What`s your favourite......

henry d

I`m cooking a curry tonight and as she likes a chicken Tikka masalla, that`s what we`re having.

I much prefer a lamb rogan josh, as I think it suits the tase of the lamb and I love red peppers with it MMmmmmm

As for side dishes a nice aloo saag some vegetable bhaji`s with lime pickle and raitha popadums and chapatis of course.

Sooooooo what`s yours ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curries out... then Lamb Tikka Masala or most spinach based dishes (mains or side dishes)

If eating in - home made - then my Port of Spain pigeon curry (in our PW recipe section) which is based on a recipe I learned from my days living in Trinidad capital of "Port of Spain", happy days!

I'll find the link and add it in later....

>>> my Trinidad curry <<<

Edited by malkiserow

Curry is such a personal thing but I find there is so much variation depending on the source, its almost impossible to choose a dish thats 'safe'. 20 years ago, it was a place called Aramintas' and my staple diet in this establishment was Chicken Korma, Pilau Rice and Onion Bhajis.

These days, my favourite establishment is now called the Indian Garden and my staple here is as follows:

Appetiser

Poppodoms

Mango Chutney

Coconut Chutney

Starter

King Prawn Puri

-or-

Sheek Kebab

Main

Chicken Tikka, Mushroom Rice

-or-

Korai Chicken, Pilau Rice

Sides

Onion Bhaji

Sag Aloo

Plain or Keema Naan

Dessert

Never make it this far

Chicken Jalfrezi, sag Aloo, Bombay Spuds, with a small amount of boiled rice (with fennel seed,s cardamon & turmeric in) and a plain Naan all made by myself from scratch since I don't like the jarred version's they contain to many extra's and taste nothing like the real thing IMO. And of course all washed down with a nice pint of you favouritre brew :yes::rolleyes::good:

Ah that's easy - lamb bhuna with fresh green chillis.

The chillis lend a warmth to the sauce (which should be good and thick) and if it's done so that the lamb is meltingly tender there are few dishes (even the more sophisticated/unusual ones) that can better it.

Goodness I'm hungry... :rolleyes:

Oh and a lovely saag chana on the side, with lots of fried garlic - all mopped up with a fluffy naan... :good:

LS

Lamb Kybery with green chillies added. Minty deliciousness!!!

I keep trying to have something different form the menu but as soon as I see it I've got to order it.

My dog is called "Rogan" - guess what popular dish my wife likes??!? :rolleyes:

Edited by Piebob