HGV question

Breastman

Ok, so when driving down a dual carriage way and an HGV decides to over take another HGV, are they;

A/ Taking turns in each others slipstreams to save diesel

B/ Being a d!ck and wanting to do 59mph when the other guy is doing 57mph

C/ Just p!$$ing of car drivers by taking 5 minutes/2miles to over take for a laugh??

Its fast becoming my #1 driving peeve!! :hmm:

Mark

I thought this until I drove a 7.5t at the weekend with a limiter and it was the most anoying thing I've come accross when driving, kept catching lorries on uphill sections then not being able to pass on the flat. If its annoying to follow its even more annoying being restricted to it :hmm:

the problem is different lorrys are restricted to different speeds my DAF was 54mph but the merc was 56 mph and when you are following another lorry you keep catching it up so you pull out to overtake but them you have full force of the wind so go past about 1mph faster, it is not to p!ss anybody off it is just to get to your destination a bit quicker ie in a 56 mile jouney you could be there 5-10 mins quicker and when you have time regs to stick to 5-10mins can mean the differance between breaking the law and not.

people who complain about lorrys should get behind the wheel of one it would soon shut most of them up

Ha Ha I drive a DAF XF on low loader work with STGO cat 2 plates on an we only do about 40-45 mph on motorways an considerably less on smaller roads! You can only imagine the **** i get off car drivers especially when you cant get somewhere an you block everywhere up!

Oh by the way heres one for the car drivers among you when a wagon is up your a##e in road works its because the Tacho that displays the speed is bang on where as cars usually read 4-5 mph over so you may think your doing 40 but really only doing about 36 or 7 mph

Edited by jethrofurness

it is fun to p!ss car drivers off with an empty wagon at traffic lights on islands when they get in the wrong lane and think they can beat you off the line and pull in front, they don't know what to do when you are keeping up with them except blast the horn :no:

Ok, so when driving down a dual carriage way and an HGV decides to over take another HGV, are they;

A/ Taking turns in each others slipstreams to save diesel

B/ Being a d!ck and wanting to do 59mph when the other guy is doing 57mph

C/ Just p!$$ing of car drivers by taking 5 minutes/2miles to over take for a laugh??

Its fast becoming my #1 driving peeve!! :no:

Mark

None.........they are just over taking.

Bring back RAIL FREIGHT!

And on what experience do you base that comment young sir. I doubt that you will remember rail frieght, or the 3 0r 4 days it used to take to get delivery of something instead of the overnight service you now enjoy. And what makes car drivers think they have the right over HGV's to be driving on the roads? How much is your vehicle exise duty? And how much is A trucks?

If you've got it, a truck brought it

the problem is different lorrys are restricted to different speeds my DAF was 54mph but the merc was 56 mph and when you are following another lorry you keep catching it up so you pull out to overtake but them you have full force of the wind so go past about 1mph faster, it is not to p!ss anybody off it is just to get to your destination a bit quicker ie in a 56 mile jouney you could be there 5-10 mins quicker and when you have time regs to stick to 5-10mins can mean the differance between breaking the law and not.

people who complain about lorrys should get behind the wheel of one it would soon shut most of them up

:look:

shaun....(hgv driver)

You can always tell whos drives lorrys for the living.

They are always tanned down one side of the body.

And tan free on the other. :yes:

I know about these things i have the passion for HGV Drivers ;)

(well for one of them anyway) :hmm::wub:

The car drivers who cut up lorrys is unbelieveable . Its not so easy to brake in one of those beasts .

When it comes down to it they really are kings of the road. :look:

xxxSuzy

i drive a heavy cabling lorry for bt,when pepole cut in front of you, you have two break and it ****** you off.

And it pi$$es me off when a lorry is going 35 mph in a 60mph zone on an 8 mile stretch of a single carriageway and you cant pass because of oncoming traffic.

Mean come on 35 mph in a 60 is taking the pi$$ and your talking about time regulations well it seems some of you have all the time in the world.

And it pi$es me off when a lorry is going 35 mph in a 60mph zone on an 8 mile stretch of a single carriageway and you cant pass because of oncoming traffic.

Mean come on 35 mph in a 60 is taking the pi$ and your talking about time regulations well it seems some of you have all the time in the world.

That would be because the speed limit is 40MPH on a single carriageway (for a 'lorry')

Sec 81,86,89 and 6 of the RTRA (if i recall correctly)

Edited by ph5172

That would be because the speed limit is 40MPH on a single carriageway

Its an A road its starts out as a dual carriageway then its a single road each way, most lorries do go at 50 to 60 mph but some just frustratingly do 35mph, making you late for work.

The dual section would be 50MPH

The limits were set when Braking capabilities of HGVs wernt as good as they are now.

Just dont try overtaking them on a hill or over a solid line... as it hurts occasionally!!

The lorries I can deal with, after all they 're doing a job and I drive a 7.5 ton truck now and then. It's these muppets that drive around with their fog lights on at night, now thats dangerous. Another one is people who drive behind lorries with their full beam on blinding..oh then their's the ones who try and cut inside you on round-a-bouts, when you think about it, if drivers of all vehicles were a bit more considerate to each other we probably wouldn't spend half our lives stuck in traffic jams,, I'm just off to get my haylo :hmm: :look: :yes:

Funnily enough I had a run in with a **** foreign lorry driver a couple of days ago......on A1 goign through temp roadworks with a 30 mph limit.....pablo from spain in his super huge yank style HGV comes roraring up my ar** flashing his lights( I must add that I was on my Kwak zx9r ). After giving him the internationally recognised 'bird' sign and pointing at the speed signs, I pulled over and he trundled past. The best thing is I watched him pull into a fuel stop so I followed. Wasn't he a surprised young Miguel when I pointed out the errors of his ways(using more international hand langauge and broken spanish nouns/verbs).

HGV drivers - mostly cool, some bad - Spanish ones bunch of ***********

I have not driven the biguns for a long time. But in my case it was B+C. And now I drive a (builders) van, I choose my moment of overtaking very carefully.

Just at the point where some D***H*** is doing 90 and wants to get passed.

And if they don't like it they can either:

Obey the law

or

sit behind me for a minute or two.

It's about time they fitted speed trackers to all vehicles.

lol

Edited by RC45