The long road back

oowee

Robert Jenrick has emerged as a front runner. A reasonable choice I think until I read. He would welcome Farage into the party, leave the ECHR and vote for Trump. 🤦‍♂️

Have they learnt nothing? Where has conservatism gone? Rule of law, honesty, fair play, decency. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Robert Jenrick has emerged as a front runner. A reasonable choice I think until I read. He would welcome Farage into the party, leave the ECHR and vote for Trump. 🤦‍♂️

Have they learnt nothing? Where has conservatism gone? Rule of law, honesty, fair play, decency. 

:lol:

On 03/09/2024 at 16:42, oowee said:

An interesting and different perspective. Looks to me that they are making good progress on much of the manifesto.

We have to hope they can pull somethinour out of the bag with the EU. It's not easy after all the garbage thrown over the fence in the last few years. 

Its good to see them in the driving seat as the party of law and order, whilst orchestrating the reins of fiscal responsibility. These are the the exact positions one might expect of a tory party of the past.

Unfortunately there is currently no tory party in the offing. With such a vast majority a government needs a working opposition to hold it to account. Currently the tories have no purpose and are being seen as stale and slightly weired. A position not dissimilar from that of the far right under the leadership of the orange man. Maybe with the right leader this can change but they need a reason to be. 

Until then I am sure we wish Kier well and his government every success. 

Please send me a few of your magic mushrooms. 😳

59 minutes ago, islandgun said:

😄 I'm not sure he will have any left

Don't need any. Whatever your politics Trump is a crook. If the best the Tories can come up with is a Trump supporter they have lost the plot. 

Think not? Then tell me why. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Don't need any. Whatever your politics Trump is a crook. If the best the Tories can come up with is a Trump supporter they have lost the plot. 

Personally the only good thing I can say about trump is that he didn't start any wars......yet, by all means lock him up👍

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Whatever your politics Trump is a crook.

Thats not strictly true is it ?
If youre a lefty, you will believe he is a crook, racist, homophobe, and likely leader of the KKK ect...

If youre a conservative, then he is going to be the saviour of the US, and ender of many ongoing conflicts.

I know what youre going to say 'Hes a convicted felon, rapist' ect ect, but many of the court cases the Biden administration have buried him under in the form of political lawfare, are slowly unravelling.
His NY 'fraud' case last week ended up (quite rightly) getting dismantled by a federal judge.
Many more of these cases will come to nothing, as the right thinking people of the US and abroad see straight through the lies.
Kudos to Jenrick for publicly stating his support.

On 05/10/2024 at 17:12, oowee said:

I wasn’t too keen on Jenrick but if he’s rebranded himself as an actual conservative now and these represent his intended position then he’d get my vote.

Realistically the Tory’s will go nowhere without a deal with Reform. Everyone has worked out the ECHR is a busted flush that in real terms serves no purpose other than to leave us saddled with illegal economic migrants playing the asylum card. And as for Trump, who wouldn’t want to make friends with the next POTUS - shrewd. And as for Trump being a crook, we’ve all watched the lawfare and those who can’t see the perversity of it are those who refuse to see. Biden is ‘gone’ now in every sense but the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop saga in the build up to the last election has to be the single greatest piece of media/ news manipulation and suppression ever pulled off. I digress.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

You might not need any? 😊 But I do.🙃

4 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I wasn’t too keen on Jenrick but if he’s rebranded himself as an actual conservative now and these represent his intended position then he’d get my vote.

Realistically the Tory’s will go nowhere without a deal with Reform. Everyone has worked out the ECHR is a busted flush that in real terms serves no purpose other than to leave us saddled with illegal economic migrants playing the asylum card. And as for Trump, who wouldn’t want to make friends with the next POTUS - shrewd. And as for Trump being a crook, we’ve all watched the lawfare and those who can’t see the perversity of it are those who refuse to see. Biden is ‘gone’ now in every sense but the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop saga in the build up to the last election has to be the single greatest piece of media/ news manipulation and suppression ever pulled off. I digress.

Maybe be best not to talk about crooks?

On 05/10/2024 at 17:12, oowee said:

Why on earth would we want to leave the ECHR? 😆

IMG_8629.jpeg

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

In cases like this, they should all go. She has harboured a criminal, and aided in his crime. 

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Round 'em up, put 'em in a field and ............................................................:cool1:

Both against their human rights gentlemen 😆

On 30/07/2024 at 08:56, Raja Clavata said:

I agree.

I think Cleverly would be a really bad choice, under pressure he has repeatedly lacked dynamic thought or at least the coherent articulation of thought. Ironic surname to boot.

Dont think much of any of them but hope its not Cleverly, the above post about sums him up…

2 hours ago, oowee said:

So this week the four candidates become three. It seems a very muted contest. Have the tories become an irrelevance? 

We need an opposition.  

Mm. The opposition may come from another quarter?

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I hope Labour is not in for 10 years 🤔, Wait till the Budget 🤔, I think people already regret voting Labour 🤔, well at least a few million pensioners 🤔

They don't count? Politicians maybe hoping for a real harsh winter to finish the job?

Meanwhile the hogs are lining up for the trough to open at lunchtime?

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I hope Labour is not in for 10 years 🤔, Wait till the Budget 🤔, I think people already regret voting Labour 🤔, well at least a few million pensioners 🤔

Hi could you have put up with the last party for another 5 years.

2 minutes ago, old man said:

They don't count? Politicians maybe hoping for a real harsh winter to finish the job?

Meanwhile the hogs are lining up for the trough to open at lunchtime?

Hello, If there is a real harsh cold winter there will be quite a few pensioners not make the Spring 🤔