Mens "jewellery".

Cranfield

Traser military spec watch, Celtic band engagement ring (been engaged for about 12 years now He, He He, must have an aversion to churches or registry offices), and a gold belcher chain I bought in Turkey some years ago.

Stopped wearing an ear ring about ten years ago.

The watch:

www.h3watchshop.co.uk/p/312/traserh3_watches/Traser_H3_Watch_|_Traser_H3_P6506_Commander_100_Titanium_Watch.htm

Rob.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the soft tissue that covers one's finger torn off by a wedding ring is called 'de-gloving'. You aren't recommended to wear any jewellery (except a watch) in the Forces, as fingers have a nasty habit of getting caught in hatches on ships, turret hatches on armoured vehicles and in other such unpleasant places.

I ware the Breitling B1, you cant get it new anymore. I bought it with my first "Real" bonus about 10 years ago, cost a chuffin fortune and my misus went spare. I have it on all the time. Never let me down. money well spent. I could sell it today and loose about £100.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q244/ra...pg?t=1201211878

Dont tell LB, he will have it orf me wrist before you can say lend me another Ferret please. :good:

Edited by ShaggyRS6

I follow these rules:

http://www.bartleby.com/95/34.html

In your jewelry let diamonds be conspicuous by their absence. Nothing is more vulgar than a display of “ice†on a man’s shirt front, or on his fingers. There is a good deal of jewelry that a gentleman may be allowed to wear, but it must be chosen with discrimination. Pearl shirt-studs (real ones) are correct for full dress only, and not to be worn with a dinner coat unless they are so small as to be entirely inconspicuous. Otherwise you may wear enamel studs (that look like white linen) or black onyx with a rim of platinum, or with a very inconspicuous pattern in diamond chips, but so tiny that they can not be told from a threadlike design in platinum—or others equally moderate.

Waistcoat buttons, studs and cuff links, worn in sets, is an American custom that is permissible. Both waistcoat buttons and cuff links may be jewelled and valuable, but they must not have big precious stones or be conspicuous.

A watch chain should be very thin and a man’s ring is usually a seal ring of plain gold or a dark stone. If a man wears a jewel at all it should be sunk into a plain “gypsy hoop†setting that has no ornamentation, and worn on his “little,†not his third, finger.

I wear a wedding ring and a watch.

The ring is platinium, the third hardent element on the planet. I completley bent it out of shape when climbing over a gate to retrieve a shot pigeon and caught it on the gate and fell off. I broke my little finger and my ring finger was really swollen. I refused to let the nurse cut it off at hospital but it was sent away to be repaired when I could get it off.

I wear an Omega Seamaster Professional Divers Watch or CWC SBS divers watch if I am am working. I had wanted the Omega for a while and saw one in a sale with £300 off so could not resist.

I want a Rolex Sea Dweller now but don't have £2930 spare!

Harry

Having the soft tissue that covers one's finger torn off by a wedding ring is called 'de-gloving'. You aren't recommended to wear any jewellery (except a watch) in the Forces, as fingers have a nasty habit of getting caught in hatches on ships, turret hatches on armoured vehicles and in other such unpleasant places.

Been, seen, done, T shirt so to speak. I now wear a silver(very soft) Celtic wedding ring and a silver wrist chain, but never at work.

Used to have my ears pierced but no longer wear them.

Have two seikos and a zeitner silver braclet watches(i have a thing for watches :oops::good: ) Silver curb chain bracelet on my right which my ex bought me for my birthday in 2003, and two rings that i no longer wear.

Silver necklace which my sister bought me for videoing her wedding :)

Oh yeh and i got my tongue pierced but no-one can see that if i don't want them too :yes:

I was talking to a chap today that had one of those very large chronograph watches on.

It was definitely an expensive one and extremely chunky.

Personally, I don't like to wear any "jewellery and only have a very thin watch, no rings, chains, medallions, etc.

I find things on my fingers, or hanging round my neck, an irritation.

As for anything that means putting a hole in my skin, forget it. :)

I must stress that I have no objections to what other people wear , except for a reservation about facial piercings. :oops:

What "jewellery" do you wear ?

I did wear a gold ring once until a bit of welding splatter stuck to it and heated it up instantly and put a large burn around my finger. Also my dads friend jumped of the back of his lorry and his got caught on a nail sticking up from the bed and it ripped his off :yes: I also dont own a watch then ive got a good excuse why im home late from shooting AGAIN :good:

when i was a very very young girl .

i would not go out with anyone who was not pierce from head to toe or cover in tats. but that was just to annoy my dear old mum and dad .and guess what it did :good::oops: .

as i got older i got fed up with going out with someone who look like a pin cushion . and who always look better in make up then me :).

(plus my mum and dad got wise to me .so my fun of shocking them did not work anymore :yes: )

so i move on to men in suits . met a lovely bank manager called andrew .

now he always dress nice . would have a watch and cufflinks. but there was one thing wrong with him. hes hands . now that is my biggest turn off .

a man with clean perfect hands .whos nails look like they have been polished .

i like to see a man with hands that look like they have seen a hards day work .

so it was bye bye mr bank manager . o there were other reasons to why he had to go but am a lady and will not tell :lol: .

their were a few more gentlemen afterwards with piercings .most of which were in there ears :yes: .

but then i met sweepy .who is untouched by any foreign objects(apart from two tats )and hes got lovely rough hands .and both my parents think hes the bees knees . so it all worked out well in the end. for all of us

xxxxxsuzy

p.s really must cut down on my coffee intake .

I have all the chains, largest one over 6 oz's, but don't wear any no-more.

When I was a welder on the tools a large lump of slag went right through one of my chains fusing it to my neck- Never again.

As for watches I have a Rolex I picked up in saudi- and I have noticed it seems to have a new home on my son's wrist.......

Justr a watch and an NZ necklace thing my sis brought back for me. It's supposed to keep you safe when travelling over water and, as I wakeboard and am still alive, it works, so I am loathe to take it off.

When I was married I wore a wedding ring for about the length of time the drill crew took to explain about the people they had seen lose fingers thanks to rings. Never since, unlikely to in the future, even though I had considered doing when I tie the knot with my fiancee.

apbuild... Nice watch mate. Good price too. That's something I can see myslef going for when my current watch (15 years old and _still_ going strong) quits on me.