tommorow

MM

hahahahah, how do you know she was local? :lol:

first thing i did, was get home and call my in laws. with all the lines being tied up, you think the worst. they live miles away in florida, but my father in law in a new yorker. i sat and cried like a baby that night. ******** :good:

i was fitting a boiler as usual... heard it on the radio... 1st report was a bit sketchy, then sadly, as each report came in and the radio show stopped and became a full blown news report i realised how serious it was.... when i got home and stuck sky news on i was horrified.....

hope nothing like it happens again....

I was 12 and still in high school, i remember hearing the cleaners say somthing about it when i was walking out after a detention then got home and saw it on every chanel on tv

i woke up from a rubbish night shift to see this on the tv was shocking , i was glued to the tele for most of the day

I was sat at home watching fox kids when it switched with a news flash to fox news .......

I was working as a milkman at the time, the following morning was strange (couldnt spell eerie),

Couldnt put my finger on it to start with, then stopped for usual cuppa T about 3am, on hill over looking city and realised how quiet it was.

Realised that there was no planes flying and the silence..........

well it will live with me always the images and the silence.

I was at school and my art teacher walked by and she said World war 3 is about to start I said why and she said America is under attack. And as I turned on the telly at school the 2nd plane hit the other tower.

Phoned up my Uncle and Auntie in New York they lived 20 miles away from the towers and they said they could see the smoke from there house.

May we remember.

Edited by dustyfox

It was my daughters 2nd birthday. We had a huge party planned with all the relatives coming round. Kind of a poor birthday party for her once someone mentioned what had happened and the tv went on.

A very sad day. She's 9 tomorrow and again, relatives will be coming round and I just know the conversation will turn to this tragic event.

I watched it on the plasmas at a Regus at Liverpool St Station surrounded by Yanks who worked in the financial sector and who couldn't work out if it was a media stunt / prank. I remember that everyone left London and Canary Wharf almost immediately fearing more co-ordinated attacks.

I had been to the top of the twin towers and been in the below ground shopping complex. It's the scale that lost on the telly - they were F-off landmark buildings with a mini Lakeside underneath them.

has anyone here been before, or after?

I have yet to visit NY but it's one of my plans. I would like to see and pay my respect to those there that day.

I have been to New York a good few times before but not after, been up the Twin Towers and the Empire State etc.

I hear it has changed beyond all recognition, not only because of 9/11 but the tidying up that happened before.

A friend of mine from Jersey keeps trying to get me to go over, and I will again sometime.

My parents have a picture of us on the Circleline with the Twin Towers still being built in the background - how scary is that :good:

I was erecting balconies on a tall building in Enfield when one of the residents shouted out of the window what was happening, they were terrified that their building would be next, we went to the roof to watch canary wharf but obviously nothing happened but we did notice a lot of fighter planes overflying London. I have since visited ground zero whilst in NY, the size of the hole has to be seen to be believed its more like a quarry. Everyone you speak to there has a story to tell.

Was working just outside Barcelona at the time. Went straight to the nearest bar to watch it on tv, the whole place was silent, as people watched in disbelief.

Except for the barman, who had an obvious dislike of Americans, and everytime they showed the planes hitting the towers he would ring a bell and shout OLE!!! :good:

i was on hols in magaluf it was my first time abroad.i remember walking down the strip and all the tellys were on the same channels we thought it was just a film everyone wanted to watch we only realised when we went into a bar for a beer what had happened. i tell ya it was scarey getting onto a plane about 3 days later.....police everywhere with machine guns