Ernyha

new to the flock

:P Well i,m on line at last to keep an eye on you all.

Had an eventful trip with my seat being taken and then trouble getting through Canadian customs.

NT is looking after me and making my mouth water with the promised shooting to come.

Flat well stocked with booze so no time to hang around chatting to you lot. :angry:

Spent my first afternoon being driven around Canada by NT sorting out my necessary paperwork to shoot.

This evening we togged up and went down to the creek at the bottom of the "garden" where i am staying to shoot ducks. When we got out of the car NT handed me a pump action 12bore and some cartridges and he loaded his 20 bore.

He had spotted 5 ducks on the water and we crept up to them. He fired a shot as they took off and they were gone. He shouted that 2 of them were coming back round and I looked up and they flew high towards me 30 yards out on my left.

I swung through and pulled the trigger.

Both ducks fell. :/

First shot with a pump action and first shot with a steel cartridge 30 gram 4 shot.

Unfortunately that was it even after he set out the decoys and we waited till it got dark but am I chuffed or what? :P

Roast duck tomorrow night. :angry:

its a shame you dont have time to fly west ern , could take you out this side of the park,those east coasters dont stray to far from the house without a pc of string tied to them (fear of getting lost or becoming a member of the liberal party ) , :angry::P boogey men could eatem up :/

to quote

"

This evening we togged up and went down to the creek at the bottom of the "garden" where i am staying to shoot "

seriously though "nttf " treat him well and make him wanna come back ,

have a good time ern and good luck with the hunting

martin

Last Engineer

Most of us can wander around without a compass and still find our way home again, I see that you still have not been able to find your way out of one of our western provinces back to Great Britian. Would you like me to send you a GPS unit to find your way home. :/ As for liberal party most of us learned that lesson back in the Truedu years.

Quick update, Ern stole my favourite duck gun for that shoot, and then proceeded to break the shower in the flat.

Just back from town with the parts to fix it up. :angry: Keith sound familiar?

Please note that NT wrote this post while my back was turned. Anyway the shower unit needed fixing anyway. :P

Last Engineer

I see that you still have not been able to find your way out of one of our western provinces back to Great Britian. Would you like me to send you a GPS unit to find your way home. :/

:/:D not too sure on how i'd wanna go back ,(in a box if the ex has her way ) still got to make her happy ,, mucho $$$$$$$$ there you go :(

hope erns having a good time there " leave some game for us ern " :angry:

too busy in the east for me ,i like the

LAID BACK WAYS OF THE ALBERTAN REDNECK

4X, GUN, DOG, AND PLENTY O TIME :P

martin

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update, Ern stole my favourite duck gun for that shoot, and then proceeded to break the shower in the flat.

Just back from town with the parts to fix it up. :) Keith sound familiar?

B) Two days later the hot water tap fell off. These foreigners don,t make their gear strong enough for us Brits. :<

On a more serious note, I am on holiday nearly 4000 miles away,which I thought most of you knew, with a 5 hour time differance, using a borrowed pc with the kind permission of my hosts (NTTF,s in laws) and obviously am not on line nearly as much as when at home.

Nevertheless today I have received PM,s from members complaining about certain posts in a topic,some of which I have deleted and one from one of our sponsors complaining about an advert which appeared over a month ago.

I am sorry if I am not giving PW as much attention as I normally do but I am enjoying my break and intend to do so until my return on Saturday.

It is now 12.30 and i,m off to bed with my glass of red, goodnight. :huh::lol: