Walking/work boots advice please

dusk2dawn

Ive got a pair of Brasher Fellmasters (the fabric ones), had them for about 3 years,worn them most weekends for fishing and although theyve lost an eyelet or two their still really comfortable, and completely waterproof as the goretex lining is still sound. I paid £55 for them from Mountain Warehouse and have got to say for what I want them for they are spot on. The main reason I got them was the sole, its pretty flexible, so comfortable over fields and on the bank and has good, no scratch that Excellent, grip in the mud. Theres better boots out there for really bad terrain but for the fields in winter or summer I reckon they take some beating

I have four pairs of Meindl boots. Two pairs of combat boots that saw me through several years of life in the Forces (that I still use), a pair of Burma Pros (which are more comfortable than slippers...) and a pair of Glockners. Meindl are worth the investment, and still cheaper than Danner.

I used to work for an climbing/walking/mountaineering supplies shop, and we sold a lot of Brasher boots. Mainly to the beardy-weirdy rambling brigade. I don't rate the Brasher brand for serious outdoor work. The Meindl (Burmas) boots sold to people who actually used them in daily life (soldiers, foresters, keepers etc). I would vote for Meindl any day, but Danner are very good.

Thanks for all the advice I bought a pair of Meindl Burma Pro,s today from "Pack Your Bags" in Tun Wells for £119 good outdoor shop and very helpful, just round the corner from Chris Potter Guns, they also threw in a good pair of walking socks, well pleased so might just wear them to the Kent show tomorrow if its not chucking it down(dont want to get them muddy do I) :hmm:

:good: D2D