Horseshoes ...again

Jonty

It was a bit of a wet miserable day yesterday so I started messing about in the shed with my welder and some horse shoes.  none of these are my own ideas - I've pinched them from the internet.  My wife has a horse, so every time the farrier comes over, he donates me a bucket full of shoes so I've got plenty of raw materials to play with.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Hello, Nice one Jonty, 👍, In many years Metal Detecting I have found a fair amount of Horse Shoes, some going back 100s of years, I remember seeing a small round table with a horse shoe base and glass top, Keep posting 👍

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, Gameking said:

Obviously, you need to make a PW Pigeon decoy with horseshoes, but carrying 25 might be a pain 🤣

I'll send you the goose decoy prototypes to test out 😀

24 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Very good stuff 

try these for ideas 

Those are amazing - but out of my league!!  I've hopefully got a forge coming soon - I'd like to have a try and bending some shoes and making the tortoise - thank you for sharing!

41 minutes ago, Shambam1962 said:

Brilliant work, they all look excellent, but my favourite is the crab 👍

Well done.

Thank you

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Marvelous, I love the crab particularly.   :good:

Cheers!!

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Nice one Jonty, 👍, In many years Metal Detecting I have found a fair amount of Horse Shoes, some going back 100s of years, I remember seeing a small round table with a horse shoe base and glass top, Keep posting 👍

Thanks OPP 👍

1 hour ago, wisdom said:

Love those Jonty I make stuff from horseshoes too.just finished a winerack for someone at work.

What are the spoons stainless?If so what rod did you use to stick stainless to steel?

Thank you. The spoons were from a charity shop and were very worn silver plate. I mig weld and just ground the pice I was welding before crossing my fingers that they’d stick - fortunately they did!

On 11/10/2024 at 17:23, sandspider said:

I like those! Would you consider selling the crab by any chance?

Thank you.  I'm not sure that the quality of the welding etc would be good enough to warrant expecting anyone to part with some hard earned cash though - it's pretty 'rustic'