Leaving carts in car

Guest stevo

If your vehicle was unlucky enough to be stolen then recovered by the police I think they may take a dim view on finding ammo in it.

They can take whatever view they want. There is not a cotton picking thing they can say or do about. There is NO law in place that states where or how I store sec 2 ammunition . When my FEO called round two months ago. I had 2000 shells stuck up the dinning room wall. The only comment I got was ' ahhhh pigeon extream . What do you reckon to them. Any good? ' yeah not bad I said. I've got another four thousand mixed in the garage Do you need to see them? Nope He said. Ok then I'll get the kettle on haha.

If an FEO tells you any different . Just ask them to put it writing.

Know one is saying its against the law but it's still not very professional, just because something is not elegal doesn't always meen its right. Its this sort of attitude that the anties love to try and exploit, but there again every body can have their say and this is mine

I don't leave any lying around,they are in a locked steel cabinet next to my safe.It just seems responsible to put them away seeing as I have that facility..Its the same with the sub 12lb air,although it's ok just to pop it in s locked cupboard it goes in the safe with the shotgun & rifles & the pellets for that are in the cabinet with the Cartridges.

A big mistake I did make once was to leave my knive in the car and an officer kindly had a word and said that if I am not going too or from my perm it should be removed from the vehicle.

Edited by Davyo

We all have/transport carts in our vehicles,common sense plays its part here :good: BB

Out of sight out of mind,and once back from shooting I remove from car,i know its not a requirement but my OCD gets the better of me :lol:

Edited by Bluebarrels

Interesting reading the replies from people who keep a slab in the car 'on standby' ... 'just in case', etc.

I mean, you've got to go home and get the gun, so where is the issue with keeping cartridges at home too ?

At home we don't keep cartridges locked up, but there's only myself and my wife live here. A few slabs in the spare bedroom, and a few cartridges on top of the gun cabinet. If I've been clay shooting (the only time I'm likely to put cartridges in the car), then I'll bring the cartridges in with the gun, as soon as I get home.

Guest stevo

Mine are not kept in a car. My spare slab is kept locked away in a van that has no windows in the back. Totally out of sight. With a grands worth of security and tracker fitted. The van is then locked.in the garage at night. It's not like there in the back of an estate car parked down the road haha. So with that in mind there is more security in place than most peoples houses...

Edited by stevo

Interesting reading the replies from people who keep a slab in the car 'on standby' ... 'just in case', etc.

I mean, you've got to go home and get the gun, so where is the issue with keeping cartridges at home too ?

At home we don't keep cartridges locked up, but there's only myself and my wife live here. A few slabs in the spare bedroom, and a few cartridges on top of the gun cabinet. If I've been clay shooting (the only time I'm likely to put cartridges in the car), then I'll bring the cartridges in with the gun, as soon as I get home.

When people say on standby they mean they can go back to the car and get some when they are already shooting , I usually have around 500 with me when pigeon shooting , but I only take 100 down the field and go back to get some more if I am having a decent day.

They can take whatever view they want. There is not a cotton picking thing they can say or do about. There is NO law in place that states where or how I store sec 2 ammunition . When my FEO called round two months ago. I had 2000 shells stuck up the dinning room wall. The only comment I got was ' ahhhh pigeon extream . What do you reckon to them. Any good? ' yeah not bad I said. I've got another four thousand mixed in the garage Do you need to see them? Nope He said. Ok then I'll get the kettle on haha.

If an FEO tells you any different . Just ask them to put it writing.

Do you know something we dont :-):-)

Guest stevo

Do you know something we dont :-):-)

You've lost me? If your.on about the amount of shells... I'm expecting some big days on the pigeons haha. I wish ;-)

Edited by stevo

If your vehicle was unlucky enough to be stolen then recovered by the police I think they may take a dim view on finding ammo in it.

They might, but that's all they can do.

Edit: I do agree though that just because it's allowed doesn't make it sensible. I wouldn't leave any in the car for any length of time, only on shooting days. Who wants to lug hundreds of shells to a location only to fire a dozen.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Guest stevo

I find ido better if i just throw the cartridge at them, saves clean the gun later on :-):-)

Haha I know what you mean at the moment. It's rubbish at the min round here. Get the odd day but not enough to get excited about. I have loads of peas but nothing interested in them yet.