ditchman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Did not see that, still looks like Labour will make it a free for all to come here🤔

Is it not already a free for all? Nothing will be done about it until it’s too late , if it already isn’t. Anyone who really wants to do anything about it is called a racist xxxxxxx joke. Too many soft ***** xxxxx in this country. Let’s hope it bites them in the **** first.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Did not see that, still looks like Labour will make it a free for all to come here🤔

Why? It's a free for all now.

Labour have a thought out policy that they can reason and justify? Creating new uk jobs by increasing processing staff seems to me a starter for ten. Enhancement of the border agency and a cross services task force to disrupt the gangs all sound like progress. 

Compare that with millions in bribes and payments to Rwanda and no flights out. Cutting services, changing policies every 6 months. 

Not for a moment saying that labour have all the answers but they would appear to be putting the building blocks into place. 

I doubt that they will introduce I'd cards, compulsory travel and health Insurance for visitors and tourists. I guess you can't have it all.

Edited by oowee

19 minutes ago, oowee said:

Compare that with millions in bribes and payments to Rwanda and no flights

Pretty sure every flight etc was blocked though. Good or bad idea it's past tense now, and we are only 3 days into the next stage of the circus that is British politics at the moment. Let's just see what does or does Not happen 

13 hours ago, oowee said:

Why? It's a free for all now.

Labour have a thought out policy that they can reason and justify? Creating new uk jobs by increasing processing staff seems to me a starter for ten. Enhancement of the border agency and a cross services task force to disrupt the gangs all sound like progress. 

Compare that with millions in bribes and payments to Rwanda and no flights out. Cutting services, changing policies every 6 months. 

Not for a moment saying that labour have all the answers but they would appear to be putting the building blocks into place. 

I doubt that they will introduce I'd cards, compulsory travel and health Insurance for visitors and tourists. I guess you can't have it all.

I very much hope it works like they've promised it will. If it doesn't and I suspect it won't, in 4 years time it could well be Reforms turn and I've no doubt their plan to replace the echr and if necessary, forcibly removing people back to France will. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I very much hope it works like they've promised it will. If it doesn't and I suspect it won't, in 4 years time it could well be Reforms turn and I've no doubt their plan to replace the echr and if necessary, forcibly removing people back to France will. 

I cant see it working either whilst we focus on the wrong end of the telescope. There will be more impact resolving some of the wars, pestilence and famine, creating the migration. 

I see Farage tipped as head of a new party 'Conform'?

On 07/07/2024 at 10:52, Raja Clavata said:

Interesting reading the swing in Labour votes from Muslim and Jewish voters, polar opposite reality to what a few have been stating as fact.

Unless you're Jess Phillips that is!

On 07/07/2024 at 10:52, Raja Clavata said:

Personally I don’t understand all the immediate hysteria around the new government, they need to be given time and are perfectly within their rights to consult with the likes of Blair.

A lot of people forget Blair managed to win an election, convincingly, *after* he invaded Iraq. 

On 07/07/2024 at 11:13, Rem260 said:

Have you not seen the new cabinet then ?

Milliband for energy will be an utter disaster as I've stated ad nauseum on this forum.  Not to mention Yvette Cooper promoted way above her competence at the Home Office - though maybe that's deliberate.  Apparently no veterans minister and so far no appointment for 'Women and Equalities' minister...

21 minutes ago, oowee said:

There will be more impact resolving some of the wars, pestilence and famine, creating the migration. 

Maybe we could stop funding a ***** proxy war with Russia then?  Be nice to stop creating grieving windows and mothers, on both sides.

A really easy win would be for the Home Office and the Foreign office to have the same list of 'safe' countries.  Apparently we can go on holiday to Turkey but can't deport convicted criminals back there?

35 minutes ago, oowee said:

I cant see it working either whilst we focus on the wrong end of the telescope. There will be more impact resolving some of the wars, pestilence and famine, creating the migration. 

