Laser adjustment help

I borrowed one of those arrow laser shots from a friend as my scores have been below par lately. I measured out about 16 yards and attached a piece of paper on my gate with a large black dot in the center. I mounted the gun and fired the laser and was 3" low and about 4" to the left. I remounted half a dozen times with the same result. Now I don't know what to do and I wish I had left well alone. Has anyone used one and how should you interpret the result. Now I am thinking I need to raise the comb and increase the cast. Are the any instructors on here who could give me some advice. I have a 682 gold e.

Thanks

Acosta

Acosta, no doubt you will get replies from the fantastic knowledge base that this forum contains, unfortunately the only advice that I could give is as follows…… go and see a professional and have a gun fitting session! Now that you have down the seed of doubt it will only grow and grow. My view is, nip it in the bud asap with a gun fit. 

Agree with above, that seems like a huge gun fit issue. the comb height and cast issue maybe a factor....

Are you right or left handed and do you know what (If Any) cast your gun has??

A low impact point indicates a comb height too low.

Edited by BobbyH

• welsh1 changed the title to Laser adjustment help

Some years ago a friend and I, each bought one of these Arrow laser tools. They both gave similar results that you have. However, twisting the device within the barrel and doing the test again gave a completely different result and much more what we were expecting to see.

In my opinion they're not worth the money and you'd do better testing POA and POI on a pattern board and live testing on clay targets. 

14 minutes ago, BobbyH said:

Thats interesting!!

I have a laser in the shape of a 12g cartridge, is that the same as what your on about?

When i used/use this, every time it is straight and is true to my POI, every single time?

The Arrow gizmo is an aluminium tube with three spring loaded ball bearings at 120° to centralise it in the muzzle end of the barrel when you insert it.

There's a screw in fixture at the front of the tube, external to the muzzle, that contains the battery operated laser and a length of cable with a metal clip attached you put on your trigger finger.

When you mount the unloaded gun and aim it at whatever you want to check the POA on and touch the trigger it completes the electric circuit and the laser lights up and the beam hits whatever you're pointing at. 

In my experience no ‘gizmo’ will correct an ill fitting stock or correct an inconsistent mount. 
There are no quick fixes. If there were then we’d all be using them.
Having a few lessons with a good coach will pay dividends, then after that it’s just years and years of practice. 
Buying a gun with an adjustable comb will help, but that’s just the start.