Poxy Weather

markb

Well, with the report on this mornings new's that the met office have changed their minds about the summer forcast, apparently we're not going to have that "BBQ" summer they promised, no suprise really, this would appear to be what summers are going to be like,

It's been raining since Sunday with us and the only dry day last week was Saturday, there are a hell of a lot of people round here who still haven't done their first cut yet let alone second.

Met office, easy money I wouldn't mind working for a company were you can get it sooo wrong and still get paid, :good::lol:

So what's it doing in your part of the country, and the third Test starts tomorrow???

Weather's rubbish here. Not soild rain but near enough. I really do feel for the farmers who should be harvesting, it must be a real nightmare trying to get it sorted.

I'm a gardener. I'm getting sod all done. Our flat roof has just leaked and I'm not earning any money :good:

Can't even go shooting. If I did I'd be the only one daft enough to be out in this. The Rabbits have got more sense than to go out in this!

I really do feel for the farmers who should be harvesting, it must be a real nightmare trying to get it sorted.

It is, trust me. We have yet another day of drizzle ahead of us. We've now caught up with discing all the rape and barley stubble, and everyone is waiting to fire up the combines again.

Thursday and Saturday should be clear, but then we're back to more rain and drizzle.

Well, with the report on this mornings new's that the met office have changed their minds about the summer forcast, apparently we're not going to have that "BBQ" summer they promised, no suprise really, this would appear to be what summers are going to be like,

It's been raining since Sunday with us and the only dry day last week was Saturday, there are a hell of a lot of people round here who still haven't done their first cut yet let alone second.

Met office, easy money I wouldn't mind working for a company were you can get it sooo wrong and still get paid, :good::lol:

So what's it doing in your part of the country, and the third Test starts tomorrow???

Must be a load of ex-bankers working there at the moment then. The met office should be on performance related pay. Anyway, I don't know what you lot are grumbling about, I've got 8 1/2 bags of locally produced charcoal sitting in my garage. At this rate, I won't need to buy any more until 2015. Still, it does burn lovely and cooks like a demon... Oh no, sorry! That's me that cooks like a demon :lol:

Been out this morning on laid barley, got there 09:00 set up and the birds had started to come in steady on the decoys, I'd had 3 or 4 when the drizzle started !!! that quickly led to torrential rain, its 12:30 now and still ******* down. :good::lol:

Ive obviously give up and am now drying out and enjoying a cuppa, left me hide and decoys in the field luckily its in the middle of nowhere so should be no worries there, my heart goes out to all the folk who have to make a living outside, passed a couple of farmers on quads heading out on fields if thats what you can call them more like bogs really.

The field im shooting over is about 30 acres and to be honest the barley looks ruined, on talking to the farmer yesterday he asked if over half the field was flat and looked sickened when i nodded, really felt for the guy.

English summers eh, well ive got a few more days off so hoping thurs or fri will be better.

Well, its been about 5 months since I shot a pigeon and looks like it won't be sometime soon that I'll be able to get out again.

I daren't ring the farmer to see if he's in need of a bit of crop protection coz even if he is I won't be going in this weather!! :good:

Still,...... plenty of time to go in the shed and invent a few more decoys or whatever!!

GH

Yesterday I checked the forecast with a view to a spot of decoying, they said it would p**be raining by 1300hrs here in Kent.

So I cancelled and guess what, its shirt off weather, the sun is shining, its warm and just a tad of a breeze.

So WRONG AGAIN mr weatherman!!

Rgds D2D.

Well at the Herts/North London border it seems to be on and off with the rain, been dry today but the darkest clouds overhead... lol

The weather men did make me laugh a few months ago by saying 'paint your house's white, as we're gonna have the hottest summer'....... glad i saved me cash for something more worth while like a umbrella :welcomeani::welcomeani:

Farmers round me were out first thing cutting and it was ok for a start when i was out feeding but just after 9am the rain came and has not stopped once all day . The days of setting things up for the season in the baking sun seem to have gone and after what they had been saying for the summer we should of known really tho !

It would appear that the British summer is a thing of the past, we're just over 900' above sea level so we never have scorching hot day's, but the last 2 summers have been a complete wash out and now this year is going the same way, in fact this year we decided not to cut any hay or silage we will be buying it in. so hopefuly we've saved a bit of money as we won't go as mad with the old 20 10 10, I think we paid something like 400 quid a ton last year, the plastic wrap was more expensive as well, any way enoughof that........ what effect is it having on the wild life and our shooting

Just have a look at the BBC weather map for N.Ireland, gales are being forecast for Saturday, again.

Luckily, during the week we only had heavy rain with overcast skies and from what I can see this is will continue into next week. Farmers here must be sickened by the weather and around the country their crops are suffering from the deluge. The Bar-B-Que summer did not arrive and has been put on the long finger. I could go on but on a brighter note because of the rain, I am able to watch the Onions and Anderson show in the third test.

Edited by Robalex

Saw a combine out yesterday, just down the road. They must be desperate as I can't imagine the moisture content is anything near 16%.

I guess they will have a huge drying bill!!

I think they had broken down or got stuck in the mud, as if it wasn't bad enough already :good:

GH