Agreed on wars we've started, as for solving other countries pestilence and famine, that's really not the UKs tax payers issue to fix. If people turn up here trying to better their financial situation, they should be immediately removed back to France. I wouldn't say if we lived in a utopian society with none of our own homeless, poor, financially broken population. I don't believe the average politician has a clue how badly the average working person is struggling at the moment, either that or they just don't care. Either way, it's wrong to expect struggling UK citizens to pay for half the world's problems, the UK has more than enough of their own. 

2 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Unless you're Jess Phillips that is!

A lot of people forget Blair managed to win an election, convincingly, *after* he invaded Iraq. 

Milliband for energy will be an utter disaster as I've stated ad nauseum on this forum.  Not to mention Yvette Cooper promoted way above her competence at the Home Office - though maybe that's deliberate.  Apparently no veterans minister and so far no appointment for 'Women and Equalities' minister...

Maybe we could stop funding a ***** proxy war with Russia then?  Be nice to stop creating grieving windows and mothers, on both sides.

A really easy win would be for the Home Office and the Foreign office to have the same list of 'safe' countries.  Apparently we can go on holiday to Turkey but can't deport convicted criminals back there?

Ukraine is fighting for us. Our war with the Nazis was not Americas war. If the West were to be defeated then its likely China will take Taiwan. In which case we will all wish we had stopped Russia at the start of the Ukraine war. 

Edited by oowee

2 hours ago, oowee said:

sounds like a new rubber jonny

On 07/07/2024 at 10:17, Wilts#Dave said:

I wonder the same thing. 

Seemingly will never happen, the system is not designed for that to happen? Just enormous feasting at the trough with a huge amount of fun to be had.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Ukraine is fighting for us. Our war with the Nazis was not Americas war.

I call Godwin!

That parallel has more holes in it that Swiss Cheese.

The reality is, the war in Ukraine has reached a stalemate, positions are entrenched, and both sides are running out of cannon fodder.  Today's latest atrocity happened, ultimately, because the West is currently blocking peace negotiations, because there's too many vested interests in supplying materiele to both sides.

You reduce it to a simple Russians =Nazis , Ukrainians = good all you like.  People are dying needlessly.

As for Taiwan, that, again is up to the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave to de-escalate, not no 10.  Except of course the current occupant is too busy wondering if he can trust a **** & where his next ice cream is coming from.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Agreed on wars we've started, as for solving other countries pestilence and famine, that's really not the UKs tax payers issue to fix.

This is what our Development Aid budget is supposed to do, it used to be considered cheaper to build infrastructure in developing nations, than cope with their refugees.  Unfortunately, somewhere along the way the UK taxpayer ended up paying for sanitation/education programmes in countries with, famously, space programmes.

53 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I call Godwin!

The reality is, the war in Ukraine has reached a stalemate, positions are entrenched, and both sides are running out of cannon fodder.  Today's latest atrocity happened, ultimately, because the West is currently blocking peace negotiations, because there's too many vested interests in supplying materiele to both sides.

You reduce it to a simple Russians =Nazis , Ukrainians = good all you like.  People are dying needlessly.

As for Taiwan, that, again is up to the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave to de-escalate, not no 10.  Except of course the current occupant is too busy wondering if he can trust a **** & where his next ice cream is coming from.

This is what our Development Aid budget is supposed to do, it used to be considered cheaper to build infrastructure in developing nations, than cope with their refugees.  Unfortunately, somewhere along the way the UK taxpayer ended up paying for sanitation/education programmes in countries with, famously, space programmes.

you missed nuclear arms off👍😉

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I call Godwin!

I don't see a stalemate. Far from it. There will be no peace until Russia withdraws. There are no peace negotiations, blocked or otherwise. 

Attacking Taiwan is a matter for China. The consequences of which will even without US involvement would be world changing. 

28 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't see a stalemate. Far from it. There will be no peace until Russia withdraws. There are no peace negotiations, blocked or otherwise. 

Attacking Taiwan is a matter for China. The consequences of which will even without US involvement would be world changing. 

+1

1 hour ago, oowee said:

What a vile individual and a window into his soulless mind. He wants to prevent refugees and migrants from coming here, not because he believes they don't genuinely need help, but to prevent other legitimate political parties that he mislabeles as far right, from overtaking Labour. 

