Who are clayshooters and where do you shoot?

Jazzie

Every weekend without fail at one or two of the following: Braintree, Essex Shooting Ground (Copfurn Wood and Three Acres), JJs, Hawley, Dartford SG being the regular haunts.

Away day trips to grounds that only throw quality targets [© Catamong] once in a while, and of course the annual pilgrimage to the Essex masters, Essex club shoot and Mays of London.

......nothing that anyone in the CPSA would have heard of of course.

I only clay shoot...... have been shooting since sept (although only 3 times since Jan 1st!!!! ouch!)

shoot at West Kent, Dartford SG, JJ's & have shot once at Willow Farm (Tenterden)

Jazzie.... would be interested to know what is the best (friendliest & not too busy) west of London around the Marlow, Bucks area... as the in-laws live over that way & I am thinking of taking myself off shooting when I visit in a couple of weeks time...

Southdown, Horne, Wylye Valley, JJ's & Dartford occasionally, Beretta World @ Meon, Essex Masters with a good sprinkling of other PW reprobates

all ESP

must get to Fareham this year on one of the rare days they are not Trap or Skeeting

Well, let's see, how about West London, Hornet, RBSS, West London Sporting Targets, 4 Counties, Southern Counties, High Lodge, Kibworth, Kegworth, Doveridge, Hepworth Hall, Northampton, Southdown, Horne, Barrow Heath, Westfield, Weston Wood, Kingsley Moor, West Midlands, Wylye Valley, Worsley Grunge, Drayton Parslow, Grange Farm, Staverton, Dartford, Bisley, The Shooting Club.

I've shot all these grounds plus a few others I've probably forgotten about over the last couple of years.

I used to shoot Valley View, 'cos it's on my doorstep, but since "Aggro" Payne made it a "score it yourself" shoot, I've not been back, 'cos it was simply amazing how many 100 straights were being shot at the ground..!!

Cat.

I shoot ESP and a bit of Skeet at Newnham Park Shooting Ground near Plymouth, also I've Shot ESP at Ashcombe Shooting Ground near Dawlish in east Devon. For the first time this year i am entering the Beretta World Sporting Championship at Meon Springs in Hampshire,which should be interesting :hmm:

I've only been shooting for a few months so I've only shot at my local ground, Hereford & Worcester Shooting Ground, near Redditch. It's a mostly sporting layout with a couple of skeet stands, a nice mix of shots, and a beautiful setting. Now I've got my SGC I'm hoping to shoot a few different grounds, but obviously nervous about shooting somewhere I'm not used to the layout.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to have a go at some vermin/live quarry in the future.

Rhiannon

That's the attraction of Sporting for me. Different layouts, new grounds etc. Variety is the spice of life an' all that.... :hmm: I really look forward to trying new places.

I'll probably be the same when I have a bit more confidence. I've only been shooting for 5 months (trying to get out every 2 weeks but not always), so I still lack confidence. Stupid really as I know I'm not a bad shot - just not as good as I think I should be.

Rhiannon

I shoot clays 2 or 3 times a month, depending on the season. Regular haunts are Humberside Shooting Ground at Brandesburton, Park Lodge nr Snaith, Monckton nr North Newbald and Cottondale nr Staxton.

I also venture over the Humber Bridge to Barton, Pinewood Shooting Ground nr Gainsborough and Kirton Lindsay. On my travels have done Worsley Grange and Dovey Valley, I like a bit of variety and mainly shoot ESP, skeet and FITASC.

Used to shoot a lot of local charity farm shoots but only a few are still going due to insurance/ foot and mouth / lack of interest.

Still can't hit them though!