Must be Mad!!

sussex lad

Popped out last night for a spot of lamping......

DSCN2531.jpg

Me and James(Skippy) enjoying the snow :good:

DSCN2526.jpg

Lamping in a blizzard is not easy!!!!

DSCN2529.jpg

The nights bag, 2 fox, 1 dog, 1 vixen and a 12 rabbits.

Not bad considering...

DSCN2535.jpg

And Nick(Dunganick) doing his north face of Everst mountain climbing impression :good:

Not really, he was building a snowman...... AHH BLESS!!!!

good evening out by the looks of it,I too was out Monday,Tuesday evening through the snow fall,but unlike you pair I was on foot so keeping warmer!!!!!!

Loads of tracks of Charlie but not a sign,even found tracks Tuesday evening just on dark of Charlie stalking a pheasant but still no eyes to aim at and that wind started to take the fun out of the evening.

Last night had a better result no snow as it had melt down here in Cornwall with the rain yesterday but again that wind had teeth that nibbled at my ears and fingers,but all was forgotten when on arriving at the first sheep farm and wandering through the yard to the lambing fields to be met by Charlie sneaking through the yews and lambs.

I took the fun out of his evening with the 270 at about 100yards ,but on entering the field and shining around found another sat 2 fields away looking straight at me and too far away for a shot,so off I set after him,luckily he was upwind of me and didnt seem to bothered or so I thought.On arriving at the gate all I found were yews and lambs the sod had done a runner and I couldnt find him anywhere.

Oh well on to the next farm,a strong North Easterly made it hard work to see anything as the wind was blasting the sleety rain in your face but my boy was tagging along with the rimmy in the hope of a bunny or two,surely we wouldnt see any of them on this ground in these conditions,but low and behold the drilled field was littered with them,Oh well time the boy had a go,first bunny 50yards stone dead and the second,thoughts now of I might have to stop bring him sprang to mind!,then to cap it all he takes the ;last bunny at 110 yards.Shame I didnt take the camera I thought,that was it for me last night.

Out this morning to be down on the farms at dawn to catch the odd Charlie wandering back to the woods,out the door to the landie to see sleet all over the windscreen,Ah well I'm going anyway I thought.

Down on the farm the wind numbed your face and hands within minutes and a fruitless morning was had,nothing about on 3 farms,time to retreat home and light the fire as it was starting to snow again.

On the way back I heard that the A30 had been clobbered with snow and from the high ground you could see it all over the moors but it seemed to of petered out around my home.

Just looked out of the window upstairs to be met by a bright shiney moon,so they'll be hungry again tomorrow night,can wait.

happy hunting to you all,

Keith