British open

kingo15

Thanks ehb, glad you too enjoyed the shoot.

It was definitely a "soft" shoot for most, when compared against say, the English Open at Hodnet, I did a 95 there, (79.2 percent), as opposed to a 107 at the British, (89.2 percent).

My current average in ESP is 86.1, so I shot well above my average, which is unusual for a "major".

Weather conditions were not a factor in either shoot, it was simply a case of the targets being a tad "softer" at the British.

Cat.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was definitely a "soft" shoot for most, when compared against say, the English Open at Hodnet, I did a 95 there, (79.2 percent), as opposed to a 107 at the British, (89.2 percent).

Right. I'll save myself for the ones at High Lodge then. Nice and local and uplifting.

My current average in ESP is 86.1, so I shot well above my average, which is unusual for a "major".

Weather conditions were not a factor in either shoot, it was simply a case of the targets being a tad "softer" at the British.

Cat.

Strange old game isn't it! I was the other way round, 102 at the English, 94 at the British. What made the British tricky for me was a couple of stands where the clays were difficult for me to see against the background. The younger members of the squad did not seem to have a problem!

I tend to agree that the Super Final format doesn't suit everybody, but the CPSA have tried it all ways over recent years, I think their view is that is the way the sponsors want it..?

At least they're making progress in some respects, now everybody starts on stand 1.

I had quite a lengthy exchange of e-mails with one of the previous CEO's of the CPSA, when I argued against the "shotgun start" on every stand, and the double squadding that went with it, he maintained that it simply wouldn't be possible to run it any other way, the ground owners wouldn't like it and you couldn't get enough guns through.

Well, I do believe he was wrong, as the now smooth running of recent events have proved.

Cat.

It's definitely much better with everyone starting on stand one.

Whilst I do agree with the way the format is run with the top 5 making a final on the Sunday day.

What I don't understand is why people make the finals on Sunday and don't or can't turn up. Why the cpsa can't replace them

In fairness, the qualifiers for the final day were not published online by the CPSA until about 8.30 Saturday evening, it would be not possible for them to check to see if everybody who had qualified was going to turn up, and even if they did, they would probably be in the situation where some that said yes might have subsequently changed their minds..?

We were 2 people light on my squad, it meant that the 3 of us were on first more often than a squad of 5 or 6, which can be a bit if a disadvantage, but, hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Cat

It's definitely much better with everyone starting on stand one.

Whilst I do agree with the way the format is run with the top 5 making a final on the Sunday day.

What I don't understand is why people make the finals on Sunday and don't or can't turn up. Why the cpsa can't replace them

I agree about everyone starting on stand one,

The finals thing I disagree with,

When we shoot the Essex we shoot it Wed/Thurs due to circumstances, (not that I'm going to make the finals)

But if I did then I find out on Saturday evening?

It's nigh on a 550-600 mile round trip, so I would have to either kip in car/pay a silly amount for a late booking B+B or set off at daft o'clock Sunday morning to then shoot.

It's not practical,

If I shoot let's say 117/120 :lol: in the British Open and am a clear winner then surely I have won without the rigmarole of driviving back to wherever it is?

:shaun:

The CPSA did put a message out on Facebook asking if qualifiers who could not attend let them know but I suppose even that is touch and go and anyway you get the finalists and that is it. Imagine if you ended up going down the list until you came to the person who came last :)

It's was an enjoyable shoot. Thought it was soft compared to last years British.

Had a few full retard moments to end up with a 93.

Agree with all above about the super Sunday final, he who shoots the higest score should win. Simples.

4hour 20mins each way for me. If by the hand of God I made the finals I wouldn't be travelling back down.

It's was an enjoyable shoot. Thought it was soft compared to last years British.

Had a few full retard moments to end up with a 93.

Agree with all above about the super Sunday final, he who shoots the higest score should win. Simples.

4hour 20mins each way for me. If by the hand of God I made the finals I wouldn't be travelling back down.

Too soft but you still missed 21 % how hard should it be ?

Just expected more longer birds as per the previous British open's.

As in targets you'd look at and think 'how the hell am I going to hit that' and when/ if you do it makes your day.

Was up slightly on my average which I wasn't expecting given the fact it's the British.

Would I shoot it again. HELL YES

And I can miss the easiest birds with the best of em.

Edited by a303

I agree about everyone starting on stand one,

The finals thing I disagree with,

When we shoot the Essex we shoot it Wed/Thurs due to circumstances, (not that I'm going to make the finals)

But if I did then I find out on Saturday evening?

It's nigh on a 550-600 mile round trip, so I would have to either kip in car/pay a silly amount for a late booking B+B or set off at daft o'clock Sunday morning to then shoot.

It's not practical,

If I shoot let's say 117/120 :lol: in the British Open and am a clear winner then surely I have won without the rigmarole of driviving back to wherever it is?

:shaun:

if you shot that score mate id come and pick you up :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think I will consult another doctor in our practice, eye wise I seem more knowledgable than the ones I have spoken to. Cheers Deershooter. from Auntie.

I go for my cataract eye op on Friday, I will keep you informed. This is after surgery for a detached retina in April and I have had previous laser treatment in the 90's.