Could Blair stoop any lower, 🤢

Edited by 12gauge82

42 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

What a vile individual and a window into his soulless mind. He wants to prevent refugees and migrants from coming here, not because he believes they don't genuinely need help, but to prevent other legitimate political parties that he mislabeles as far right, from overtaking Labour. 

You only have to hang around to see how far he will stoop to?

Blair is getting alot of air time now.......he is spouting off on stage at one of his conferances now.................not a good optic as his puppet Starmer is not about.............

the new govt is becoming very strange ....wheels within wheels....secret agendas.....taxes all of a sudden being proposed............jeesus ...what is it going to be like and what are we going to be faced with in 4 weeks time......

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Blair is getting alot of air time now.......he is spouting off on stage at one of his conferances now.................not a good optic as his puppet Starmer is not about.............

the new govt is becoming very strange ....wheels within wheels....secret agendas.....taxes all of a sudden being proposed............jeesus ...what is it going to be like and what are we going to be faced with in 4 weeks time......

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Not quite sure that's what he is saying. Labour need to be strong on immigration otherwise they will be picked off by the far right. The far right having an anti establishment position rather than a policy for tackling the issue. At the same time recognising the contribution that migrants have and continue to make to the country. 

I like his recognition of the need to be part of a larger economic bloc to rival the challenge of the US, India and China. Also his suggestion of I'd cards which would tackle a lot of the false narrative around migration with the use of AI. 

1 hour ago, BRYAN3 said:

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

ahhh hahh.........someone else who can see what is happening..............now they have the feet under the table the desease carrying maggots are starting to wriggle before they hatch...........

i wonder how the true Labour are feeling about this...... a little uncomfortable maybe........

this is a Trojan Horse govt'..........god knows what it is going to turn into.................but whatever it will be ...WE WILL END UP PAYING FOR IT...with our money ...our independance.our demographic..and possibily our sovereignty.........there are some nasty little worms within, and attatched to Number 10...who will be forming dangerous pressure groups..

i am worried

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Not quite sure that's what he is saying. Labour need to be strong on immigration otherwise they will be picked off by the far right. The far right having an anti establishment position rather than a policy for tackling the issue. At the same time recognising the contribution that LEGAL migrants have and continue to make to the country. 

I like his recognition of the need to be part of a larger economic bloc to rival the challenge of the US, India and China. Also his suggestion of I'd cards which would tackle a lot of the false narrative around migration with the use of AI. 

Amended that bit for you so that it makes sense................................:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Not quite sure that's what he is saying. Labour need to be strong on immigration otherwise they will be picked off by the far right. The far right having an anti establishment position rather than a policy for tackling the issue. At the same time recognising the contribution that migrants have and continue to make to the country. 

I'm not sure how else you can take it. Tony Blair has warned Keir Starmer to “close off the avenues” of the populist right by keeping tough controls on immigration.

Blair is either saying he knows migrants have a genuine need to come here and make a genuine contribution to our society, however he wants labour to stop the victims of war crimes fleeing to safety for labours own selfish reasons. Or he's acknowledging that most migrants aren't really genuine anyway so he's going to prevent them coming to ensure Labour doesn't get ousted by what he labels as the far right (which is really a centre right party). 

Which is it? 

On the second point of EU relations, let's not beat about the bush or pretend he wants anything other than to rejoin the UK under full EU membership, whatever the cost. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ahhh hahh.........someone else who can see what is happening..............now they have the feet under the table the desease carrying maggots are starting to wriggle before they hatch...........

i wonder how the true Labour are feeling about this...... a little uncomfortable maybe........

this is a Trojan Horse govt'..........god knows what it is going to turn into.................but whatever it will be ...WE WILL END UP PAYING FOR IT...with our money ...our independance.our demographic..and possibily our sovereignty.........there are some nasty little worms within, and attatched to Number 10...who will be forming dangerous pressure groups..

i am worried

Perhaps best not to worry ditchie, it's all beyond our control for a reason? Democracy?😀

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Not sure that most of the boaties are of the persuasion of your personal opinion.