i partaked in buying some Tesco Bangers for a midweek dinner , not sure, Frying pan or Georges grill 🤔😀

Frying pan, forget about George 😆

23 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Must take them back to their "school days" and the awful food served up. Oh yes the "good old days"   NOT.   

Yes [NOT] indeed 😆 And those loosened salt/pepper/vinegar lids 🤦‍♂️🤣

Edited by JKD

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, seems i am the only one on PW yet to get one🤔

No you`re not OPP, I`ve not got one and possibly won`t be getting one either. Kitchen`s not big enough for more gadgets:w00t:

4 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

No you`re not OPP, I`ve not got one and possibly won`t be getting one either. Kitchen`s not big enough for more gadgets:w00t:

Oh dear, you two really need to think it through, I have an air fryer that sits atop the redundant cooker and a microwave next to it.

They have replaced ALL of the other "gadgets" you mention, hence, nice clear kitchen.

I have not used the cooker for several years.