WHY !!!!!!!!

Davyo

Guest cookoff013

i remember being yelled at by the farmer, for leaving shells everywhere......

piles and piles of them.

ti checked them over RC sipe 20gauge, yellow. "wrong gauge for starters......"

small while later, i was ferreting, the farmer called his whole family over for a crack at rabbits. the farmers brother then proceeded to tell us his shells are awsome. pulls out some rc sipe, and shows everyone. then throws the empties over his brothers land. caught him red handed, then still get blamed.

I may have left an odd spent cartridge case or 2 that I could not find as I am sure most of us have at sometime but to leave that ammount of rubbish is just not on.

I try and count the shots fired, verses the bag at the end of the day by the amount of empties I put back into the holdall as opposed to counting all the cartridges before starting out. It does not take much time its just being lazy.

You will probibly find the same type of person who cant be bothered to take there rubbish back with them after a days shooting, drops litter all over the place expecting someone else to pick it up.

It's only training that's required - And a strong shoot captain or farmer.

All my guns pick up their cartridges. All my pigeon shooters pick up theirs.

If they don't then they don't come again. No exceptions.

It is simply obey the rules or go somewhere else.

If I found that mess on my farms I would have picked it up and took it home and binned it . It wouldn't happen on my farms as I am the only person who shoot them . I do have a couple of little helpers but they are countrymen and know how to behave . I use a self loader for pigeon shooting and it is always possible to leave a casing or to behind after you have cleared up .

Harnser

I loose an odd one or two when I'm using my s/a but also walk around consciously looking for them at all times (works best in winter though), I'm still finding the green rotweil empties that drove me nuts a good 7 years ago!! I never use green cartridges any more for that reason.

It's not ideal but I think it's just about acceptable because it was unintentional and I did all I could to find them - and continue to do so. I've had no complaints thankfully.

Society in general seems quite flawed these days though, I'd've got a smacked backside for dropping litter when I was a child - yet you often see kids drop litter in front of their parents these days without a word, let alone a stern telling off :unhappy:

Have had the same on one of my permissions,there is a bloke and his son who only turn up come summer when the pigeons are hitting the crops,last year I found crisp packets,shells and even empty bottles of mossie repellant,I showed the farmer so it up to him what happens but he knows it is not me making the mess,sometimes you do lose a shell from the s/a but I do have a good look for it,I do deliberately leave a spent rimfire case or two on one of my golf courses where the groundsman will spot them,it lets him know I have been about,when I do see him he is happy that I am shooting regularly.

What really annoys me is a permission that is in the middle of nowhere,at least 8 miles from the town and access is down a narrow lane that is a dead end,I regularly find Maccy d wrappers and drinks cartons dumped in front of the gate,why do they drive 8 miles to the middle of nowhere to eat this and dump it,one day I will catch them,and there is no way out if my truck is blocking the lane.

Have had the same on one of my permissions,there is a bloke and his son who only turn up come summer when the pigeons are hitting the crops,last year I found crisp packets,shells and even empty bottles of mossie repellant,I showed the farmer so it up to him what happens but he knows it is not me making the mess,sometimes you do lose a shell from the s/a but I do have a good look for it,I do deliberately leave a spent rimfire case or two on one of my golf courses where the groundsman will spot them,it lets him know I have been about,when I do see him he is happy that I am shooting regularly.

What really annoys me is a permission that is in the middle of nowhere,at least 8 miles from the town and access is down a narrow lane that is a dead end,I regularly find Maccy d wrappers and drinks cartons dumped in front of the gate,why do they drive 8 miles to the middle of nowhere to eat this and dump it,one day I will catch them,and there is no way out if my truck is blocking the lane.

why do they drive 8 miles to the middle of nowhere to eat this and dump it..............if they were of opposite sex.............I have an idea !

On a slightly separate note we had someone dump a massive pile of old rusty fridges and freezers in the gateway of our shoot....I would like 5 minutes alone with the culprit and a nice length of blackthorn!

thats the photos i left out, they dump their tv's,fridges cabinets you name it its there

that is the main reason I don't like anyone using semi auto,s on my perms,

the times I,ve gone back the next day only to find cartridges in the hedgelines and the odd loose one here and there,them semis spit em out like sweets and I understand you might not find them all but it is not worth me losing my perm because someone has used a semi auto and spat carts all over the place,

pick everything up before you leave and respect the land, otherwise you aint shooting with me,,,,simples