RC Cartridges

I have been offered a bulk buy of RC cartridges. I used to buy the sipe's but gave them up when their price went throught the roof (200 a thousand). I have now been offered a pallet buy considerably cheaper than the usual, just wondered if anyone still using the clay and other game loads as I am making up a mixed pallet.

Regards starlight32

I have been offered a bulk buy of RC cartridges. I used to buy the sipe's but gave them up when their price went throught the roof (200 a thousand). I have now been offered a pallet buy considerably cheaper than the usual, just wondered if anyone still using the clay and other game loads as I am making up a mixed pallet.

Regards starlight32

I picked up a slab (250) of SIPE 6's from Trulock and Harris this Saturday and paid £53. :blink:

I never rated them before but tried a handful recently through a different gun and couldn't miss hence the purchase.

I'd gladly take a few off you starlight if you can get them at the right money. We shoot around Eye quite a lot, I don't know if this is handy for you?

Here's a piccie with a few woodies shot the following day with the carts referred to above.

PigeonSS.jpg

PW Topic is here

Edited by Whitebridges

Be very careful around 20 bore users Whitebridges. :angry:

FM :good:

Yo FM, all things yellow go in separate bag.and are quarantined. The biggest issues with safety is refusing the "You wanna try these missiles, they kill at xx range". People that except this generous and social offer, dump them in their pockets and in all in the excitement of a drive thread a 20 bore down a twelve. Old boys dont get caught ofcouse but with newbies it's a licence to blow their cocks off. There you go.

FM I've been around long enough to know what's what having witnessed a terrible **** up.

I like yellow 'cause at least you can see them and pick 'em up. I'd like to see a system where guage is matched to colour. Like Red 12, Blue 16, 20 Yellow, etc etc. There is enough red tape and ******** around the UK at the moment so once we get back to basics then let's think about pushing for some sort of cohesive, sensible options for the cart manufacturers. They would never think about sorting out a bit of a safety issue amongst themselves would they? I think the british firms should take the lead in this, meaning what is allowed to be imported should follow british colour codes (once established).

If they were half bloody clever they would use this issue as a way to stop overseas products coming in to the country?

Edited by Whitebridges

Be very careful around 20 bore users Whitebridges. :good:

FM :lol:

Yo FM, all things yellow go in separate bag.and are quarantined. The biggest issues with safety is refusing the "You wanna try these missiles, they kill at xx range". People that except this generous and social offer, dump them in their pockets and in all in the excitement of a drive thread a 20 bore down a twelve. Old boys dont get caught ofcouse but with newbies it's a licence to blow their cocks off. There you go.

FM I've been around long enough to know what's what having witnessed a terrible **** up.

I like yellow 'cause at least you can see them and pick 'em up. I'd like to see a system where guage is matched to colour. Like Red 12, Blue 16, 20 Yellow, etc etc. There is enough red tape and ******** around the UK at the moment so once we get back to basics then let's think about pushing for some sort of cohesive, sensible options for the cart manufacturers. They would never think about sorting out a bit of a safety issue amongst themselves would they? I think the british firms should take the lead in this, meaning what is allowed to be imported should follow british colour codes (once established).

If they were half bloody clever they would use this issue as a way to stop overseas products coming in to the country?

Best post I've read in a while. :angry:

When I was at a gamefair last year I was browsing around a reloading stand when one of the owners came up to me and said what's wrong with this 12 bore cartridge. I said is it because it's yellow? He said yes and said he wanted to get yellow 12 bore cartridges banned.

FM :lol:

Be very careful around 20 bore users Whitebridges. :P

FM :birthday:

it would be great if all manufacturers stuck to a colour scheme, but in the name of advetising they seem to do as they like! i shoot 16 bore only yet have english made carts in blue, rottweils's in green, saga in red, selliers in orange and paper case hull's in black! if i didn't shoot the one caliber i could see a recipe for disaster or at least a loss of fingers!!!

Best post I've read in a while. :good:

When I was at a gamefair last year I was browsing around a reloading stand when one of the owners came up to me and said what's wrong with this 12 bore cartridge. I said is it because it's yellow? He said yes and said he wanted to get yellow 12 bore cartridges banned.

FM :good:

• 3 weeks later...

yes i am a big fan of rc cartridges i think the sipe 32g 6 and 5s are great. i also like rc 20g t3 in 6s too.

i am just going to try out gameline 31g 6s this week as they are alot cheaper for the pigeons.

i tried the caccia 32g there ok and rc1 6s there ok but them sipe **** hot. ;)

dont mix 20g with 12g no matter what colour.

Edited by Ears

Well there we are, another successfull day pigeon swatting ;) Absolutely loved the RC Sipe fibre wad, considerably reduced amount of recoil compared with the plastic wad cartridges, but really hard hitting. The recoil definately is no comparison to the speed of these things. The colour, is silver and as I said before, is better than the worrying yellow, they're quite easy to spot, well, I found all the spent cartridges on the woodland floor. I can recommend these! :good:

Got to Agree with you all.

I shoot both 12 and 20 Gauge, I find the RC in SIPE for the 12 and T3 for the 20, some of the best cartridges I have used.

But yep you said it... BOTH are YELLOW.!!

So have to take extra care not to mix them up.

Starlight, I may be interested in some RC SIPE 6's, what sort of price would they be a Thou.

Hewey.

Edited by Hewey

I agree about the yellow cartridges being a bit of a danger. One of the guns on our shoot uses RC 4 ORO FIBRE 35g x 4's which are fabulous on high pheasants, but a bit tricky when shooting in company with his son who uses a 20 bore! Nearly had a nasty accident on one of our away days up at wigmore.

I don't know why but I prefer red cases, especially with high metal bases! Weird I know, and no logic to it :good: Got to be better than yellow though, which is an accident waiting to happen.

ft